FarmCon 21

vovovo

Re: FarmCon 21

Post by vovovo »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:50 pm ...cram my ploughing into the autumn after the harvest and then my cultivating in the spring before I do my seeding/planting.

That's how we do it in Northern Europe. Usually in early April we start fertilizing our winter crops and run weeders through them, same goes to grasslands. Mid to late April you can start working on the fields, cultivating, disc harrowing and sometimes even seeding, but this usually takes place between late April to early/mid May, sometimes even late May. June-July is for making hay and first and second cut of silage. From mid July you can start harvesting your winter crops, at the same time you start preparing fields for winter crops. In August it's time for spring barley, wheat and oats, canola takes a bit longer, often even till september. Mid August is when you should start seeding rye and winter canola, with barley and wheat you can wait till late september. Depending on weather, how much land and what machinery you got, it takes about late september or even early october to get your crops harvested and then you have month at most to finish plowing, cultivating, disc harrowing your fields. So late summer to early/mid autumn is kinda busy time around here, cuz you may have harvesting, field preparing, winter crop seeding, slurry, manure, sometimes even third cut silage going on simultaneously. November-March you just sit and wait for new spring to come. For me at least, the way it is, it is very realistic *thumbsup*
tcap023

Post by tcap023 »

I love the changes so far in Farming simulator 22. I look forward to seeing what modders can do with it. The only thing that makes it hard for me is lack of GPS and that the cab/indoor camera doesn't move with the suspension. (not sure why this is big for me but I love the mod) #immersion. I really hope someone way smarter than me can get it done early
Platform=PC
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:23 pm The name calling from the safety of a keyboard is strong in some.
Nah, I clean my language up for the forum otherwise I would get banned for sure
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

BulletBill wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:55 am
I would like to think this proves nagging works... :lol:
Oh good in that case can I start nagging you to remake Coldborough Park Farm for FS22? :lol:
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

Mobias wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:35 pm
Oh good in that case can I start nagging you to remake Coldborough Park Farm for FS22? :lol:
I'd second that :D
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Coldborough Park Farm you say, oh boy that was one gem of a map, what are the chances of it coming back for 22.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Feirmeoir Eireannach wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:29 pm what are the chances of it coming back for 22.
You'd better ask BB. He says nagging works though so lets all get started. :lol:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

If nagging works someone start a “Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine” thread.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:39 am If nagging works someone start a “Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine” thread.
Which promptly will be locked as spam/inciting rebellion/ultimately pointless/you didn’t watch the Cinematic trailer
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 am
chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:39 am If nagging works someone start a “Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine” thread.
Which promptly will be locked as spam/inciting rebellion/ultimately pointless/you didn’t watch the Cinematic trailer
No. Fill me in chief.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:44 am
DEERE317 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:08 am
No. Fill me in chief.
AFS Connect Magnum with SMV and flasher arms. (Did have the claw 3pt arms and ball attacher though)
Pretty sure the X9 1100 and Massey 5S are also US spec in it.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

So just speculation? No thanks. I’ve heard this song and dance before. The 8r on FS19 was NA spec as well according to the hype.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:13 am So just speculation? No thanks. I’ve heard this song and dance before. The 8r on FS19 was NA spec as well according to the hype.
Not speculation cold hard trailer footage. (And TBF the 8R in the cinematic was EU)
Edit:
Massey 5S looks to not have an SMV
Case IH AFS Connect Magnum starting around 1:20 has SMV and Marker/Flasher Arms
X9 Looks to be in US/CA Spec
1167 MT doesn’t have the EU placards but don’t have a good shot the the rear to tell if there’s an SMV
https://youtu.be/tgv3RzTaxQM
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

cwattyeso wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:57 pm If you play on 1x Speed then yes one year in game will be 288 hours in real life. However as was said during Farm Con there are more options for game speed this year and you can play at slower then 1x. They quoted you could spend a weekend playing 1 day. So that would indicate there is a 0.5x option at least. That would increase your Seasons playthrough to 576 hours. Surely enough time for people to do all their planting and harvesting without any issues. I mean there are people who don’t even put that many hours into a single save or map never mind one single year of seasons.

To me the Seasons complaint and the reaction to it is a tad over blown. Giants obviously picked a length that would enable all players (particularly new ones with maybe no experience of the Seasons mod) to play the game and still make progress and experience progress regularly and still remain active. If you set Seasons too long then you risk players becoming frustrated in the Winter or Summer when there is nothing to do and if players find themselves just having to constantly fast forward time and skip days to try and get to a point where they can do something you run the risk these players just turn the game off and walk away which is something Giants don’t want to do. Giants don’t want to put players off playing their game and don’t want to lose customers.

In the current Seasons Mod on FS19 I typically play on shorter season length 6 days or 9 days. I normally play with the clock set between 5-10x in the Summer, completely skip the Winter and in the Spring and Winter when work is to be done play on 0x or 1x so I get everything done.
I am sure they implied a "season" (3 months) would be 3 days in FS22, thus at x1 speed would equate to a long weekend (i.e. a weekend with an adjacent public holiday, be the public holiday a Friday or a Monday).

thus x1 is the slowest passage of time.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

Due to old gen consoles limitations and compatibility, as well as the fact it can't include the all "important" US spec signs, we are unable to make Coldborough Park Farm map for Farm Sim anymore. :lol:
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU