Vehicle Acceleration

tom1979

Vehicle Acceleration

Post by tom1979 »

Can anyone tell me how i can *reduce* acceleration speed for vehicles? No tractor in the world goes from 0-30 in a few seconds. I have had a play with the XMLs but nothing really makes any difference.

Many thanks,
DEERE317

Re: Vehicle Acceleration

Post by DEERE317 »

Depending on what you’re doing the Real Mass Mod impacts it pretty well when moving commodities/goods.
I imagine a tractor can do that acceleration, just wouldn’t be fun and I wouldn’t want to buy it used. Stopping I do have reason to believe is close though…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
AndOnTheDrums

Post by AndOnTheDrums »

Apologies if this isn’t relevant to your situation, but I use the side panel, along with a wheel and pedals. I use the cruise control wheel to slowly bring the tractor to speed. The wheels are a little more forgiving than the controller/buttons as well.
Procobator

Post by Procobator »

The vehicle control add on mod has a setting where you can change the acceleration and rpm increase/decrease speed.
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

tom1979 wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 5:11 pm ... No tractor in the world goes from 0-30 in a few seconds...
Well.. this one does I guess.

Joke aside, it's a lot different if you're playing with keyboard or wheel and pedals.
It's hard to have some connection with reality if you're pressing a button for throttle, as it is 0 or 1, no range in between, it's like you press the pedal all the way to the floor or release it. You wouldn't drive like that except in some special circumstances, but even then there is software in today's tractors to limit the torque to prevent damage to the transmission and driveline.

Maybe some early tractors didn't have a moving throttle but a blip-button (or whatever it's called) but I don't think even John Deeres newest lineup have that :biggrin2: