FarmCon 21

Mwal

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by Mwal »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 2:24 pm
Production chains have been one of the most requested features ever, so I know you're being sarcastic but Giants actually listened to players on that one
Production chains are fine, just hauling around cake in the back of a utv is not at all what I expected.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

I'm not excited about production chains in the least, but I do know a lot of folks have wanted this for a while.

3 day seasons. Not sure about this yet. I've always played 6 day seasons on 5x. I guess I could get used to 3 day on 1x. I'm just happy to have them in the base game.

I'm extremely excited about the updated sounds. That was my biggest gripe with FS19.

Pleasantly surprised so far. Still not enough to pre-order yet.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

Mwal wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 1:51 pm Hey guys it’s ok though you can bake cakes. I guess this is where bulletbill says I told you so
BulletBill is my spirit animal.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

It's all optional though and you don't have to physically move anything if you don't want to.
Not sure how much I'll get involved in using production chains but I'll certainly be giving it a go, sure that some will make more sense than others for the way I play.
Really impressed with all that's been revealed so far, especially liked the new cattle animations that were briefly on show too.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

blue_painted wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 pm I've no idea how I'm going to play on 3 day seasons, where every day is one month.
Just like you do in the seasons mod. Where on 3 day seasons, every day is a month
Ignorance is bliss
Crashmac

Post by Crashmac »

I'm still in the wait and see camp, I did like the fact that they are implementing different textures for types of tillage and there are clearly lots of improvements for visuals/sounds etc. I'm mostly waiting to see how the production side is implemented, it sounds as though you can play without it so that's a positive for me and secondly helper/ai is my biggest pet peeve, since it wasn't really mentioned so far I am kind of expecting more of the same.....
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

I really hope we can change seasons length, for me 3 days is way to short, I'm not using massive tools on tiny fields, so the work actually take some time to do.

In FS19 I play with 24day seasons and 1x time so I have more option to choose days depending on weather to do things, and just fast forward time when needed. I understand this is not how most people play, but I don't rush things in-game and that's the way it feels most realistic to me.

So going to a 3 day season is a game changer for me :confusednew:
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Hoffa82 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:39 pm I really hope we can change seasons length, for me 3 days is way to short, I'm not using massive tools on tiny fields, so the work actually take some time to do.

In FS19 I play with 24day seasons and 1x time so I have more option to choose days depending on weather to do things, and just fast forward time when needed. I understand this is not how most people play, but I don't rush things in-game and that's the way it feels most realistic to me.

So going to a 3 day season is a game changer for me :confusednew:
You are playing the game the correct way. *thumbsup*
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

"You'll have to cut trees, combine fields and adjust the field shape so that the helpers are of good help to you."
Reading that from the Elmcreek blog saddened me, I'm assuming no improvements to the AI this time.
Also the vehicles look to handle the exact same way in 22, like R/C toys, there just doesn't seem to be any weight to the movement.
Another concern coming from the console perspective, is what are the draw distances like. All we're seeing is a top end PC running the game, does the console have the distant shadow improvements. And for the devs to be "working on" getting hazzard lights working on the next gen consoles, come on are you serious.
3 day seasons with no way to increase, the devs couldn't of added a 6 and or 9 day season option :(

I'm only focusing on the negatives because that is what will sway me to pre-order. So far they outweigh the positives.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Eonellivlem wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 pm "You'll have to cut trees, combine fields and adjust the field shape so that the helpers are of good help to you."
Reading that from the Elmcreek blog saddened me, I'm assuming no improvements to the AI this time.
Also the vehicles look to handle the exact same way in 22, like R/C toys, there just doesn't seem to be any weight to the movement.
Another concern coming from the console perspective, is what are the draw distances like. All we're seeing is a top end PC running the game, does the console have the distant shadow improvements. And for the devs to be "working on" getting hazzard lights working on the next gen consoles, come on are you serious.
3 day seasons with no way to increase, the devs couldn't of added a 6 and or 9 day season option :(

I'm only focusing on the negatives because that is what will sway me to pre-order. So far they outweigh the positives.
Blinking lights- Developers say it's too much for console hardware to handle. Don't compare that to turning your lights on and off, switching between high and low beam, using your breaks, backup lights, or your beacons.

Blinking lights- Players say consoles are missing that one extra button needed to activate them. Don't compare that to the possibilities that can come from popup wheel menus that every other game uses.
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

i hear ya, i just got the impression it was more of a hardware limitation thing rather than simply finding a way to turn them on.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Mainly at the moment I'm just looking at all the footage and thinking how is this going to look in the hands of modders? What will someone like OxygenDavid be able to do with all this stuff? From a visual point of view anyway.

I'm interested to see what improvements, if any, they've made to the seasonal weather effects. The sky does look a bit better in the footage we've seen, in terms of clouds all the way to the horizon, but are we going to get more varied clouds when its stormy or raining etc?
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

iwan073 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 4:34 pm
blue_painted wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:42 pm I've no idea how I'm going to play on 3 day seasons, where every day is one month.
Just like you do in the seasons mod. Where on 3 day seasons, every day is a month
I'm not entirely sure of your point here. Yes, I can see that but I don't play three day seasons on FS19 because there's not enough time in the season to get everything done and at the same time have a day/night rhythm.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

3 day seasons would be the option i would never use, just way too short. It's a shame Giants chose that option as default. That is for me a deal breaker :(
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:51 pm Blinking lights- Developers say it's too much for console hardware to handle. Don't compare that to turning your lights on and off, switching between high and low beam, using your breaks, backup lights, or your beacons.

Blinking lights- Players say consoles are missing that one extra button needed to activate them. Don't compare that to the possibilities that can come from popup wheel menus that every other game uses.
Add to the fact that there are tractors on the modhub available for console now with functional 4-ways/hazard lights. The "console limitation" here is clearly a developer limitation.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!