Official FS22 Changes List

MrSquealypig

Official FS22 Changes List

Post by MrSquealypig »

I made a list of changes from FS17 to FS19 a while ago for all the people who claimed 19 was a "copy and paste" of 17 (we couldn't even preview our equipment in the shop!)

I have decided to do the same for FS22. Feel free to post anything I have missed:

Build mode
Branded buildings
New fence building mechanic
Seasons
Production chains
Lumber productions/carpenter
Greenhouses that produce physical product
Livestock breeding
Multiple types of cattle (including for beef)
New brands
New tractor models
New crops (grapes, olives, sorghum)
Two new maps
Updated Erlengrat
Improved landscaping mode
Old tractors in base game
Improved sounds (engines, implement mechanical sounds, production sound effects)
Manual shifting
Improved field textures
Different cultivating methods
Double fertilizing
Combine header angling
Improved straw swathing animations
Improved foliage wind effects
Improved shadows
Improved character customization
Parallax occlusion
Improved water/water reflections
Equipment starter packs
New mod categories/organization
One-click required mod downloading for multiplayer (PC-only)
Reduced multiplayer synchronization time

And more to come!
Last edited by MrSquealypig on Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
njuska11

Re: Official FS22 Changes List

Post by njuska11 »

DEERE317 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:14 am ItS jUsT fS19 rEsKiNnEd WiTh StOlEn MoD fEuTuReS

:lol:

To a certain degree that is true however imo there is nothing wrong with adding favorite mods to basegame but they shouls make those mods even better instead of simplifiying them. And i cannot understand why they dont want to add gps in basegame its a 30 years old tech in farming
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am there is nothing wrong with adding favorite mods to basegame but they shouls make those mods even better instead of simplifiying them.
Modders work for free in their spare time with an unlimited amount of time and resources, whereas Giants employees are paid and have time constraints. That's like expecting a guy who designs business cards for a living to make better art than Van Gogh.

And they also have to water it down so that even people who are casual players can enjoy it, when modders don't have to worry about pleasing anyone.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:38 am
njuska11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:53 am there is nothing wrong with adding favorite mods to basegame but they shouls make those mods even better instead of simplifiying them.
Modders work for free in their spare time with an unlimited amount of time and resources, whereas Giants employees are paid and have time constraints. That's like expecting a guy who designs business cards for a living to make better art than Van Gogh.

And they also have to water it down so that even people who are casual players can enjoy it, when modders don't have to worry about pleasing anyone.
Trust me modder dont have unlimited time and resources most of them are very very busy in private life and have families and real jobs.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:26 am
MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:38 am

Trust me modder dont have unlimited time and resources most of them are very very busy in private life and have families and real jobs.
Yet they still don't have to meet deadlines and are free to make whatever they like, unlike Giants paid employees
michaelr

Post by michaelr »

Great list, a couple more:

One-click download of required mods in multiplayer on PC/Mac, if the mods are on Modhub

Greatly reduced synchronization time when players are joining a multiplayer game
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Real list:
POM
Header angling
Gears and shifting
Maybe production chains (it's a farming sim, this is filler content)

New models would be great, if all are updated to current standards. If not this dosen't really count...

New brands, maps, and crops are expected... So dosen't really count...

Seasons should have been a priority add ages ago, just cause they are finally getting in after modders had to make it for them for last 2 games...

Small improvments in graphics are also expected...

Are physics fixed? Stacked items still going to vibrate? Still able to drift in tractors? Fork tines still get stuck in ground? Pallets still get stuck to fork tines?
Gps??? Just as with seasons, should have been base game ages ago...
How about traction in wet fields?
PC gamer.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

Yeah, I guess it does seem like it's the same game if you just intentionally ignore all 50 of the improvements you personally don't like.

But then again, you're the protagonist of the entire world.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 3:25 pm Yeah, I guess it does seem like it's the same game if you just intentionally ignore all 50 of the improvements you personally don't like.

But then again, you're the protagonist of the entire world.
I guess I missed where he said it was the same game.
It's too bad that somebody pointing out long standing issues is your trigger.
Not everyone considers new features as improvements.
To me, an improvement is making something that exists, better.
For example, Foliage still penetrates solid objects, and was not improved.
Cows also still penetrate solid objects, and was not improved.
I can imagine you driving away in your new car. "I can only roll up 3 of the 4 windows, but who cares, I have a horn. I'm still glad I got this Ford for the same price as a Ferrari".
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

"improved field textures" they're still the wrong bloody textures though.
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

negs
They can improve the field textures all day long, i knew it wasn't coming in 22, but i really would like dynamic terrain.
New brands added and i bet some previous vehicles we had in 19 we don't have in 22. Swings and roundabouts.
Seasons was pretty much expected, after 2 FS editions that had it as a mod it would of been criminal to not add it to 22.(and from what i'm hearing it's only a 3 day season option)
Beef cattle, breeding was in the original seasons mod, so not exactly new feature.
Double fertilizing seems like cheating, not sure if that's how it really works.

pos
New sounds is a massive plus, looking forward to hearing them.
Interested in the gear mechanic but if its fiddly on controller then i'll never use it.
Greenhouses yes sounds like a big improvement.
Equipment starter packs was also very interesting and made me think why this took so long to implement. To be fair i never thought about it so maybe the devs hadn't really either.
Cultivator and harrow now have different results so buying either is now a proper choice.
The new particle effects are better, i just wanted the dev to switch to straw swath to see if that too was improved.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Eonellivlem wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:58 pm They can improve the field textures all day long, i knew it wasn't coming in 22, but i really would like dynamic terrain.
I normally try to avoid these discussions, but this one keeps coming up. I suspect that we are unlikely to see dynamic terrain now or in the near future (if ever). I say this for one very good reason: multiplayer. It was mentioned back when 19 was coming out. The problem with dynamic terrain and multiplayer is that all ground changes have be updated in real time across all players in the session. That's a lot of extra data being thrown around the along with everything else passing between clients. The only way to do it would be to have dynamic terrain for single player games only. I feel that they want to keep the experience consistent between single player and multiplayer, so that is unlikely to happen.

Feel free to disregard this... I have zero interest in starting a fight.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
Eonellivlem

Post by Eonellivlem »

I can see your point and yes i would 100% agree, but everybody would get the dynamic terrain even if it was just for single player and Giants made this clear.
Earnest Pea

Post by Earnest Pea »

Certainly, its an option, but not one that I think they will pursue. They have stated (even at this Farmcon) that prefer a consistent experience. I could be wrong, though.
KnowhutImean?
PC|XB1
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I've seen a couple mentions of greenhouse improvements. Where is the information about that? I must have missed something.