People take multiplayer too serious

FarmingcanbeFuntoo

People take multiplayer too serious

Post by FarmingcanbeFuntoo »

This has been an issue that has bothered me a lot here recently. I've had several really bad multiplayer experiences tonight since it was my first time playing multiplayer on FS19. I joined games only with no passwords so I figured there would be some chaos (which there was and should be expected leaving your farm open to anyone) The first game I joined was fine at first, everyone was nice and I asked what I could help with and so on. It wasn't until the host found someone covered his silage pit that things went south. He became angry and I mean really angry over something so small. I had been cultivating a field for probably an hour and a half so I asked the guy politely what the big issue was and that it was probably one of the random people who came and gone from the game who were just being rude. He then went on to accuse me of having a terrible attitude for asking if someone could fill up my planter since it was a far drive on a tractor that was slow because he wouldn't repair equipment. I finally asked why he must take anger out on me when I cultivated and planted his fields for 2 hours (2 hours I will never get back). I was then banned from the game.

A few crappy games later and I join a game with several people who were all just running around doing whatever they wanted and talking to people. I didn't feel like farming at this point, I just stood where the game put me and chatted to other players. I joked around some but was never mean, rude, cursed, or made any sexual references. I simply walked around and watched players work and chase around people going by. (Remember when you walk around freely you cant really get in anyone's way ). An hour passes with no issues and then I'm asked to leave if I won't bother helping. I was a little taken back, the game wasn't full, I didn't bother anyone or destroy any property. The one thing I asked the whole game was if anyone knew any funny jokes!

That was just one night of playing public multiplayer. Has anyone had similar experiences? I understand if people would be polite and tell me when I joined a game that they only want players who can help them, but these people were rude to me. No warnings or anything. I feel people are also incredibly bossy, constantly saying to trade tractors or get banned and so on. I still can't believe a guy banned me because I dared question his reason to be angry. It really takes the wind out of your sails and sours the over all experience and bummed me out. I feel you are asking for people like me to join your game when you open it to the public and not a password locked game. Anyone else agree or have any stories to share? Or do you believe I am in the wrong? Please let me know because I don't know how to feel. I probably won't reply to comments since this is a throw away account.

Edit don_apple: topic moved from german to english section.
vovovo

Re: People take multiplayer too serious

Post by vovovo »

Welcome to the real world, some people are ****, there's nothing you, me or anyone else could to about it. How to feel about it? Just let it go man, don't bother yourself with that, it's just a game and every game has toxic players.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah to reiterate all games are like this if they were just asking you to leave or banning you without a tirade of expletives you’re doing pretty well compared to other games haha. There is a multiplayer area in this forum where people seek people for different types of experiences, maybe you should check those out or advertise what you’re looking for there. I would imagine if someone’s willing to advertise they are probably a little more respectful and better behaved than your average multiplayer asshat.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I see advertisements asking for players on closed MP games on Facebook and those usually ask for serious players with mic able to put in X hours at a time.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I won't play multi player unless it's with people I know in real life. I've seen enough by watching my teenager play a plethora of multi player games. The multi player gaming world is a cesspool.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

We can do another GTA-V and FS19 comparison -- toxicity of online players!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Guil

Post by Guil »

See this is a perfect example of why you should join a multiplayer community such as FSN, not sure if anything exists for console. I'm sure there is actually and community trader would probably be a great start just with less
Decriptus

Post by Decriptus »

If I load into a public game and hear high pitched voices ....I leave lol
Jalars86

Post by Jalars86 »

I've learned my lesson about multiplayer from GTA V. Any online game with random people has a 99% chance of being awful. Lots of trolls and little kids with bad attitudes. I just play single player for that reason. I'd say your best bet is to take the advice of some of the other posts and look for a community of like minded gamers. Whether that would be on this forum or on FB, I don't know.
FS22 on PC and Xbox One
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Daggerwin Fun For All (I think is the servername) is pretty good.
The mod/admin even tolerated the pulsing lag I was dealing with and it’s resulting pain.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

It sounds like you're taking multiplayer too seriously.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

FarmBoss wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:39 am It sounds like you're taking multiplayer too seriously.
That's real good psychology. Why don't you say something bad about my mother.

FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 4:18 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 11:39 am It sounds like you're taking multiplayer too seriously.
That's real good psychology. Why don't you say something bad about my mother.
I have nothing bad to say about your mother. She's the best yet.
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

I caught the Smokey and the Bandit reference.
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^did we just become best friends?