M1 Mac compatibility for FS22

They Caged Non

M1 Mac compatibility for FS22

Post by They Caged Non »

Hi

Has there been any announcements regarding compatibility with the M1 Macs and the new game, currently deciding whether to go console or Mac for the new game.
michaelr

Re: M1 Mac compatibility for FS22

Post by michaelr »

Sadly no mention of this yet, but since the game is stated to be compatible with Mac and all new machines will use Apple Silicon within one year, I think it’s safe to assume that FS22 will support M1 and later.

However, a confirmation would be good, and the system requirements for Mac needs to be updated; E.g. it makes zero sense to mention AMD when there have never been a Mac with AMD cpu.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

michaelr wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:25 pm Sadly no mention of this yet, but since the game is stated to be compatible with Mac and all new machines will use Apple Silicon within one year, I think it’s safe to assume that FS22 will support M1 and later.

However, a confirmation would be good, and the system requirements for Mac needs to be updated; E.g. it makes zero sense to mention AMD when there have never been a Mac with AMD cpu.
Hacintosh
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
They Caged Non

Post by They Caged Non »

michaelr wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:25 pm Sadly no mention of this yet, but since the game is stated to be compatible with Mac and all new machines will use Apple Silicon within one year, I think it’s safe to assume that FS22 will support M1 and later.

Thanks Michael, fully agree with what you say. Hopefully they are creating a version that's truly optimised with the Apple Silicon, I have 2 issues with the console version, 1 being where do I buy a new gen console :) and number 2 being are they creating it for the old gen performance wise so new gen users will suffer. if so id rather use my laptop and a screen to play the game and get the full benefit of the PC version.
Moses195

Post by Moses195 »

I broke down and bought a refurb imac this week, not the fastest but it will do for 22 until the M1 can run it. I farm about 4-7 hours per day for the last 3 years.
Apple82

Post by Apple82 »

Have there been any updates on this yet?