Header questions

Cokey

Header questions

Post by Cokey »

Hi guys and gals, a quick query. Im looking at upgrading my combine as i am now buying larger fields. Currently using a case with 4.3m header. I want to use a header in the 6-8m range. However i know header trailers can be hit and miss. I think i remember hearing that the claas header trailers had a good locking script. Can anyone confirm if that is the case? And if so could those claas trailers be used with any other make of header? Or can anybody recommend another header trailer please? I know there are the cressoni folding headers as i have used them before but i personally dont like the chequered pattern when they get dirty. I know that sounds daft but im sure at least of you know where im coming from. Once you notice something you cant un-notice it. Many thanks in advance
b101uk

Re: Header questions

Post by b101uk »

an alternative is the JD T560 combine and the 9m Rostselmash drapper stream 900 with its built-in trailer.

you get a relatively compact combine (width), and no having to mess around with header trailers, and it works when when you have relatively large fields but relatively tight access (roads, gates etc)
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Ok thanks ill take a look
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

b101uk wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:34 pm an alternative is the JD T560 combine and the 9m Rostselmash drapper stream 900 with its built-in trailer.

you get a relatively compact combine (width), and no having to mess around with header trailers, and it works when when you have relatively large fields but relatively tight access (roads, gates etc)
And there’s a Lizard version of it on Modhub with customizable decals and colors.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
JensChrDK

Post by JensChrDK »

But yes, the Claas header trailers actually lock the header down, don't know if it works with other header brands also..
Been playing WAAAAY to many hours - PC with Logitech G27 and Thrustmaster Simtask Farmstick
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

Thanks guys. Been having a look and might get a claas as dont really want to go to 9m headers just yet. 7.6m might be the size for my needs