Hiring Players for Contract Work Help?

Deadeye

Hiring Players for Contract Work Help?

Post by Deadeye »

Hey all. I've not made many posts lately on this forum. Hope all you regulars are doing well.

My friend and I are playing on American Life Farming. We love it, and the freedom and possibilities it seems to bring. We decided we'd have a little competition for this map. We run separate farms, and are competing to see who can grow to be the biggest. I have cows, he doesn't, but wants to start raising cattle, and was working on stockpiling hay, silage, etc. Since he didn't have equipment to make hay, I decided I'd help him out by selling him some of my hay right off the field. My cattle operation is small, and I planned on selling some anyway. He brought his gooseneck trailer up to my farm, and I loaded him up with a few bales before he brought his tractor to come and load himself. Once he got there, he tried to load them, but was unable to do so. Figuring it had to be a field ownership issue, I gave him contractor status, and all was good. He can now move my bales as if they were his own. Here's the catch:

We don't like to run contractor status on unless we're actively working for one another. That means that we'll either A. have to enable contractor status every time he goes to feed his cattle, or option B. Leave contractor status on constantly, resulting in each of us tabbing through one another's vehicles constantly, or him just buying his own equipment for the intended purpose.

Are there any loopholes to this issue, or is it just a shortcoming of the game's design we'll have to accept?

Thanks in advance.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."- Benjamin Franklin
"Speak softly and carry a big stick; You will go far"- Theodore Roosevelt
“There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.” – Elie Wiesel
ajFarmer

Re: Hiring Players for Contract Work Help?

Post by ajFarmer »

I am not familiar with multiplayer to much, but could you use Contractor mod ? It disables tabbing to vehicles and only tabs between characters without affecting key binds. It works with Courseplay Follow me and vanilla hiring. You can add as many characters as you like in the xml. However its for PC/Mac only. Not sure if it works in multiplayer either. Just a thought.

Edit:It tabs between vehicles if a character is in it
Drmattymd

Re: Hiring Players for Contract Work Help?

Post by Drmattymd »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 12:20 am I am not familiar with multiplayer to much, but could you use Contractor mod ? It disables tabbing to vehicles and only tabs between characters without affecting key binds. It works with Courseplay Follow me and vanilla hiring. You can add as many characters as you like in the xml. However its for PC/Mac only. Not sure if it works in multiplayer either. Just a thought.

Edit:It tabs between vehicles if a character is in it
While that mod is amazing for single player and being able to simulate family or employees, it wont help with what hes trying to do and I dont think it works on multiplayer at all.
Playing on PC and PS4