Seasons question

mreeveshp

Seasons question

Post by mreeveshp »

I'm knew to season and learning on the fly I got bored when my farm was at 18m dollars and I was just doing the same things with no difficulty.

So I got 3 questions I have horses on the farm playing on lazy acres and it shows the price to buy 0 and sell 0 even though some of my horses are 91% fitness.

And right now I'm only in my second day but I have literally had nothing to do, does it ramp up where it gets busier playing 9 day seasons.

Then 3rd if I end up just not liking seasons for whatever reason can I just turn the mod off and everything reverts back to the vanilla game play or would I have to start this farm all over again cause if that's the case I may try a new map.

Thanks in advance
Mwal

Re: Seasons question

Post by Mwal »

Horses are boarded in seasons for income and the first year will be a little slow because you don’t have work carried over from the year before, seasons plays better on a bit larger operation as it makes work last longer throughout the season.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

3: not recommended removing seasons on a save, and continue playing.
2: personally I prefer 6 days. As Mwal said, it'll be more to do as time goes. But check to see if you need to plow (recommend having periodically plowing on, as that gives a bit more to do). And also, contracts
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

I don't recall anybody recommending that? :D You can turn off Seasons and play without it. I don't recall anything that could cause issues.
Noraf

Post by Noraf »

Hmmm, I was sure it could cause problems if you did?

Good to know that it won't though 👍
:hi:

FS22 Bug-tracker
How to post your log
Giants Discord
Posting pictures How-to

Just remember, if the world didn't su.., we'd all fall of...
Lufarms

Post by Lufarms »

You should wait at least until the fields are in a growing state. If you turn off seasons when they are in a planted state, they will remain in that state without seasons and the crops won't grow.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Noraf wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:37 pm Hmmm, I was sure it could cause problems if you did?

Good to know that it won't though 👍
We used to warn people specifically about adding Seasons to an existing game, but we eventually ironed out all the issues with more robust logic. I don't believe removing the mod would have any adverse technical effects, since the Seasons related bits of the save game data will just ignored.
Lufarms wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:39 pm You should wait at least until the fields are in a growing state. If you turn off seasons when they are in a planted state, they will remain in that state without seasons and the crops won't grow.
Very good point. In my view, if you remove the mod you should fully expect to need to start all of your fields again. So best would be to harvest everything and then remove the mod.
mreeveshp

Post by mreeveshp »

Thanks for the replies, I did all the contracts available and am going into the 3rd day now, fields I planted for contracts are already growing but my fields still aren't doing anything.

I'm debating not putting straw for my animals since I can make more money off slurry than manure but with 18m in the bank I'm not worried about money and what's sad is I would have a lot more in the bank but I would just blow money for fun on different equipment just to keep trying different stuff.

I'm kind of debating a new map to try I'd like to have animal pens already built in and in general a good laid out farm to start out but I don't know which one so any suggestions would be appreciated

Thanks
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Personally I like to set up my own farm, I start with 200-300 acres and a couple of tractors and smaller implements and an older smaller combine or pair of combines. I usually start with one type of animal generally beef cattle. I cheat in the money to get this going and intentionally undersized my operation to make more work. Once I set this up I deduct my money down to have enough to buy cattle and seed. Then play my way through with the intention of owning the entire map and harvesting it all a few times. I try to stick to realism (never cheating in money, paying off debt, never being equipment heavy, updating older equipment, updating buildings, drying corn, using single bins to hold single crop types, using bins that require augers, only contracts with my own equipment, sleeping at night, only allowing so many workers at once, using auto drive or cp to send a pickup to a field to pick me up instead of tabbing through equipment, turning extra feed or bales into manure to land apply after a year, moving snow out of any driveways I own, I also am the blade man for the area and clean the roads with a grader all winter and I open all the roads after every snow) things like this keep you busy. I play on 12 day seasons and spend a fair amount of time on 1x speed especially in fall and spring just to have time to complete things and at times I don’t have enough to do I run 120x while I do my daily chores.
cajunmanf450

Post by cajunmanf450 »

I do have a question about seasons. I run seasons geo cenla on bucks county, since there is on map for Louisiana. Anyway there are several crops that have no planting and harvesting markers example Barley and Canola. I can only assume that the reason is no one plants these crops in Louisiana.
Cajunmanf450
Oilfield Trash Making Oilfield Cash
Thank you for your support.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Yeah, that is more of how the geo is set up not the mod seasons.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

cajunmanf450 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:00 pm I do have a question about seasons. I run seasons geo cenla on bucks county, since there is on map for Louisiana. Anyway there are several crops that have no planting and harvesting markers example Barley and Canola. I can only assume that the reason is no one plants these crops in Louisiana.
You would have to ask the maker of the GEO what their intention was, but I would guess that your assumption is correct. GEOs allow creators to not include certain crops as appropriate for the region.
cajunmanf450

Post by cajunmanf450 »

thank you for the information it is much appreciated.
Cajunmanf450
Oilfield Trash Making Oilfield Cash
Thank you for your support.