FarmCon 21

FarmerLee73

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Anyone else intrigued about AI helper "menu"?
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I wondering if maybe the AI Helper Menu is going to offer us a bit more functionality and control over the in game Helpers. I'm think maybe bringing in some elements we've seen from mods such as AI Extension, Auto Drive, Courseplay etc where we can maybe change a few settings regarding a given task or a field before setting the helpers off to do the work. Options such as choosing whether a helper should do a headland on a field and how many for example, which would definitely help players and the helpers working with the irregular and natural fields that Giants are going for in the base game maps this year.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm The rest of us who have been playing Farm Sim for years can see the improvements that have gone into FS22 from FS19 and FS17 and FS15 etc. So whilst some people might be disappointed by what Giants has shown this week, for us long time players we can see how much of an all round overhaul they have given to game.
I've been playing farm sim since fs2009 came out, and yes there are some improvements compared fs19, but that's not enough for me. They finally introduced seasons, but what i've seen and heard so far, they kinda managed to mess that up to. I don't want 3 day seasons, i want 9 or 12 or 24. They haven't even given that choice. What i do like is, looks like they finally fixed placing placeables so it won't f'up ground anymore and the building sits nicely on the ground not half of it underground and other half in the top of the mountain. Other things, atleast for me, are just natural progression and i've already got 6 games worth of these, i don't want evolution, i want revolution.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I’m sure you could get your revolution by sending a check with a nice number of zeroes to GIANTS.

I’m still mildly excited and planning on pre ordering at some point as I so far am liking the improvements/changes (well minus my questioning of their Seasonal Cycles, hopefully if nothing else Realismus will have a solution in a few months)
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

nah, I just have higher expectations from a series that's already been out for 13 years.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm 8--< snip 8--<
The only other thing that I was still a bit sad to see during the whole placeable, terrain sculpting, terrain painting demo that nowhere on screen or in the help menu did there seem to be an undo button anywhere. Even when they exited out of the build menu I'm surprised there wasn't some pop-up on the screen to ask the player to confirm and save their changes or cancel and undo what they had done. So for the players asking for an Undo option in the terrain and building system, that still sadly doesn't seem to be present.
That was answered in the Q&A in the video: "No, there will be no undo for build mode."
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 7:36 pm
cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pm 8--< snip 8--<
The only other thing that I was still a bit sad to see during the whole placeable, terrain sculpting, terrain painting demo that nowhere on screen or in the help menu did there seem to be an undo button anywhere. Even when they exited out of the build menu I'm surprised there wasn't some pop-up on the screen to ask the player to confirm and save their changes or cancel and undo what they had done. So for the players asking for an Undo option in the terrain and building system, that still sadly doesn't seem to be present.
That was answered in the Q&A in the video: "No, there will be no undo for build mode."
*thumbsdown* :frown: :sadnew:
Can we atleast hope for some part of savegame revert system (besides the savegame backup folder for PC)? Or at the minimum if they have tutorials backed into the game have them give the disable auto save lesson.
Also I hope we have the benchmark option from FS15 back.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Eische

Post by Eische »

As far as I saw it, you can now create slopes with any angle. So it is much easier to revert the unwanted changes.
For sure, an undo function would have been really great.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Eische wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:46 pm As far as I saw it, you can now create slopes with any angle. So it is much easier to revert the unwanted changes.
For sure, an undo function would have been really great.
Little happier then as slopes/ramps are pains currently.
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

It really surprises me how badly the 12 day seasons thing has gone down. The thought of having to spend 144 hours to achieve a single harvest is a ridiculous amount of time to invest but yet there must be at least a dozen people demanding it be 2,4 or even 8 times longer!
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but how many years do you think trees will take to grow? I'm thinking maybe 3.
I do agree Kenny killed it with his hosting skills.
I think the new fencing mode is my favourite new feature. The amount of time I wasted trying to get a fence straight and not half in the ground and half above it. Can't wait to get all those fields fenced off 😁.
And I hope the delete buildings features let you delete buildings that are on the basemap nothing worse than buying a field and trying to expand it just to be stopped by a random building in the middle of what would of been a good field.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

The new sounds are amazing. So much better and a much overdue overhaul. I do really like how, in the wake of them not much upgrading the graphics, they've upgraded everything else instead. I just wish they would tone down some of those over saturated colours though. Fair enough keep vehicles bright shiny and colourful but the rest of the landscape doesn't need to be. A field of wheat doesn't need to be as colourful as a combine harvester. If you watch that Farm Con clip of them harvesting wheat with the New Holland combine the field has pretty much the same level of colour saturation as the combine itself. Its such a big contributor to have bad it all looks. It reminds me of the colour pallet of the Simpsons cartoons.

Its why I'm optimistic that modders might be able to do something with it. At least they can alter the foliage colour. Why Giants aren't I don't know. It just doesn't all need be so vivid.
squerble

Post by squerble »

Very impressed with what I've seen so far. I had expectations of small evolutions so I'm not at all disappointed - certainly enough that I'll pre-order over the coming days.

I'm hoping to see two small-ish Quality-of-Life improvements in FS22 though - the "solid" radiator grilles all being made into the proper mesh they are like on the newer Claas and JD models; and finish adding in the proper hoses and wire connections for all trailers and implements. There's still a few in the vanilla game which don't have connections.

I must say I'm very excited to see the equipment list! Hoping to see Claas expanded to include more implements, and the newer MFs from the screenshots are a welcome addition too!
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

That JD 7810 with Gear options is 10 points.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:00 am It really surprises me how badly the 12 day seasons thing has gone down. The thought of having to spend 144 hours to achieve a single harvest is a ridiculous amount of time to invest but yet there must be at least a dozen people demanding it be 2,4 or even 8 times longer!
I don't think anyone mentioned it yet but how many years do you think trees will take to grow? I'm thinking maybe 3.
I do agree Kenny killed it with his hosting skills.
I think the new fencing mode is my favourite new feature. The amount of time I wasted trying to get a fence straight and not half in the ground and half above it. Can't wait to get all those fields fenced off 😁.
And I hope the delete buildings features let you delete buildings that are on the basemap nothing worse than buying a field and trying to expand it just to be stopped by a random building in the middle of what would of been a good field.
Most like playing at something faster than 1x and most skip the night, decent chunk of winter also gets skipped, along with weather being uncooperative makes that 144 ingame hours more like 50-60hrs, decide by 5 (5x) and it’s 10-12hrs of play time actually working crops, or under half the time I take to harvest with 2 S780 combines currently.
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

Minimum seasons length ingame hours is 288 for a year