FS22 Multi Terrain Angle Update?

Miketeg

Re: FS22 Multi Terrain Angle Update?

Post by Miketeg »

So, because of few people who didn't upgrade their console, I lose functionnality?

Just add a trigger or an auto-detect function jeez....

Seriously Giants, you're better then this.
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Miketeg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:29 pm So, because of few people who didn't upgrade their console, I lose functionnality?

I thought they already have - because when I played on my ancient Lenovo E430 I was getting reduced terrain angles where, on the same map, on my desktop I saw all the angles.

It's unlikely to affect me personally, as I won't be playing much on the supplied maps.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

blue_painted wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:36 pm
Miketeg wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:29 pm So, because of few people who didn't upgrade their console, I lose functionnality?

I thought they already have - because when I played on my ancient Lenovo E430 I was getting reduced terrain angles where, on the same map, on my desktop I saw all the angles.

It's unlikely to affect me personally, as I won't be playing much on the supplied maps.
It visually strips the graphical detail but still has the data.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

More than a few.
And all the people with low spec PC’s.
And low bandwidth internet.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Well i'm sure there's a way to implement something regarding the hardware that is used by the player.

Not saying that will be easy...but i'm 100% sure this is possible.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

faruk9154 wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:39 am It is said that the multi-terrain angle will come with an update a few days after the game's release. Is this true? :confusednew:
Lol. The game hasn’t been released yet. Why not make multi terrain angle part of the game instead of a scheduled update a day or two after release. I think someone is pulling your leg.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Just to add some meat to the bones above, in the polls GIANTS posted on StrawPolls and Youtube console players were asked if they intended to play on last gen consoles or current gen. Last gen won by a significant amount.

Nearly 70% of console players on Youtube voted they were going to play on last gen consoles, while 56% on the StrawPoll one said the same. The poll results are at the end of this post.

Let's say of that of the two million sales of FS19 purchases that were reported two years ago (it will have gone up since of course, but let's use that as it was fact) that 55% of the players are on consoles (45% of the first million sold were on PC). That's around 1.1 million console players in total. The figures from the polls suggest that around 64% of console users expect to be on last gen consoles, which is 700,000 sales, or at £30 per game sold (allowing for the fact that the price would have started higher and dropped more recently) that's around £21 million of income! And that doesn't include DLCs or Season Passes, for which we have no data, though it also can't guess how many will upgrade consoles during FS22's game cycle.

A lot of the above is conjecture based on around 12,000 votes rather than 2,000,000, but whichever way you cut it, it's not "a few people"!

Click for full-size image.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Could just buy a pc if your that upset by it.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

???

I do have a PC, that's why I don't want to be impacted by those who have an older console...
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Oh well modders will just add it in again. They only ones that will suffer will be console users.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:34 pm ???

I do have a PC, that's why I don't want to be impacted by those who have an older console...
Or older PC…
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

My guess is that there is a lot of pc players running min. Specs as well, how would these hold up?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Aholz89 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:23 pm My guess is that there is a lot of pc players running min. Specs as well, how would these hold up?
My old Lenovo laptop falls back to 45°
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

So, the stats are really showing that most of the virtual farmers are too cheap to upgrade, and expect Giants to cater to them. :lol:
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

FarmBoss wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:48 am So, the stats are really showing that most of the virtual farmers are too cheap to upgrade, and expect Giants to cater to them. :lol:
It's not really too cheap given new graphics cards are like hens teeth, and those that are available are sometimes selling at 100% more than their value and have been even higher than that in the last year.

Even some old graphics cards have been selling for more second hand than they did originally!

I was extremely lucky to get a 3060 TI at MSRP, and that was only as I got a notification the instant they appeared in stock - they sold out within half an hour and that was by far and away the longest they've been on sale yet here.