Tax signs with seasons

FarmerDan72

Tax signs with seasons

Post by FarmerDan72 »

For anyone who's interested, I did a little test with tax signs. I liked the idea of being able to add a little extra challenge/realism by using these signs to simulate whatever daily/monthly/yearly expense you want. Maybe just a basic food/family expense of $1000 per month, or a % yearly tax on property value, or whatever you can think of.

The mod description says they don't work right with seasons, and to use them for set up only. I did a little testing with them, and they appear to work the same as daily upkeep on placeables which is a per season property maintenance cost. Whatever tax sign total you place will be divided by your season length, and that will be added to your property maintenance cost.

So whatever daily charge you wanted, just multiply by season length, and that would be the sign total to place. For a monthly charge you would multiply by 3. Or if you wanted to add an annual tax, figure out the yearly number and divide by 4 seasons.

I only tested this for 4 days, as each day takes 12 minutes on the fastest 120x setting. But it was good enough for me. It makes sense anyway that it would work the same as other property maintenance. It just didn't occur to me.

I might be alone in the desire to find ways to charge myself more money, while many others are looking for ways to cheat money in. Or maybe I'm the only one who didn't already know this. But if you're like me, and you like the "extra hard economy" scenario, I hope this helped you.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've got a wheat field to set on fire for the extra challenge. LOL
PS4
ajFarmer

Re: Tax signs with seasons

Post by ajFarmer »

Thanks so much for the detailed write up about using the signs with seasons. I never thought of using because it stated non compatible with seasons and I was too lazy to test.

I use the Contractor mod because I love the Idea of having a permanent farm hand. I tried the Helper Advanced mod because I think it's nice to have to pay workers regardless if there doing anything or not, but it uses the visual vanilla helpers and I think it gets a little wonky with seasons.
I currently just use Easy Dev Controls mod to subtract the money, but you have to remember to do it at 24:00. This will make it simple and clean with Contractor mod. Make sure to set Seasons hourly helper pricing to 0 and all is good.

Thanks again
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

You know I don't think I have ever seen anyone volunteer to pay tax like ever...
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

ajFarmer wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:38 pm Thanks so much for the detailed write up about using the signs with seasons. I never thought of using because it stated non compatible with seasons and I was too lazy to test.

I use the Contractor mod because I love the Idea of having a permanent farm hand. I tried the Helper Advanced mod because I think it's nice to have to pay workers regardless if there doing anything or not, but it uses the visual vanilla helpers and I think it gets a little wonky with seasons.
I currently just use Easy Dev Controls mod to subtract the money, but you have to remember to do it at 24:00. This will make it simple and clean with Contractor mod. Make sure to set Seasons hourly helper pricing to 0 and all is good.

Thanks again
You're welcome. I hope it works for you. I'm not sure if it would be the same on any map, but I don't know why it wouldn't.
FarmerJohn89 wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 7:57 pm You know I don't think I have ever seen anyone volunteer to pay tax like ever...
Ha, yeah I figured most people weren't looking for new ways to pay taxes. It's just a way to simulate other expenses that the game doesn't account for if you're looking for a new challenge.
PS4