What do you do when you get bored with a map/game?

SimpleFarmer

Re: What do you do when you get bored with a map/game?

Post by SimpleFarmer »

I have been taking a small break from FS19, but when I do play it, I play one day only, which is a 6 day season on 5x, and then go back into the house/sleep whether I want to keep playing or not, which keeps me coming back to the game. Starting to just play as if there is no ending result you're going for, and just using the equipment you have without trying to afford an upgrade all the time keeps you from cutting across fields and rushing anything. Kind of a full immersion type of gameplay everyone talks about.
I like what someone said earlier about multiplayer, which I have never really tried, but with someone who plays similar to myself it could be a lot of fun.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

cedricthecat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:21 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm Finding another hobby might help.
I do wood working, and sell it on FB Marketplace.
I do Android and IOS game development.
I am working on a Unity game that will hopefully be made available to all the platforms.
In between, I'll start a new FS game, cheat away all the money and start from scratch the real way.
Mostly my hobbies are computer based, developing Excel workbooks and posting on forums!

I recently started a general discussion forum, which took a lot of my time as it started to attract members, and as I added features and styles, but now it's settled down it more or less looks after itself, so of course I've returned to FS19!

Wish I could get ideas on developing apps or games. Money to be made?
What's you're general discussion forum about, FS or something else lol
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

cedricthecat wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:00 pm
Dairydeere wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 pm 1) Try to make a mod or map. Currently in this stage right now as I want to wrap up a project before FS22 hits
2) Try and do a one off challenge in a new savegame, i.e. special transport across a map, custom harvest, playing with mods in a fresh savegame
3) Play a different game. This could range from American Truck Simulator to MudRunner to any other free game that takes my fancy
I'd love to have the equipment to make a map! I've got shed loads of ideas for this, but as I play on PS4, I can't do anything with them :(
I would be bored and not playing at all if I havent had accsess to editor and modding. For me modding is almost as important as gameplay. Get a PC if you can, its really worth it imo *thumbsup*
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I'm trying to learn Blender but I've got stuck on texturing -- not helped by the big change in approach from v2.7x to 2.9x -- perseverance!
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 pm
cedricthecat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:21 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm Finding another hobby might help.
I do wood working, and sell it on FB Marketplace.
I do Android and IOS game development.
I am working on a Unity game that will hopefully be made available to all the platforms.
In between, I'll start a new FS game, cheat away all the money and start from scratch the real way.
Mostly my hobbies are computer based, developing Excel workbooks and posting on forums!

I recently started a general discussion forum, which took a lot of my time as it started to attract members, and as I added features and styles, but now it's settled down it more or less looks after itself, so of course I've returned to FS19!

Wish I could get ideas on developing apps or games. Money to be made?
What's you're general discussion forum about, FS or something else lol
Sorry, only just seen this (my notifications were going into spam :( )

It's basically about... anything :)
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
teepee

Post by teepee »

Hi, in Sussex Farms do you know what should be delivered to the Pure Water plant?
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

I'm not sure I should be saying in a public forum what I do when I am alone and bored!!
JohnDeere77

Post by JohnDeere77 »

Do u get bored by a map? Im on my 22th season, going from nothing to 40ha of grainfields and 20ish grassfields. Total lands of 90ha.
Plays on pc, hardmode and loves grinding
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

JohnDeere77 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 11:33 am Do u get bored by a map? Im on my 22th season, going from nothing to 40ha of grainfields and 20ish grassfields. Total lands of 90ha.
I think it's when you done everything you planned to do, and have run out of "when I've finished this, I'll just do that, followed by" ideas.

To be fair, I reckon this is down to my playing style, making things too easy for myself with huge equipment and lots of it! This is why I've just started on Glazebrook and taken a different approach. I've sold all the starting equipment and bought just a couple of my favourite machines, and then everything else I'm hiring when I need it. Also, I'm using much smaller equipment and taking my time :D
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net