FarmCon 21

IceUul

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by IceUul »

After watching all 3 days at live. I like new features, all of them. They look good, but really want to see them how they are in final game.
But i really hoped more for 3 years of development, kinda looks like 2 year work here. And visual things that most annoyed me in FS19, so far... not changed at all.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

One thing I would have loved to have seen them mention, and probably would have helped having the question sent to them. When they were talking about the Headers yesterday, and that headers now auto-height adjust for the terrain, and some of the headers if their real life counterparts have it will also have an auto-tilting function for better terrain following and management. I would have loved to have heard whether in FS22 Giants have extended the mechanic they introduced with Claas DLC in FS19, where headers when placed on header trailers will then self align and lock themselves in place, so no more losing headers whilst traveling round the map, or headers and trailers having the crazy physics explosions when driving. I real hope in FS22 Giants have added self aligning and lock headers to all headers and trailers and combinations of. I also hope they expanded it beyond just Combines and that also Sugar Beet and Potato harvesters with detachable headers, have headers that self align and lock in place on their trailers for transport. I know this for many people is such a small tiny little thing, but I think it'd been really nice to see this extended beyond the Claas DLC to all headers and trailers across the whole game.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I was just watching the video of today's Farmcon on Youtube - at about 52:47 it *sounds like* GIANTS might be reconsidering the 3 day seasons ... "We're definitely trying to see what we can do about it ... There might still be some changes..." :) ... but "...post-launch and via mods or something ..."

We'll just have to see.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:04 am I was just watching the video of today's Farmcon on Youtube - at about 52:47 it *sounds like* GIANTS might be reconsidering the 3 day seasons ... "We're definitely trying to see what we can do about it ... There might still be some changes..." :) ... but "...post-launch and via mods or something ..."

We'll just have to see.
By mod would make sense, they’ve already thrown a bunch of stuff at everyone, especially non enthusiast players and it would be just another toggle to make it more confusing.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

cwattyeso wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:31 pmI would have loved to have heard whether in FS22 Giants have extended the mechanic they introduced with Claas DLC in FS19, where headers when placed on header trailers will then self align and lock themselves in place, so no more losing headers whilst traveling round the map, or headers and trailers having the crazy physics explosions when driving.
Just to confirm something there. While the Claas headers do lock in place and won't fall off of their own accord, they can still be knocked off through contact with a solid object or, usually in my case, a hedge with bale collisions on.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

blue_painted wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:04 am I was just watching the video of today's Farmcon on Youtube - at about 52:47 it *sounds like* GIANTS might be reconsidering the 3 day seasons ... "We're definitely trying to see what we can do about it ... There might still be some changes..." :) ... but "...post-launch and via mods or something ..."

We'll just have to see.
Thank god there at least thinking about it, I really had no idea how I was going to play the game
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Well, we will be getting a Season Pass.
Even for PC players this time
Ignorance is bliss
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Sounds are great, but am I the only one a little disappointed to have not seen an "undo" feature in landscaping tool or did I miss it?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 4:10 am Sounds are great, but am I the only one a little disappointed to have not seen an "undo" feature in landscaping tool or did I miss it?
They said "No, it's not there" because of how many states they need to keep track of and would have to rewind. I'd say a reasonable half-way house would be to offer a save as you go into build-mode, disable the auto-save while in build-mode and then offer a revert when you finish build-mode.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

3day seasons on 1x time its going to be a norm for me otherwise i wont be able to complete all of the tasks i want. I hope somene will make a mod that you can change seasons length
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:51 pm Hey guys it’s ok though you can bake cakes. I guess this is where bulletbill says I told you so
At least with productions they seem to have been made optional, so you don't HAVE to do them if your not interested.

Saying that I was actually impressed with how they had added them to the game.

After day 3 I couldn't get over how much work they've put into the audio side of the game.

I was staggered by how detailed the sound effects are now...

From the more in depth engine and exhaust independent sounds, down to the clatter and squeaks of your seat suspension, gearstick, and wipers in cab.

Engine sounds react dynamically to load, and terrain, add to that already excellent gearbox feature, tractors will actually sound like real tractors, finally.

Having the audio done right is a massive step for me, it changes how much you feel immersed in the game. Even small tasks like moving your tractor around a yard become interesting.

If anyone hasn't watched the sound presentation I would recommend you do.

Hats off to the Sound team at GIANTS, you've outdone yourself this time round.

Also I agree with the comments earlier about how well "Kenny" comes across on camera. Public speaking and presentation is not an easy thing to do (speaking from experience.)

Kenny and Lars duo made for a really nice way to chat and present the game.

