precision farming addon

havatya123

precision farming addon

Post by havatya123 »

just come back on now on map precision farming dlc installed also addon now precision farming addon dosent work anymore cant get geologist to come up on screen anymore anyone got any ideas ? thanks
tuscarora

Re: precision farming addon

Post by tuscarora »

same here i am playing griffin indiana
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

It sounds like it needs to be updated, multiple people have said here they have the same issue
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Wonder if it's a Mod Conflict issue as I'm running Precision Farming and the Precision Farming Addon and not have issues get the Geologist to come and sample my fields, to save me doing it with the scout. Have you installed any new mods since the last updates for both Precision Farming and Precision Farming Addon released? If so have you tried as a test to disable those mods and then see if Precision Farming works again? That would confirm a conflict, it would also give you a list of mods that would be helpful to see so people might be able to say which might mess with and screw up Precision Farming or the Addon.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
greenbelt

Post by greenbelt »

I had the same problem when I started a new mod folder from scratch. I could not get the little box asking if I wanted to Hire the Geologist. Luckily I kept the old mods folder, so I just moved the older version of Precision Farming and Precision Farming Addon.
Kanadatsi

Post by Kanadatsi »

Hi havatya123,

I had the same problem with not being able to hire a geologist to scan fields. Luckily, I was able to find a solution on the mod author's GitHub site that has worked for me. The problem appears to be a "disconnect" between this mod and the base Precision Farming DLC arising from the recent update. Basically, the fix involves using a text editor (e.g., Notepad++) to modify one line in the PrecisionFarmingAddon.lua in order to update a reference to the Precision Farming version number to 1.0.2.1 (the most recent one). Instructions can be found in a response to Issue #9 on Royal Modding's GitHub (https://github.com/Royal-Modding/FS19_P ... n/issues/9). Although the comment is in German, the screen shot is pretty clear about what line needs to be changed.

Good luck -- hopefully you will soon be able to hire that geologist again.
coleislazy

Post by coleislazy »

the add on has a built-in check to make sure it matches the version of precision farming, and the add on has not been updated since precision farming was. you can manually change a line to work around, though.

open the zip containing the add on, open PrecisionFarmingAddon.lua with a text editor like Notepad, then find the required version line and change it like so:

requiredVersion = "1.0.2.1"

depending on your system and software used, you may need to extract that lua file to another location, then edit it, then add it back to the zip, or you may just be able to edit and save it in place. i hope this helps!