Will FS22 be negatively affected?

faruk9154

Will FS22 be negatively affected?

Post by faruk9154 »

I noticed today, the Giants are looking for workers. Will this reflect negatively on FS22? Because something similar happened in FS19. Close to the game release date, a lot of workers came out. And the game came out with big flaws. Most bugs were never fixed again. Is there any possibility that such negativitys will happen for FS22 as well? :confusednew:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Ritchie

Re: Will FS22 be negatively affected?

Post by Ritchie »

There's a post in the News section listing current positions they are looking to fill from September 2019 which has been constantly updated, so no it's not a recent thing. Why even worry about something like this, not as if you can do anything about it anyway. Apart from apply for one of the jobs of course lol.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Ritchie wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:31 am There's a post in the News section listing current positions they are looking to fill from September 2019 which has been constantly updated, so no it's not a recent thing. Why even worry about something like this, not as if you can do anything about it anyway. Apart from apply for one of the jobs of course lol.
I'm worried because I don't want the game to come out with bugs they won't fix. I don't want it to be like FS19.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m afraid bugs upon release in any game at this point is a fact of life, all the people on the forum acting as if this is only an FS thing are just being intentionally blind to it. Long gone are the days of buying a cartridge that you knew was a finished product.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

^ In short, what he said.

It's not that they're treating us as beta testers, it's just that games are now huge and FS has probably hundreds of different approaches and thousands of combinations. Even with a hundred testers things will be missed. It's how a developer responds that is important.

faruk9154 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:41 am I'm worried because I don't want the game to come out with bugs they won't fix. I don't want it to be like FS19.
The fact is FS22 will come with bugs. No software these days released without bugs - it's not possible. Obviously whether they do or should fix them is another issue, one which I hope is reassessed given the longer lead time.

FS19 wasn't buggy because they hired staff before release, it was buggy because it was probably rushed to release (which is why I think the 3+ year cycle is here to stay, not just because of the new consoles as GIANTS said). This might have been the thinking why they didn't want to tie themselves down to a publisher and chose to self-publish as and when they're confident they can release a completed game.

GIANTS have been increasing their workforce ever since FS2008 was released. I think that first game was largely the work of two people and they're now at what, somewhere between 60 and 80 I guess.

A successful game developer will always increase their staff numbers and attract talent. I guess the issue is whether they are able to attract that talent to the locations they want, as some of those jobs seem to have been advertised for some time now, though COVID and the associated travel issues won't be helping.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

Although it was reported so much, I especially complained about the problem of not correcting the errors on purpose. Just like they did in FS19. I hope they don't ignore feedback on FS22.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:34 pm
FS19 wasn't buggy because they hired staff before release, it was buggy because it was probably rushed to release (which is why I think the 3+ year cycle is here to stay, not just because of the new consoles as GIANTS said). This might have been the thinking why they didn't want to tie themselves down to a publisher and chose to self-publish as and when they're confident they can release a completed game.
Not to mention I’m sure it was much easier to say consoles were holding up their decision on the new game than to disparage the publisher of the game they were still actively releasing content for.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There is a high chance of negativity coupled with an afternoon shower of temper tantrums
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 3:47 pm There is a high chance of negativity coupled with an afternoon shower of temper tantrums
:lol:

On the subject of publishers and such, it’s most likely Focus contractually required a game a year, meaning they had 2yrs if they didn’t want to make 2 mobile games. And would explain the highly cut down and bug filled nature of FS19 on release, they had to chop features (landscape tool almost definitely wasn’t came up with after release, I believe there was supposed to be a gear box/transmission, bugs that most likely would’ve been caught a decent testing program, etc)
Also known as my hopes Fs22 has release bugs and not rushed to release bugs
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
colby65

Post by colby65 »

When you think about driving mechanics in the game, other games seem to have them better developed than in FS22. Why? There are a couple of aspects combined but mostly it feels like in the Farming Simulator it really doesn’t matter where you drive your tractor or combine – asphalt or dirty land – the feeling is the same. However, the machinery has the features such as huge tires for tough terrain, which is of real-life tractors or combines and that should actually alter the way you drive them. Therefore, as fans, we would like to see a bit more details like this to be added to the game.

When you play Farming Simulator, you are actually able to swap the tires of your vehicles, which in real life ends up in better efficiency and performance, but in the game, this operation actually doesn’t do anything significant. Currently, the only thing that makes a difference is adding a better engine. So, as you already understood, all the rest of the things you can do is actually just for the visual part of your game. As we already have seasons coming up in the new version, it would make sense that driving your vehicle would feel different in various climate conditions.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

This is indeed a problem. Sports car like handling and acceleration are things that really irritate me in FS. In games like ETS2 you actually feel like you are driving a big and heavy piece of equipment. You never get that sensation in FS. Steering, brake and accelerator responses are simply too high for all vehicles in FS and not at all realistic.

