Most efficient way to unload combine

IseOlen

Re: Most efficient way to unload combine

Post by IseOlen »

Most efficient (when it works) is full CP or combine+auger on CP and hauler on AD. It's just a pleasure to see auger reaching combine just when the latter is about to get 90% full, do the unload on the go(!) and both continuing their tasks separately. Unfortunately auger+combine collisions still happen sometimes.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Personally , on the current save on Kleinhau, I run the combine myself, and also the carting, unless I'm far away from the farm, then I use ad (1 helper) to haul the crops to the farm silo, while I run the combine and the auger. Can't really afford having a lot of helpers running arround....
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...

Post by 419054 »

From my experience you cant fully automate the unload combine mode (Auger Wagons). This is only possible in some ideal circumstances with no obstacles around the field like fences, creeks. Most of the maps are not that friendly and after i tried many things its not worth babysitting the auger wagon rather than unload it manually. I personally would set the harvesters on cp courses even with the multiple tools and i would do the auger wagons, and then AD to do the carting from the field.
empato

Post by empato »

I`m on Flint Hills which has big fields and mostly enough space around them. Under these conditions the automation works nearly perfect.
I use CP for the harvester and CP also for the auger wagon. That will drive and unload to the truck, which is waiting near the field with an AD course to the farm silo. It´s very rare that with this setting any problem occur.

Sometimes if I want to run the combine by myself, I have a different setting. Than I use two unloaders with AD, both have two regular trailers attached. There is an option in the AD settings, that the 2nd unloader will start already when the first unloader reach a certain fill level. That also works very well, and I can harvest nonstop without any issue.
The_Silent_One

Post by The_Silent_One »

empato wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 pm Than I use two unloaders with AD, both have two regular trailers attached. There is an option in the AD settings, that the 2nd unloader will start already when the first unloader reach a certain fill level. That also works very well, and I can harvest nonstop without any issue.
by unloaders, do you mean grain carts?
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:21 pm AI Vehicle Extension for combine
I haven't used AIVE for years, but after your comments I checked the git and saw that the author still updates it.
I'll give it a try to see how it fares.
empato

Post by empato »

The_Silent_One wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:36 am
empato wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 3:13 pm Than I use two unloaders with AD, both have two regular trailers attached. There is an option in the AD settings, that the 2nd unloader will start already when the first unloader reach a certain fill level. That also works very well, and I can harvest nonstop without any issue.
by unloaders, do you mean grain carts?
Don`t know if it`s called grain carts. I mean a regular tractor with two trailers. Something like the one linked below, only that I attach a 2nd trailer of it.

https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019

Or like here on picture 2
https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:19 am
theSeb wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 4:21 pm AI Vehicle Extension for combine
I haven't used AIVE for years, but after your comments I checked the git and saw that the author still updates it.
I'll give it a try to see how it fares.
I quite like it as a substitute for the normal worker, or CP, for certain field tasks.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I almost always have the harvester running on a Courseplay field generation, unless it's such a small field that I want to drive. Most of the time I will run the grain cart in the field, unless it's such a big field that I manage the whole operation, in which case I set the auger wagon up on Courseplay or AutoDrive. Courseplay is a better choice for carting I feel, besides the fact that it can lag the game attempting to find a course. AutoDrive doesn't lag on big fields, but it will stop to unload, decreasing efficiency. I haven't played on a big field in forever though. As far as the road transport, I will set that up on a AutoDrive course if possible, but most of the time, I am using an auger, which makes an AutoDrive course impossible to set up because of traffic collisions. On my Autumn Oaks save, I recently finished wheat harvest, the combine was on Courseplay, I ran the grain cart, and the pace was steady enough where I could take the gravity wagons to the bins just down the road.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!