FarmCon 21

FarmerLee73

FarmCon 21

Post by FarmerLee73 »

So I watched FarmCon 21 part 1 and have to say I feel very deflated, thus far I have not seen anything "game changing" from FS19, as it stands FS22 seems to be FS19 with a new coat of paint. I hope I am very wrong about this and of course I will still play and no doubt enjoy FS22.

Am I wrong about this? Please tell me I am missing something!! :hmm:
Luftkopf

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by Luftkopf »

I think it comes down to expectations. I've been reading what everyone has be saying about FS22, what they hope to see, what they want Giants to add, etc, and I think a lot of people have unrealistic expectations, and are suitably mad. (I'm not talking about you specifically, just people in general)

So far I'm feeling fairly upbeat about FS22. I like what I've seen so far, but I'll reserve judgement until after we've seen actual gameplay footage. If the only change in addition to what they've already shown were the end of the magic circle, I would see FS22 to be a resounding success.
FarmerLee73

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Agreed, it is down to expectations. I don't know what I expected and perhaps I am jumping the gun as I know they are saying there is more to be revealed but thus far I just haven't really seen anything new except for a map. Yes there will be productions and they seem to be hyping seasons and PF...But we already have that! I don't know maybe I am missing something
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I do get it. Incrementally released games tend to have small differences between generations, which will leave many underwhelmed.

What I think is important for FS22, which we won't know until modders have had a good crack at it, is whether the underlying mechanics allow for a wider range of mods. I reckon it's a good bet that production chains will allow a wider range of mods on console.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

The only things that stood out to me from day 1 were how nice the buildings looked and how much nicer the map looked in autumn and winter. In summer or spring it was pretty plain.

But the most important features weren't supposed to be in the day 1 presentations.

Plus I don't think they are going to announce new brands or equipment until closer to release.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

FarmerLee73 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 6:36 am So I watched FarmCon 21 part 1 and have to say I feel very deflated, thus far I have not seen anything "game changing" from FS19, as it stands FS22 seems to be FS19 with a new coat of paint. I hope I am very wrong about this and of course I will still play and no doubt enjoy FS22.

Am I wrong about this? Please tell me I am missing something!! :hmm:
You're not wrong about your opinion. At this point it's difficult to add anything "game changing" that we haven't seen in mods.
They have announced several new features, but nothing game changing.
To me, game changing would be closing all the loops by finishing what they started years ago.
The new map looks good so far, and I'm looking forward to some more gameplay videos.
The seasonal cycles look good to me. adding depth, but keeping it simple.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

"Game Changing" would be something like "... and this is the tool that does 90% of the work to convert mods from FS19 to FS22 ..."
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
eric21

Post by eric21 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:21 am The only things that stood out to me from day 1 were how nice the buildings looked and how much nicer the map looked in autumn and winter. In summer or spring it was pretty plain.

But the most important features weren't supposed to be in the day 1 presentations.

Plus I don't think they are going to announce new brands or equipment until closer to release.
New brands would probably be revealed soon, as with the fact sheets, Demco is the latest new brand
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Guess I was a bit underwhelmed by day 1 as well.

Yeah, the new map looks awesome and I’m happy about the seasons.
But… dunno.

Guess today is the day we get to see the good stuff :)
Ignorance is bliss
JTA91

Post by JTA91 »

I believe the farm sim community is full of very passionate people, because frankly most people I have ever met who also love Agriculture myself included are. You have to be of you want to be successful in farming in real life, and you also have to be passionate to really care about and get deeply into into a game as specialized as this. Otherwise your going to get bored and move on quickly. How many of us have logged hundreds/thousands of hours so far on farm sim?🙂

Having said that, being very passionate about farm sim can also foster some pretty high expectations for whats new to come, whether it was fs19, now 22, or beyond, and it can downright ruin your excitement and love for it if you let it.

This was very true for me with Kinze being in the game in 19 finally, but only a couple grain carts, no planters. No planters from literally the most famous planter mfg in the U.S. if not the world. I have run real kinze planters and wanted/want a 16/31 3600 so badly. This was a heck of a let down. Thank god for modders like Custom Modding to at least give us real "planters" like the early risers and other modders.

But now, in that reveal, we know a 4905 is coming, its a game late, but its finally a start.

So far, i am thrilled about fs22 except for one particular reason, and many are touching on this already, but being limited to 3 day seasons only is not going to work.

Farm Simulator is all about freedom and the ability to taylor each players game to their playstyle, often times mirroring their own real life experience. Theres NO way 3 days is enough time to soil sample, plow, lime and fertilize, spray weeds, etc all in its particular 3 day blocks if you plan to do serious row crop. I currently farm half my map usually, and ive found 9 day season lengths work perfectly.

I also do not trust the new built in seasons geo adjustment so far like I do realisums yet, they've been at it a while. I want to double crop soybeans into my wheat for example and it to be done right. Just turning off the plant/harvest limit but still having seasons roll on without effect will kill the immersion. I want the challenge, but i dont want it to be impossible.

It may seem like its always just the last game but with a few improvements here and there, but ive gone back to 17 quite a few times just for comparisons and ill say 100% i prefer 19 over 17 just for those improvements. A lot of little things add up to be big things before long. Looking at you, shiny hydraulic cylinders in the sunlight and continuing to drive when in the menus.

So, with that, we will see what else is coming with farm con and hey, im just glad to have a new fs game coming, and I have a pretty decked out fs19 to hold me over while it gets through its growing pains.

Farm on.
Wisfarmer17

Post by Wisfarmer17 »

Where do we go to see all the info that was put out at farmcon yesterday
PS4. MIDWEST USA.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Wisfarmer17 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:10 pm Where do we go to see all the info that was put out at farmcon yesterday
For the full video (get coffee on a drip for the first 40 and final 50 minutes):

For just the map preview:
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

I was a bit concerned at first watch the stream, especially in regards to the Seasons Cycle that Giants added and that in the stream it was kind of put across (Maybe a translation issue from Giants into English) that it was part of the game and players had to play with it, and kind of felt it was a slap in the face of all the players who have voiced they don't like seasons mod in the past games, don't use and don't want it enforced on them, but still want to enjoy playing Farm Sim the way they have all these years.

So it was nice to see the Q&A and the blog cleared up some of that original messaging and explained that you have more control over the Seasons Cycle in this game, you can turn on or off the elements you want or don't want. You can turn off and disable the whole thing and just play Farm Sim normally too. So I like that, I like we can mix and match stuff and use what we want from it, rather then just being forced to have to use the whole thing. I can see myself and a lot of players keeping the Seasonal Lighting and Texture Changes on, but disabling the weather and snow and also the planting/harvesting restrictions, so we can play Farm Sim the way we enjoy but still get to see the map changing each day and looking different, which makes it perhaps feel more alive and lived in.

So yeah that was the one thing I was really keen to know heading into FS22, can we turn off and ignore all the seasons stuff and I'm glad to hear we can and we can enjoy just happy farming.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Ive been prepared to be underwhelmed from the get go.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Day 2 Live at the moment- JD 7810 on gameplay with manual or auto gear options available in the game. And the sound is just amazing and they have added more sounds etc for trailers.... Crop texture and straw is on another level compared to FS19