FarmCon 21

chedly_farms

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm right there with you on machinery and tractors. The modders have been doing a fantastic job making equipment. Also, I want to add that a few maps are really, really good even with the enviroment limitations. Osina, Marwell, Le Petit Ouest, and Griffin are maps that I can play and feel "immersed" in. I'll be holding off on the new game purchase, just because I'm enjoying what's at my fingertips (modwise) on console at the moment. Mods make the game. And I remember very much how much of a setback it was going from 17 to 19 upon release.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

I wouldn’t even say how they handle rendering the environment is bad, just the color/lighting settings are way to bright in both saturation/color palette and light levels (especially at night)
Basically set it up like Seasons mod does and it’s pretty dang good.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:57 pm I cannot stand other aspects. FS17 lighting better suits the feeling of being immersed in the game, and the graphical shortcomings were less noticable on 17 as well.
Plus one 17 just felt right for me especially so when using seasons.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Did anyone catch the preview of OxygenDavid's Calmsden Farm map? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_igkSFmWk6k&t=1209s

Hopefully its the case that its not worth getting too caught up in the FS22 over saturated colours looking like a Simpsons cartoon because the better map modders out there will at least be able to dial things back and get it looking far more realistic. If Calmsden Farm looks as good as it does running on FS19 think how good it will look in FS22.

I've still no idea why Giants don't do this themselves to the vanilla game. The environment would look so much better right from launch.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I have heard that GIANTS have taken onboard the feedback about the over saturation of Fs22 and that in the latest build of the game it is much more natural.

What we saw at FarmCon and the recent Claas combine pics are from the old build of the game.

Hopefully we will get to see what the improvements look like soon.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Sounds good
Ignorance is bliss
Kim123

Post by Kim123 »

you are not thinking wrong about your decision, because now it is quite difficult play the game changing role positively.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:24 pm I have heard that GIANTS have taken onboard the feedback about the over saturation of Fs22 and that in the latest build of the game it is much more natural.

What we saw at FarmCon and the recent Claas combine pics are from the old build of the game.

Hopefully we will get to see what the improvements look like soon.
We can but hope as I'm fed up of having to wear sunglasses whilst playing 19 :mrgreen:
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

BulletBill wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:24 pm I have heard that GIANTS have taken onboard the feedback about the over saturation of Fs22 and that in the latest build of the game it is much more natural.
Thats great news indeed BB. I'm fine with machinery being nice and colourful but the environment needs to be a bit more muted. I'm keen to see what other weather effects we're going to see. Hopefully there's proper cloudy weather (realistic to here in the UK after all) and less harsh lighting when it is cloudy.

In the past including with FS19 having cloudy weather made little difference to the lighting. There were still hard shadows even when no direct sunlight. I'm hoping there's less of that.
Stegei
GIANTS Software | CTO

Post by Stegei »

As with FS19, every map in FS22 can tune the color grading individually. So the overall coloring of a mod map is fully up to the modder.
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Stegei wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:10 pm As with FS19, every map in FS22 can tune the color grading individually. So the overall coloring of a mod map is fully up to the modder.
That's even better news... thanks for that info Stefan. *thumbsup*
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU