FarmCon 21

cwattyeso

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by cwattyeso »

If you play on 1x Speed then yes one year in game will be 288 hours in real life. However as was said during Farm Con there are more options for game speed this year and you can play at slower then 1x. They quoted you could spend a weekend playing 1 day. So that would indicate there is a 0.5x option at least. That would increase your Seasons playthrough to 576 hours. Surely enough time for people to do all their planting and harvesting without any issues. I mean there are people who don’t even put that many hours into a single save or map never mind one single year of seasons.

To me the Seasons complaint and the reaction to it is a tad over blown. Giants obviously picked a length that would enable all players (particularly new ones with maybe no experience of the Seasons mod) to play the game and still make progress and experience progress regularly and still remain active. If you set Seasons too long then you risk players becoming frustrated in the Winter or Summer when there is nothing to do and if players find themselves just having to constantly fast forward time and skip days to try and get to a point where they can do something you run the risk these players just turn the game off and walk away which is something Giants don’t want to do. Giants don’t want to put players off playing their game and don’t want to lose customers.

In the current Seasons Mod on FS19 I typically play on shorter season length 6 days or 9 days. I normally play with the clock set between 5-10x in the Summer, completely skip the Winter and in the Spring and Winter when work is to be done play on 0x or 1x so I get everything done.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

This seasons thing is going to be a nightmare for me, I've never liked using seasons so gave up on it a long time ago, let's say I play "pretend" seasons if ya get me, anyway since fs19 came out I've really only played one map, tried others anytime new maps released but always end up back on my original main save, thing is, it takes me anywhere from 6 to 12 IRL months to complete one "pretend" season lol, the map I'm playing released over 2 years ago an I'm only half way through my third "pretend" season haha
I'm absolutely screwed with this new game lol
I do love the work GIANTS did with sounds and gearbox so I'm hoping this seasons thing isn't as bad as I'm thinking.
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 8:52 pm
Well the good thing is for players like yourself and many others in the same boat, you can turn off the seasons mode entirely in FS22 and play without it. So you are completely free to carry on and play with your 'Pretend Seasons' as you called it. Ultimately at the end of the days it's what suits you at the best and as Kenny kept saying during Farm Con the game is designed to be a Sandbox, so you are well within your rights to play it however you want.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Oh I didn't know that, someone replied to another comment I posted that you could turn of the crop cycle or something like that but not the season cycle, maybe I picked it up wrong, if the whole season thing can be turned off like you say, I'm not complaining anymore lol thanks for clearing that up, so many people commenting this and that it's hard to figure what's what when I didn't have time to check out the videos yet.
BicentennialMan

Post by BicentennialMan »

Farming Simulator 22 VS Farming Simulator 19 | Claas Xerion Saddle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPMqLqKtCA

when a modder does a better job at the game then GIANTS does make you wonder
NO pre order here game look like trash i bet they not even listen to the player base
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 pm Most like playing at something faster than 1x and most skip the night, decent chunk of winter also gets skipped, along with weather being uncooperative makes that 144 ingame hours more like 50-60hrs, decide by 5 (5x) and it’s 10-12hrs of play time actually working crops, or under half the time I take to harvest with 2 S780 combines currently.
At the end of the day Everyone should be able to play how they want and I hope Giants do manage to extend the seasons for those that want it. Even if it is release as a mod shortly after release. I suspect if they don't someone else will very quickly.
I've always been a 1x or 120x kind of guy no in between.
Your clearly not playing very realistically if your skipping winter though ;) thats when you should be ploughing or cultivating for spring time or shaking your fist at the snow for not melting fast enough...

If short season increases the chances of uncooperative weather then surely that is more realistic rather than having soooo much time that your guaranteed to get everything done with plenty time to skip where is the farming challenge in that? That's probably a mute point cause Giants have already stated that the weather will not handicap you by causing draught or floods so you shouldn't worry about uncooperative weather not in the base maps anyway...
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm Your clearly not playing very realistically if your skipping winter though ;) thats when you should be ploughing or cultivating for spring time or shaking your fist at the snow for not melting fast enough...

