FS22 Animals and Seasons

muzickmage

FS22 Animals and Seasons

Post by muzickmage »

Ok, see now, I definately have to learn more about what they did to the animals lol.

Giants said:
...... 1 year equals 12 months.
...... 1 in-game day equals 1 month.

That means that 1 season equals 3 in-game days.

Giants also said:
...... you have to plan ahead if animal husbandry is part of your farming operation. Store enough food for the winter.

I'm wondering why. In FS19 a full troth of food lasts the animals for 6 days. That's 2 seasons worth of food for FS22. So what's different? Are the troths smaller? Do the animals eat more/ or faster?

The math doesn't make sense to me yet.
DEERE317

Re: FS22 Animals and Seasons

Post by DEERE317 »

muzickmage wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 10:40 pm Ok, see now, I definately have to learn more about what they did to the animals lol.

Giants said:
...... 1 year equals 12 months.
...... 1 in-game day equals 1 month.

That means that 1 season equals 3 in-game days.

Giants also said:
...... you have to plan ahead if animal husbandry is part of your farming operation. Store enough food for the winter.

I'm wondering why. In FS19 a full troth of food lasts the animals for 6 days. That's 2 seasons worth of food for FS22. So what's different? Are the troths smaller? Do the animals eat more/ or faster?

The math doesn't make sense to me yet.
Seasons mod makes troughs last 2 days (have to feed daily to not run them empty) so I imagine it’s similar for FS22
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

You must not play with seasons. Irl you don't want to over feed the animals. You should be feeding them every day and this replicates that.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Daily feeding would make it more interesting. Having a troth last 6 days isn't very realistic.

And no, I don't use the season's mod. I did for fs17 for a short time. I forgot about the changes in feeding time implemented by the seasons' mod.