Multiplayer Opinions/Advice

FarmerLee73

Multiplayer Opinions/Advice

Post by FarmerLee73 »

So as we come to the end of FS19, well not the end but the start of FS22 I am finding myself very curious about multiplayer. I have clocked up 7.4k hours on 19 but the one thing I have never done is multiplayer and feel I should perhaps at least give it a try before moving on to 22 but have no idea how it works or how to get into it.

I would be interested to hear your experience with multiplayer and if it is any good, I teach people to drive all day long so deal with a lot of teenagers and one of the things that worries me about multiplayer is the mentality of the multiplayer, perhaps I am just scarred from the early days of GTA online!

If I was to try multiplayer how would I go about it? Is it better to buy a server for myself of just join a server? Do you have to "chat" while in a multiplayer? I don't have a mic setup and to be honest I talk all day long so it's nice to come home and shut up!

Or maybe I should just be happy with the game on single player, I just wonder if I am missing anything by not trying multiplayer. :hmm:
cwattyeso

Re: Multiplayer Opinions/Advice

Post by cwattyeso »

I've loved playing Multiplayer in FS19, I started playing on severs run by other people, then found a Streamer who let me join and play on his server with him, which let me get up to speed very quickly and also learn about server hosting and stuff. I then took the plunge and started my own dedicated server and have been running one for the last two years now, changing the maps and mods periodically as we've gone along.

Multiplayer Farming (with the right people) can be definitely more enjoyable and entertaining then just solo single player farming. Having real people to talk to and communicate with whilst your playing, working and assisting each other is great. I've made some friends in real life, from the people I have met and played with in multiplayer.

Communication in game is done via a Text Chat system, brought up by hitting the T key and typing your message to players on the server, there is a little chat window that pops up on the right side of the screen. For me server I set up a voice chat channel on my Discord Server that players on the server connect to when online, so we can talk via our microphones and not have to type our conversation in the chat. Also because I livestream my multiplayer sessions, its a great way to get the other players voices and conversation on the streams for the viewers.

The big thing to remember with Farming Simulator Multiplayer as Lars brought up during Farm Con this week is that Farming Multiplayer is not Competitive by nature. Sure some players and people do add a competitive element to their servers but there isn't any by default. So you definitely won't have the toxic experience you get with online games like GTA or COD or such thing, because players in Farm Sim are not trying to beat anybody, but are being co-operative.
Check out my YouTube Channel for Farming Simulator and other Gaming Let's Plays and Videos at https://www.youtube.com/c/CwattyesoGamingforFun :D

Also be sure to check out my Kick Channel for my Farming Simulator Live Streams and Multiplayer Server at https://www.kick.com/cwattyeso :gamer:

GIANTS SOFTWARE Personal Partner Code: CWATTYESO *thumbsup*
FarmerLee73

Re: Multiplayer Opinions/Advice

Post by FarmerLee73 »

Many thanks for the reply, sounds like something I should get into then!