What do you do when you get bored with a map/game?

cedricthecat

Re: What do you do when you get bored with a map/game?

Post by cedricthecat »

FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm Finding another hobby might help.
I do wood working, and sell it on FB Marketplace.
I do Android and IOS game development.
I am working on a Unity game that will hopefully be made available to all the platforms.
In between, I'll start a new FS game, cheat away all the money and start from scratch the real way.
Mostly my hobbies are computer based, developing Excel workbooks and posting on forums!

I recently started a general discussion forum, which took a lot of my time as it started to attract members, and as I added features and styles, but now it's settled down it more or less looks after itself, so of course I've returned to FS19!

Wish I could get ideas on developing apps or games. Money to be made?
Played FS2013 and FS15 on PS3
Playing FS17, FS19 and now FS22 on PS4
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I take a 1 week or 2 week totally vacation from Farm Sim. I play other totally unrelated games and other genres. I don't worry about video recording, editing, rendering. I don't do any livestreams. I totally disconnected and usually find after a week or two weeks I'm refreshed and ready to get back to work again.

Typically I will probably at that point also look and see whether my map and save game need to be retired and a new one started to get my interest peaked again and my hunger back. I might even look at my MP server and see if it's time to change to a new map and mod list on there too, to further keep variety and spice things back up.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Play at a slow pace. You'll never "finish" the game so to speak. I've only truly played three maps so far, and have only used about a quarter of the toys/mods I have wanted to use. That way, It should last me a long way into the PS22 cycle until alot of good mods come out and I buy the game.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I park a bunch of **** in front of the train at some sort of pinch point like a tunnel then sit in one of the soon to be annihilated machines and watch as the chaos ensues.
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm I park a bunch of **** in front of the train at some sort of pinch point like a tunnel then sit in one of the soon to be annihilated machines and watch as the chaos ensues.
This is perhaps the funniest post I have ever read :lol:
Speaking of trains try to (run)ride on flatbed car all the way around a map
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ajFarmer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:22 pm
Mwal wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 9:01 pm I park a bunch of **** in front of the train at some sort of pinch point like a tunnel then sit in one of the soon to be annihilated machines and watch as the chaos ensues.
This is perhaps the funniest post I have ever read :lol:
Speaking of trains try to (run)ride on flatbed car all the way around a map
Use the strapable weight pack and get a Quatrac, use the 3pt attacher attachment on the front for the weight and then hook a seed hawk (or Bourgalt if you have it) then strap the weight to the back of the flat car. Unfold everything and hop in the train.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I had the frame rate at like 1 frame every two seconds trying this a while back. I felt like one of those Big bud's I had in the chaos would have taken Bezos to the moon.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

^^ I'd pretty much forgotten about trains! Other than on Felsbrunn where I had some grain in it, so that it never started moving on it's own, none of the other maps I've been playing even have trains!
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
ajFarmer

Post by ajFarmer »

You could try Griffin Indiana 19, It has super long train that drives on its own and pretty psychedelic when you drive it off the map. I heard it's a decent map.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ajFarmer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:14 am You could try Griffin Indiana 19, It has super long train that drives on its own and pretty psychedelic when you drive it off the map. I heard it's a decent map.
100% not biased :lol:
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:15 pm
I had the frame rate at like 1 frame every two seconds trying this a while back. I felt like one of those Big bud's I had in the chaos would have taken Bezos to the moon.
It’s pretty funny how stuff stretched and got messed up then just exploded haha, I buried some stuff with the landscaping tool as a joke to post here once too and on the following load up of that save I was greeted with a good minute of what I could only describe as one frame per ten seconds and as I wandered around after it came back to somewhat normal I came upon what looked like a malfunctioning transformer, it was a massive pile of John Deere equipment with 20 9rxs on top hahaha.
ajFarmer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:14 am You could try Griffin Indiana 19, It has super long train that drives on its own and pretty psychedelic when you drive it off the map. I heard it's a decent map.
😂
JayC

Post by JayC »

When I get bored of a map I usually try to find a new one. I like to run certain themes on my farm, so before I start a new map I have to visualize what kind of farm I want on it. If I don't, then I will never get on with the map and usually just end up scrapping it before too long.

If I get bored of the game, I can become burnt out. That happened to me in FS17. Lone Oak was the last map I played on it, and after doing a harvest of sugarbeet I was just done. I got burnt out hard. I stopped following anything Farm Sim related and just completely shut off from it. I couldn't care less about FS19 when it was released. To this day I haven't even played on Ravenport or Felsbrun. I didn't start playing FS19 until Marwell Manor came along. To avoid a repeat of FS17, I've been taking it a lot easier with FS19. I play it in spurts, if I play single player at all. However, I think I'm pretty much done with Farm Sim single player. At least in FS19. We'll see what FS22 holds. I play multiplayer pretty much exclusively now with a really good friend. Because of that I still enjoy FS19 very much. We've put a ton of time into the PC version of Bucks Co. and have now also started a game on American Life Farming. Playing Farm Sim with someone else changes the experience drastically. It's not such a lonely experience anymore, or rushing around to do this and that. The dynamic is just completely different.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

1) Try to make a mod or map. Currently in this stage right now as I want to wrap up a project before FS22 hits
2) Try and do a one off challenge in a new savegame, i.e. special transport across a map, custom harvest, playing with mods in a fresh savegame
3) Play a different game. This could range from American Truck Simulator to MudRunner to any other free game that takes my fancy
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
cedricthecat

Post by cedricthecat »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:14 pm 1) Try to make a mod or map. Currently in this stage right now as I want to wrap up a project before FS22 hits
2) Try and do a one off challenge in a new savegame, i.e. special transport across a map, custom harvest, playing with mods in a fresh savegame
3) Play a different game. This could range from American Truck Simulator to MudRunner to any other free game that takes my fancy
I'd love to have the equipment to make a map! I've got shed loads of ideas for this, but as I play on PS4, I can't do anything with them :(
Playing FS22 on PC
//www.natterzone.net
fright01

Post by fright01 »

cedricthecat wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:21 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 5:00 pm Finding another hobby might help.
I do wood working, and sell it on FB Marketplace.
I do Android and IOS game development.
I am working on a Unity game that will hopefully be made available to all the platforms.
In between, I'll start a new FS game, cheat away all the money and start from scratch the real way.
Mostly my hobbies are computer based, developing Excel workbooks and posting on forums!

I recently started a general discussion forum, which took a lot of my time as it started to attract members, and as I added features and styles, but now it's settled down it more or less looks after itself, so of course I've returned to FS19!

Wish I could get ideas on developing apps or games. Money to be made?
Go outside. Smell the roses. Love yourself.