Official FS22 Changes List

Bot Roast

Re: Official FS22 Changes List

Post by Bot Roast »

Many great changes, more so than 17-19. This game is heading in a good direction, and if you didn't get what you want this year then you only have to wait a short time for the next release, just make sure your voice is heard because Giants does listen to the player base. I'm sure gps will get here eventually. I might actually pre-order.

Great work Giants!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^true comedy
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Guil

Post by Guil »

What on earth is POM?
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Parallax Occlusion Mappping
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Hey, you guys, you forgot the utv and the pallet of cake, which I don’t think has ever actually happened in real life
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Well with farmcon being over the new features list for a 3 year development time is kinda short imo and alot of the features are just mods in the basegame. Idk what to think however i stand where i were before farmcon and that is that im definetly not paying the full price and waiting for a sale and sticking with fs19 until then
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

chedly_farms wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:02 am ^true comedy
Yeah that made me chuckle a little bit too. I'm a big fan of the GPS mods in the Farm Sim series and have felt it very odd that there is no native or simplified version within the he base game for players to use from the off. Farmers have been using GPS in real life for 30 years or so now, so makes you wonder why Giants hasn't add this to their game. They've added tractors and other machines to their game, they don't force us to use horse and carts for our farming after all. They also go out of their way to accurately model the GPS Receivers and Antennas on all their vehicles and equipment, but then provide no actual in game functionality for them to be there. Yet apparently from what we heard at Farm Con GPS is on their plate and it's something they'd like to get too. The worry is that Giant seems to work through that plate the same way I work through my Sunday Roast, by the time I've eaten the awful peas, carrots, cauliflowers, broad beans and other vegies, then eaten my mashed potato, then the yorkshire puddings and then the stuffing, I'm full and stuffed and then can't eat the meat which is the best part of the meal.

However in the absence of GPS again this year, we do get the excellent new feature of Number Plates, and Giants has put hundreds of hours into this and also the Profanity Filter that also needs to come with this so children don't write naughty words on their vehicles. Again I kind of feel if Giants had polled the community and asked what we wanted between GPS and Number Plates, the result would not have been number plates. I know for me Number Plates are not important, because I don't play Farm Sim with my camera zoomed right in to the butt of my vehicles. I play as zoomed out as I can (and then when mods come out and I can zoom out even further I do so) so I'm never going to be able to see the Number Plates on vehicles anyway. So that's a 100% useless feature to me.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Guil wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 am What on earth is POM?
"In Farming Simulator 22, surfaces will appear more realistic and natural. Thanks to Parallax Occlusion Mapping we implemented in the GIANTS Engine 9. Parallax Occlusion will make the terrain and other surfaces in the game look more detailed and dynamic if the feature is turned on in the settings."

It's a tech they hyped in a blog, but didn't bother to demonstrate in farm con videos, other than a tiny patch of gravel that doesn't really look any different.
In the video where they try to show it on a harvested field, they say you can't really see it because of the straw on the field.
In my opinion, the straw should have added even more depth, rather then hiding it.
JWE75

Post by JWE75 »

Lot of great changes already, so game Will Be success If they stop here. No competition or what so ever.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

FarmBoss wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 2:10 pm
Guil wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:04 am What on earth is POM?
"In Farming Simulator 22, surfaces will appear more realistic and natural. Thanks to Parallax Occlusion Mapping we implemented in the GIANTS Engine 9. Parallax Occlusion will make the terrain and other surfaces in the game look more detailed and dynamic if the feature is turned on in the settings."

It's a tech they hyped in a blog, but didn't bother to demonstrate in farm con videos, other than a tiny patch of gravel that doesn't really look any different.
In the video where they try to show it on a harvested field, they say you can't really see it because of the straw on the field.
In my opinion, the straw should have added even more depth, rather then hiding it.
That's the problem with pom. If the underlying texture isn't that great then the depth it adds isn't really noticeable.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

Eonellivlem wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 pm Double fertilizing seems like cheating, not sure if that's how it really works.
When I saw that double slurry spreading, all I could think of was; damn, this time it doesn’t take 10 seconds to empty that tank, but 5!
Ignorance is bliss
cwattyeso

Post by cwattyeso »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:51 pm I've seen a couple mentions of greenhouse improvements. Where is the information about that? I must have missed something.
They spoke about Green Houses during the Production Chains demo and again in yesterdays Q&A portion of the stream. In FS22 your Greenhouses no longer just give you money for having them placed on the map, but instead actually give you products. These products you can sell like any crop, or you can combine them with other crops in Production Chains to produce other items to sell. So for example one of the things we saw was Strawberries, which can be delivered to a Bakery along with other products like Flour, Milk, Butter, Sugar etc and the bakery will then produce cakes which you can sell for even more money.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

cwattyeso wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:19 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:51 pm I've seen a couple mentions of greenhouse improvements. Where is the information about that? I must have missed something.
They spoke about Green Houses during the Production Chains demo and again in yesterdays Q&A portion of the stream. In FS22 your Greenhouses no longer just give you money for having them placed on the map, but instead actually give you products. These products you can sell like any crop, or you can combine them with other crops in Production Chains to produce other items to sell. So for example one of the things we saw was Strawberries, which can be delivered to a Bakery along with other products like Flour, Milk, Butter, Sugar etc and the bakery will then produce cakes which you can sell for even more money.
Ok wow, maybe they heard me after all.
Thanks for the info.
Epicjerni

Post by Epicjerni »

Do we know if the PS5 version will use adaptive triggers or haptic feedback?
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

A lot of the new features were hard to see in the demos I hope they aren't so hard to see in the actual game :D
I'm really looking forward to FS22, from the perspective that I could continue to play FS19 for another few years.
From another perspective though, I think they need to quit trying to include absolutely everyone and every gaming device. I'd say draw the line and start trying to improve game quality. I know they can and are just cutting back features and quality to make sure it works on the minimum required specs, they've said it themselves a few times.
Optimistically though, they seem to have focused more in improvement of existing features than adding additional features, like sound improvement (my personal must have request, I guess they read my post lol) and dx12 support etc... So they seem to be on the right track.