FarmCon 21

blue_painted

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by blue_painted »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:02 am
Mobias wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm
BulletBill wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:55 am
I would like to think this proves nagging works... :lol:
Oh good in that case can I start nagging you to remake Coldborough Park Farm for FS22? :lol:
Due to old gen consoles limitations and compatibility, as well as the fact it can't include the all "important" US spec signs, we are unable to make Coldborough Park Farm map for Farm Sim anymore. :lol:
Not to mention the trees .... :biggrin2:
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Hallers

Post by Hallers »

blue_painted wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:57 am
BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:02 am
Mobias wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm

Oh good in that case can I start nagging you to remake Coldborough Park Farm for FS22? :lol:
Due to old gen consoles limitations and compatibility, as well as the fact it can't include the all "important" US spec signs, we are unable to make Coldborough Park Farm map for Farm Sim anymore. :lol:
Not to mention the trees .... :biggrin2:
We`ll have to settle with The West Coast map then :biggrin2:
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

In all seriousness, map converts really need to stop. Unless your rebuilding the entire map from scratch again, all your doing is converting previous mistakes.

Maps for Fs22 should be new and built to work with the new game. It's just better on every level.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Hellas Farmer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:56 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:22 am
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 am So just speculation? No thanks. I’ve heard this song and dance before. The 8r on FS19 was NA spec as well according to the hype.
Not speculation cold hard trailer footage. (And TBF the 8R in the cinematic was EU)
Edit:
Massey 5S looks to not have an SMV
Case IH AFS Connect Magnum starting around 1:20 has SMV and Marker/Flasher Arms
X9 Looks to be in US/CA Spec
1167 MT doesn’t have the EU placards but don’t have a good shot the the rear to tell if there’s an SMV
https://youtu.be/tgv3RzTaxQM
They have said that (and it is always the case with such things) that the cinematic trailer is there to tell a story and it is not accurate.
It was stated in a QnA part with Kenny & Lars when someone asked if something in the trailer would be in the game.

So don't take anything in the trailer for granted, leave it to the release..
Dangit Deere won’t be in the game…
And why would they make a tractor model only for the trailer? From what I can tell they use the ingame equipment models for the cinematic.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm In all seriousness, map converts really need to stop. Unless your rebuilding the entire map from scratch again, all your doing is converting previous mistakes.

Maps for Fs22 should be new and built to work with the new game. It's just better on every level.
As a non modder, but graphic artist, I agree with this. A lot of my 17 faves that were converted to 19 just don’t look right to me. In fact they look incomplete if that makes sense. And the limitations of 19 are really brought into the spotlight from maps originally made on 17 and brought to 19. I’m not a modder by any means, but I see things graphically that a lot of people just don’t notice.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:36 pm
BulletBill wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:08 pm In all seriousness, map converts really need to stop. Unless your rebuilding the entire map from scratch again, all your doing is converting previous mistakes.

As a non modder, but graphic artist, I agree with this. A lot of my 17 faves that were converted to 19 just don’t look right to me. In fact they look incomplete if that makes sense. And the limitations of 19 are really brought into the spotlight from maps originally made on 17 and brought to 19. I’m not a modder by any means, but I see things graphically that a lot of people just don’t notice.
I agree too (or three :))

There have been a couple of conversions recently that I visit for old times sake, but for various reasons they aren't maps that I want to play long-term games on.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Lone Oak is good, but definitely is a little more plastic/uniform in FS19 than the videos and photos I’ve seen from FS17.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

There are a couple of simple reasons the maps look better in FS17,

Modders had more freedom with terrain painting (mixing/blending textures) and lighting than in FS19 and unless things change for FS19 then plastic/uniform will rule.

On another note, its nice to see that they have gone back to the FS13 way of dealing with combine chopper/dust effects by reimplemeting particle systems instead of the block mesh currently used in FS19.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

My thoughts exactly BB. A completely new version of CPF would be amazing and you're just the man to do it. I had a great idea that you could use the production chains thingy to put together all the ingredients necessary for a delicious ploughman's lunch. Perfect for Herefordshire.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

But Bill you're a great modder, I'm sure a map rebuild from youreself would be a heck of a lot better. :wink3: *thumbsup*
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

I felt that if I played a lot on a map in the pervious version I didn't really have a want to play on it again.
Mrg already said he isn't converting any of his maps over. He wants to make elkader 16x, but the rest make new.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 am So I watched FarmCon 21 part 1 and have to say I feel very deflated, thus far I have not seen anything "game changing" from FS19, as it stands FS22 seems to be FS19 with a new coat of paint. I hope I am very wrong about this and of course I will still play and no doubt enjoy FS22.

Am I wrong about this? Please tell me I am missing something!! :hmm:
I'm very critical when it comes to visuals in games as I used to be a game artist so my biggest issue so far what I see is that graphically I don't think much will change and as devs said that they cannot use other engines like unreal because those are not deigned for the mechanics of farming...so I guess I just have to accept the fact that this game will look like the way it looks for a long time to come.
Bersson

Post by Bersson »

hun3 wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:15 pm
FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 am So I watched FarmCon 21 part 1 and have to say I feel very deflated, thus far I have not seen anything "game changing" from FS19, as it stands FS22 seems to be FS19 with a new coat of paint. I hope I am very wrong about this and of course I will still play and no doubt enjoy FS22.

I'm very critical when it comes to visuals in games as I used to be a game artist so my biggest issue so far what I see is that graphically I don't think much will change and as devs said that they cannot use other engines like unreal because those are not deigned for the mechanics of farming...so I guess I just have to accept the fact that this game will look like the way it looks for a long time to come.
I believe I’ve read statements on how Giants’ primary focus for FS22 has been optimization, like the implementation of occlusion culling. I hope this means that the groundwork has been done for significant graphical improvement in the future.

Because I tend to agree with you. I think the FS series has plenty of room for graphical improvements, especially regarding how the environment looks.

While playing FS19, I sometimes tell myself, “Dang! Giants is getting really good at creating machinery! Now, if they only could ramp up the environment...”

I’ve seen Forza Horizon 4 mentioned a couple of times on this forum. That game was released just a couple of months before FS19. It’s also a sandbox game, at least in some ways, with aesthetics that are miles ahead of “our” hero...

The landscape, forests, and foliage in FH4 look so stunning, not to mention the fields. One apparent reason why the FH4 environment looks so good is, of course, the almost 100 environment artists that worked on it. I’m pretty sure more talents are a better answer over the type of engine being used. So, here’s to hoping FS22 breaks all previous sales records so that Giants can hire plenty more environment and foliage artists for the next game *thumbsup*
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

As much as I like how the new lighting casts shadows, I cannot stand other aspects. FS17 lighting better suits the feeling of being immersed in the game, and the graphical shortcomings were less noticable on 17 as well.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
hun3

Post by hun3 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:57 pm

As much as I like how the new lighting casts shadows, I cannot stand other aspects. FS17 lighting better suits the feeling of being immersed in the game, and the graphical shortcomings were less noticable on 17 as well.
I agree with you. Now I must add and when I complain about graphics I strictly mean environment....the machines are absolutely spot on and I would go as far as no modders can even reach Giants 3d models. If they could just bring up the level of the World to that level.

All that said...I will buy it anyway....I am a long time farm sim wphore :)