I would like to think this proves nagging works... :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
vovovo

Post by vovovo »

what i have seen so far, it's just a fined tuned FS19, not so hyped anymore. On the positive side, i don't have to count days till november now :D
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

vovovo wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:12 am what i have seen so far, it's just a fined tuned FS19, not so hyped anymore. On the positive side, i don't have to count days till november now :D
That was inevitable given the same ancient hardware has to be supported due to new console shortages and a global pandemic (in a way that's a good thing given the GPU shortage for PCs too).

There are still some areas of concern - notably the oft-discussed seasonal length options and lack of MTA - while we've not seen any bale or pallet physics yet (only a pallet already on a forklift), or windrows since some concerns were raised about the size of them.

Terrain is still the weakest part of the game. POM should give good detail to soil on systems which can support it, while the different straw on cultivated ground is a nice addition, though it looks flat compared to more furrowed ground, while stubble is still lacking any density (perhaps a necessary evil in the latter's case).

In terms of the game and graphics engine it is essentially FS19.5 outwardly, but for me the changes they have made suggest a much more rounded game. The environment, while not perfect, is more balanced and the sky looks better than FS19, though of course can't rival FS17's static skies for detail.

The audio is on another level - I'm completely blown away by what we've heard so far - miles ahead of my expectations. I suspect the tractor sounds themselves are what GIANTS had in mind for FS19, but for whatever reason (time mainly I suspect) they couldn't deliver which is why we ended up with the poor and bland stripped back system we did. It's a completely different beast with FS22 and the additional equipment sounds are the cherry on top.

I was impressed with the placeable system too - there look to be a lot of functional and decorate buildings as well as being able to separate fields and areas using fences and hedges. Time will tell whether they've improved the ability to place in close confines or overlap buildings and things.

We're yet to see the details of how animal pastures are constructed (can we build our own in game with fences and other items or are they pre-made?), but they do apparently conform to the terrain now rather than flatten it out.

Thus far though, from what we have seen, the game exceeds my rather modest expectations. I'm still not committing (I'm in no hurry to pre-order) but things are moving in the right direction while they continue to listen to our feedback.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Yeah my overall feelings from Farm Con are that Giants have made many improvements to smaller parts of the game this time round rather then focusing on one or two huge new features. Whilst obviously the people looking for some huge new addition to the game are disappointed by what has been shown, or those players looking for something completely new entirely. The rest of us who have been playing Farm Sim for years can see the improvements that have gone into FS22 from FS19 and FS17 and FS15 etc. So whilst some people might be disappointed by what Giants has shown this week, for us long time players we can see how much of an all round overhaul they have given to game.

Immediately after watching lasts nights Farm Con stream, when I hopped back into FS19, the first thing straight away I became aware of was the sound, and once I heard it I couldn't un-hear it. The new sounds in FS22 are so much better then what we've had previously in the series.

The changes to the placeable and terrain system look very good. Definitely they have put work into refining and improving that mechanic. We know the terrain system and a very last minute addition to FS19 and didn't come to the game until a couple of patches in. So clearly Giants have had more time to work on this for FS22. What I did find a little strange though during the demo, when they sold off the shed they'd placed and then showed how to remove the concrete foundations left behind. That in FS22 the grass is now separate from the underlying or base texture. In the demo they painted over the concrete with a rather flat looking grass texture, which in FS19 would have been the base for the growable grass to then spring from. However in FS22 they then had to switch to decorations and apply the actual grass to the painted texture. So that makes me wonder if the decoration grass is growable, and can it be mowed and it regrow like in FS19 or is it something different?

The only other thing that I was still a bit sad to see during the whole placeable, terrain sculpting, terrain painting demo that nowhere on screen or in the help menu did there seem to be an undo button anywhere. Even when they exited out of the build menu I'm surprised there wasn't some pop-up on the screen to ask the player to confirm and save their changes or cancel and undo what they had done. So for the players asking for an Undo option in the terrain and building system, that still sadly doesn't seem to be present.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:21 pmWhat I did find a little strange though during the demo, when they sold off the shed they'd placed and then showed how to remove the concrete foundations left behind. That in FS22 the grass is now separate from the underlying or base texture. In the demo they painted over the concrete with a rather flat looking grass texture, which in FS19 would have been the base for the growable grass to then spring from. However in FS22 they then had to switch to decorations and apply the actual grass to the painted texture. So that makes me wonder if the decoration grass is growable, and can it be mowed and it regrow like in FS19 or is it something different?
Maybe it's both. The grass they painted is probably useful for little tufts here and there (like the middle of a gravel/mud track), while if they sped time forward the grass might have grown itself anyway.