If short season increases the chances of uncooperative weather then surely that is more realistic rather than having soooo much time that your guaranteed to get everything done with plenty time to skip where is the farming challenge in that? That's probably a mute point cause Giants have already stated that the weather will not handicap you by causing draught or floods so you shouldn't worry about uncooperative weather not in the base maps anyway...
Well that's what I wanted to do but for some reason the Season Mod does not allow you to do any field work in the Winter. So sadly you couldn't do ploughing or cultivating in the winter. I've wanted to lime and fertilise too but it's just not allowed from Day 1 Winter until the 1st Day Spring. Always comes up saying you can't work the fields whilst they are frozen (even though I turn snow and stuff off). Instead when playing with Seasons I'm forced to try and cram my ploughing into the autumn after the harvest and then my cultivating in the spring before I do my seeding/planting. I know there will be the people that say, "In Winter you manage your animals." but again typically for me I'm not doing animals until the end of year 2 at the earliest, and then its only animals I can provide their needs for so usually first it'll be chickens, and then sheeps. I don't usually start cows or pigs until maybe year 4 at the earliest because you need to have plenty of fields and plenty of crops to meet their needs fully.

Yeah the short seasons does pose some challenges. In the save game I was playing today I'm really up against it to get my Year 1 harvest done and in the silo, because it rained the first four days of the harvest window and meant I couldn't get on the fields. I literally rage quit the save a month or so ago because of this and only returned to it this weekend. I played all spring and all summer with not even an overcast or cloudy day, perfect sunshine for 12 days, then as soon as I can harvest, it chucks it down with rain for 4 days. Now I've got about 100 Hectares to harvest in two days with just the Claas Lexion and a 7m header, as well as needing to go get myself a potato and sugar beet harvester to get those out the ground. However that does mean that now as I only have two days left to harvest my fields the Timescale is definitely being set to between 0x and 1x, so I can hopefully recover some lost time and not lose too much of my year 1 crops. Pretty much harvesting on 1x, then carting and straw collecting on 0x so not to be overly penalised on those time consuming aspects.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:48 pm Most like playing at something faster than 1x and most skip the night, decent chunk of winter also gets skipped, along with weather being uncooperative makes that 144 ingame hours more like 50-60hrs, decide by 5 (5x) and it’s 10-12hrs of play time actually working crops, or under half the time I take to harvest with 2 S780 combines currently.
At the end of the day Everyone should be able to play how they want and I hope Giants do manage to extend the seasons for those that want it. Even if it is release as a mod shortly after release. I suspect if they don't someone else will very quickly.
Your clearly not playing very realistically if your skipping winter though ;) thats when you should be ploughing or cultivating for spring time or shaking your fist at the snow for not melting fast enough...

Not skipping have livestock and crop selling.
Everything is seeded into cover crop or wheat before winter and tillage happens after spring fertilizer and manure application.
And IRL there’s enough time for weather Windows to appear, meanwhile with 3 day seasons (Seasons Mod) it’s recommended not to use as you may not have any time to cut/dry hay while IRL you almost always will be able to, just have to wait and cut early or late sometimes.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

BicentennialMan wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:33 pm Farming Simulator 22 VS Farming Simulator 19 | Claas Xerion Saddle
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuPMqLqKtCA

when a modder does a better job at the game then GIANTS does make you wonder
NO pre order here game look like trash i bet they not even listen to the player base
Not sure which vehicles you’re referring to, but both the Saddle Trac and the grape harvester look better in FS22 (Giants)
Ignorance is bliss
eric21

Post by eric21 »

I think he's just ranting
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 pm for some reason the Season Mod does not allow you to do any field work in the Winter. So sadly you couldn't do ploughing or cultivating in the winter.
Only when the ground is frozen. I've done plenty of field work during warmer winters. Shoot, I've harvested corn with snow on the ground (happens a lot IRL too). It just depends on which geo you're using.

Something I've had a question about is hay. Are we back to having to ted grass to make hay again? I've gotten used to mowing when it's dry and then raking when it cures.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmerJohn89 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:34 pm

For some people the thought of working the ground in winter is unrealistic, I’ve seen anywhere from 1-7 feet of frost in December. I would also like to chuckle at your claim of realism because obviously everyone knows in real life there’s only 3 days per season and twelve per year. It would be nice if you would consider some play true to real life so there’s much more work to be done, or some don’t want to own a semi, two quad tracks and three jd x9s for 97 acres, to those of us who like a little more time and work that’s stupid and unrealistic and we don’t really want some person telling us we’re playing wrong, we just want a feature we’ve all grown to love.
gilroy222

Post by gilroy222 »

Not that it's a big deal, but I haven't seen anything to indicate or heard them mention anything about DEF?

I just remember all the fuss that surrounded 19 when they had the feature but then took it away. Looks like it still won't be in 22.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

The name calling from the safety of a keyboard is strong in some.
Vanquish081

Post by Vanquish081 »

What is the laptop used in FarmCon 21? RAIDER...?..MSI¿
Last edited by Vanquish081 on Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.