Mini PC Suggestions

cajunmanf450

Mini PC Suggestions

Post by cajunmanf450 »

All I am looking at getting away from my PS4 and going to the PC version. Here is my problem. I travel a lot off shore to drilling rigs and offshore vessels. Most of the time it is by helicopter so I am limited on baggage weight. A gaming laptop is just about out of the question due to the size and weight, I have been debating on a mini pc. Anyone have any input on this.
Cajunmanf450
Oilfield Trash Making Oilfield Cash
Thank you for your support.
Guil

Re: Mini PC Suggestions

Post by Guil »

Gaming laptops are not some behemoth, you will likely get better value in a gaming laptop as opposed to a SFF pc
cajunmanf450

Post by cajunmanf450 »

yeah I am seeing that as much as I hate to get another laptop to tote around when I got to work it looks like that is going to be my best bet dont it.
Cajunmanf450
gordon861

Post by gordon861 »

I think the problem is, unless you go for a proper mini-itx motherboard, small GPU and case which is still going to be bulky. Most of the mini PCs (NUC size) use laptop CPUs but don't have the graphics card options on them.

I did see a review of the ASUS PN50 with Ryzen 5 4500U barebones a while back where they said that it could be used for light gaming and I found this video of the 4300U version where he got 30FPS from Assassins Creed Valhalla with some messing (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOh99u5RRug). There are also a couple of higher spec units using Ryzen 7 CPUs too which might be better.
--------------
Hey Giants, when are you going to pull your head out of your backsides and actually talk to us?
FarmerJohn89

Post by FarmerJohn89 »

You sir need to get a steam deck when it comes out.
cajunmanf450

Post by cajunmanf450 »

thank you all for your comments and suggestions, I am looking into all of them.
Cajunmanf450