tweaking the rental cost of equipment?

VAGamer

tweaking the rental cost of equipment?

Post by VAGamer »

For RP purposes, I want to simulate a contractor loading my auto-loading log trailer (Fliegel Timber Runner). I was thinking about increasing the daily rental cost for a frontloader by about 10k to account for the phantom helper.

Can anyone provide info on what file I would need to edit, and how to make such edits? I would prefer this approach to just adjusting the money using a money cheat multiple times.

thanks for any help
Eische

Re: tweaking the rental cost of equipment?

Post by Eische »

There is no direkt way to change the rental cost alone. They are fixed to the final buying price of the machine.
base = 2%
hourly = 2.1%
daily = 1%

I'm not aware of a mod changing only the rental costs. So you need to increase the price of the equipment.

Another idea would be:
Why only renting a frontloader? You could rent a wheel loader and logfork maybe? Or any other equipment that has rental cost matching your needs? If you don't plan on actually using it, it pretty much does not matter, what you rent for the phantom helper.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Have use cheats but visit the Community Trader (link in sig) and Bryan can get you a lease.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
VAGamer

Post by VAGamer »

Eische wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:31 pm There is no direkt way to change the rental cost alone. They are fixed to the final buying price of the machine.
base = 2%
hourly = 2.1%
daily = 1%

I'm not aware of a mod changing only the rental costs. So you need to increase the price of the equipment.

Another idea would be:
Why only renting a frontloader? You could rent a wheel loader and logfork maybe? Or any other equipment that has rental cost matching your needs? If you don't plan on actually using it, it pretty much does not matter, what you rent for the phantom helper.
That's a terrific idea - sometimes the simple approach is best. Thanks for the idea.