FS22 GPS

DEERE317

Re: FS22 GPS

Post by DEERE317 »

FarmBoss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:26 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm Technically it's not hard. But, if you look at all of the previous releases, Giants historically shies away from implementing anything they deem as "too difficult for the player base to understand" or "things the player base probably does not really want, apart from a vocal minority on the forums".
The first quote is basically calling the player base dumb.
It’s the same as calling average Joe dumb for not knowing how to change a carb on the weed eater they through away. Plenty know how to, but many don’t.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:24 pm
FarmBoss wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:26 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 1:29 pm Technically it's not hard. But, if you look at all of the previous releases, Giants historically shies away from implementing anything they deem as "too difficult for the player base to understand" or "things the player base probably does not really want, apart from a vocal minority on the forums".
The first quote is basically calling the player base dumb.
It’s the same as calling average Joe dumb for not knowing how to change a carb on the weed eater they through away. Plenty know how to, but many don’t.
Agreed, there are lots of people who don't know how to change a carb on a weed eater, but they still make weed eaters. Plus, there's instructions for changing a carb, just like FS has tutorials for different functions.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I gotta agree with farm boss here, there’s a lot more complicated systems in other video games that are infinitely more popular and cleaning a carb is as simple as remembering where the pieces go when it’s time to put it back together, it sure as hell isn’t rocket science.
Farmercaseih

Post by Farmercaseih »

Both ingame and RL GPS isn't very hard to use... I have run a few different types of autosteer and it is pretty easy to figure out
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah I’ve witnessed some old men who have no computer experience learn grade control on equipment at work. Also on the other end of the spectrum if I’ve learned anything from having a kids they figure technology out perfectly fine and usually much more quickly than I do once they understand the basics. I call BS on the keeping the game simple excuse for this one.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Mwal wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 2:26 am Yeah I’ve witnessed some old men who have no computer experience learn grade control on equipment at work. Also on the other end of the spectrum if I’ve learned anything from having a kids they figure technology out perfectly fine and usually much more quickly than I do once they understand the basics. I call BS on the keeping the game simple excuse for this one.
What do you think is the reason this game is so simple?
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

theSeb wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:21 pm
Personally it’s not an issue of simple or not as I stated the system isn’t complicated. I just think it’s not the direction they want to develop the game and they’re banking on production chains being a catchy addition to the game that might draw in people who have no interest in a purely farming game. I would point to a quote from a giants employee that the seasons cycle was based around the new production chains as evidence of this. I don’t don't see the difference between learning the all the ins and outs of the different production chains but a simplified version of guidance steering being overly complicated. Personally for my own interests I hope it’s a complete failure but we will see. Maybe I should just buy a couple hundred more acres to scratch my farming itch🤷‍♂️
Last edited by Mwal on Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Mwal wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:42 pm
I don’t don't see the difference between learning the all the ins and outs of the different production chains but a simplified version of guidance steering being overly complicated. Personally for my own interests I hope it’s a complete failure but we will see.
This 100%. Production chains are stupid imo. I play a game called Farming Simulator for farming, not for running multiple different industries...

Giants dosen't care about realism at all, they want the game to run more like an arcade. If it wasen't for the glorious modders putting the work in on every release this game would have died a long long time ago...
PC gamer.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Beastbubba wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 pm
I don’t don't see the difference between learning the all the ins and outs of the different production chains but a simplified version of guidance steering being overly complicated. Personally for my own interests I hope it’s a complete failure but we will see.
This 100%. Production chains are stupid imo. I play a game called Farming Simulator for farming, not for running multiple different industries...

Giants dosen't care about realism at all, they want the game to run more like an arcade. If it wasen't for the glorious modders putting the work in on every release this game would have died a long long time ago...
Production chains facilitate console players in enjoying a greater amount of mods that currently they are unable to enjoy because of external scripts, the fact YOU may not enjoy them is totally irrelevant, as many do and many who now are unable will in FS22 get to enjoy them.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I believe you missed the bit that they said IMO which means in my opinion
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Personally it’s not an issue of simple or not as I stated the system isn’t complicated. I just think it’s not the direction they want to develop the game and they’re banking on production chains being a catchy addition to the game that might draw in people who have no interest in a purely farming game. I would point to a quote from a giants employee that the seasons cycle was based around the new production chains as evidence of this. I don’t don't see the difference between learning the all the ins and outs of the different production chains but a simplified version of guidance steering being overly complicated. Personally for my own interests I hope it’s a complete failure but we will see. Maybe I should just buy a couple hundred more acres to scratch my farming itch🤷‍♂️
But why do you think that is not the direction? We have very little in the game that is complicated from a driving or farming point of view. Driving vehicles is simple. Farm operations are simple.

Production chains are easy to understand. We have them in many games already. My guess is that the production mods on modhub have shown good numbers and since they are running out of big brands to add in every iteration, they decided to add some more gameplay systems instead. You are quite right though that a simple GPS should not be difficult to understand. The point is to not expect anything like the current guidance steering, or the previous GPS mod which even had auto turn on headlands and other cool functionality. I really like the precision farming path, but it's just baby steps at the moment
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

Beastbubba wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:16 pm

Obviously you don't know how the modding community works in relation to gaming companies. Gaming companies leave areas of the game for modders to work on..... on purpose.... so to guarantee, and not interfere with... the modding community itself.

To a gaming company, a modding community is the same idea as a "street team" is to a musician. Their purpose is to create fans of their own in respect to, and profit of, the gaming company.

The more Giants adds to their games, the less they leave to their street teams (modders). The last thing Giants should do is squeeze out their own modding community. Giants lays the foundation, the modding community adds some structure, and the game is sold. That's how it works.

To say that the game would have died a long time ago without modders is a redundant statement since the modders wouldn't have anything to mod without the base game, and the base game would be much less without the mods. It's a symbiotic relationship that depends greatly on each other.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

I'm still hoping Giants will add this to the base game, I really miss it on console ...
zildjian45

Post by zildjian45 »

Don't know if it's true, but they say developing one and release in here https://www.fs22modhub.com/fs22-gps-mod/
usfarm2000

Post by usfarm2000 »

I can't believe it! Another Farming Simulator without AutoSteer/GPS (Guidance). Giants, I think everyone of your employees should have to go drive a 60 foot planter or a 100 foot sprayer (in the real world), without gps. Then you would realize how foolish it is to have to wait for a mod to steer our farm equipment.. Please hire Wopster, you need him.

Vintage John Deere 4840 Tractor Using GreenStar GPS Auto Guidance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVs9masU5yw

Please-Please-Please add this to your simulation game in the future.