I have another problem and this one is harder to explain, because I cannot quite put my finger on the reason for it. It may be the POV, or it may be something else. But in FS you never get to appreciate the true scale of the machinery you are standing next to in first person. Everything "seems" smaller than it should be in real life. Stand next to a John Deere 7 series in real life and then do the same in the game and you should, hopefully, see what I mean.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

There is a lot of little things like this that make this game feel like you're playing with toy tractors.

Rear view mirrors for example are useless...vehicles seem like they have no weight...objects bouncing around when you are near them.

Small improvements in basic functions like that would make a world of difference. It's called a simulator after all but it feels less like a simulator then some pure arcade games.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I don't think FS22 is going to be negatively effected, in fact from everything I have seen it'll be the opposite. I've not seen anywhere that Giants have been losing staff, but have seen them over the last few years advertising and growing their roster of employees and how many are working for the company and on their products. That to me, with the extended product cycle we have seen from FS19 to FS22 should mean they have had much longer to work on the game, it's development, it's features and be testing things as they go.

Will the game release bug free, of course not, no game does, no game can. Whilst they can do as much internal testing as they can, no developer can ever replace thousands of players playing the game, some of which will try to do things outside the box and normal way, some will actively try to find exploits for certain things and try to find shortcuts to systems in the game and these will be the people who find the bugs and then complain about them and shout about things and complain on forums and social media how bad the game is because they've managed to break it.

What I do hope is when FS22 releases and players find bugs and submit bug reports, that Giants actually do act on them correctly and fix them and release patches. I hope to see more frequent hot-fixing to reported bugs in FS22 rather then waiting to drop a big patch to coincide with a DLC drop which is what happened with FS19, more regular bug fixes being applied in those first months after launch would be welcomed by everyone I'm quite sure. I also hope that for FS22 when people do submit bug reports here on these forums via Giants Tracker system, we don't see so many reports being labelled with 'Won't Fix' so soon after launch. That was one thing that did really annoy me with FS19, that within that first 12 months after release a lot of genuine and valid bug reports got labelled and replied to with 'Won't Fix' when they should have been and Giants definitely had the time to do so, even more so once the delayed release of FS22 was announce, they had time to maybe go and roll out one last patch for FS19 and fix some of those "Won't Fix" items, but chose not to.

So yes I expect FS22 to launch in better state then FS19 due to the changes in the studio and with the publishing giving them more control over the release. I also expect to see a better response this time though if and when players do find bugs and report them to actually fixing them promptly and not just ignoring them.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

People have said the issues of 19 were likely due to constraints put on Giants from their publisher. I am trying to be optimistic and pinning my hopes of a successful release, publisher free.
I hope we don't see strange things, like removing greenhouses, but adding a sand castle to the base game. Or leaving key functionalities out, release after release. Sheep have to poop too.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:47 pm I don't think FS22 is going to be negatively effected, in fact from everything I have seen it'll be the opposite. I've not seen anywhere that Giants have been losing staff, but have seen them over the last few years advertising and growing their roster of employees and how many are working for the company and on their products. That to me, with the extended product cycle we have seen from FS19 to FS22 should mean they have had much longer to work on the game, it's development, it's features and be testing things as they go.

Will the game release bug free, of course not, no game does, no game can. Whilst they can do as much internal testing as they can, no developer can ever replace thousands of players playing the game, some of which will try to do things outside the box and normal way, some will actively try to find exploits for certain things and try to find shortcuts to systems in the game and these will be the people who find the bugs and then complain about them and shout about things and complain on forums and social media how bad the game is because they've managed to break it.

What I do hope is when FS22 releases and players find bugs and submit bug reports, that Giants actually do act on them correctly and fix them and release patches. I hope to see more frequent hot-fixing to reported bugs in FS22 rather then waiting to drop a big patch to coincide with a DLC drop which is what happened with FS19, more regular bug fixes being applied in those first months after launch would be welcomed by everyone I'm quite sure. I also hope that for FS22 when people do submit bug reports here on these forums via Giants Tracker system, we don't see so many reports being labelled with 'Won't Fix' so soon after launch. That was one thing that did really annoy me with FS19, that within that first 12 months after release a lot of genuine and valid bug reports got labelled and replied to with 'Won't Fix' when they should have been and Giants definitely had the time to do so, even more so once the delayed release of FS22 was announce, they had time to maybe go and roll out one last patch for FS19 and fix some of those "Won't Fix" items, but chose not to.

So yes I expect FS22 to launch in better state then FS19 due to the changes in the studio and with the publishing giving them more control over the release. I also expect to see a better response this time though if and when players do find bugs and report them to actually fixing them promptly and not just ignoring them.
These is what I wanted to says. These were my concerns. I am very happy that we agree with you and that you can translate for me. Thank you very much. :hi: I hope the Giants take these into consideration.