FS22 GPS

DEERE317

Re: FS22 GPS

Post by DEERE317 »

theSeb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:23 pm At this stage there are already missing gamepad combinations for quite a lot of functions. How do consolers use crab mode for example? Are you guys able to use crab steering, crab left, crab right? None of those functions are bound by default to a controller on the PC. They really need to rethink the control inputs to give players more functionality. Maybe a circular menu that pops out when you hit a button and then you move around and select a function. Loads of games use such a scheme.

I think LB+RB+DP Down is available by default, but I use that for the lower / raise all implements. I use LB + UP to activate guidance steering. I cannot remember what that overwrote.
It’s bound on Pc with XB1 controller, forget the combo though.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
aklein

Post by aklein »

As
cwattyeso wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:37 pm Giants just said in the Q&A portion of Day 3 FarmCon that GPS was something they want to add to the game, it's on their plate of things they want to bring to the game. They just haven't got to it yet as they are working on other things first.
Exactly, I imagine there is a nearly endless feature list of things they would like to get to. They do not have an endless fleet of developers. They are a smaller game developer and as such have limited developer hours so for every new game they must weigh the features on the list with what they feel they have a realistic chance of getting done.

There where hints of gearbox in FS19 but it was not exposed to the user. They also had Def and Fuel split out as different inputs but there was no concept of Def in the game for players to pay attention to. I suspect it was just something they didn't get around to fully implementing. Why didn't Seasons make it into FS19? A mater of time no doubt. I'm not a game developer but I can imagine that the planning process for what has become FS22 started a few weeks after FS19's release. The same for planning of FS19 soon after FS17's release. So the emergence of seasons in the summer of FS17 approx. 9 months after release was still fairly well down the road of FS19 planning.

At the end of the day we still know nothing about the AI Helper Menu that we have seen in the Elm Creek video and in the FS22 game play video. What that might bring? We can speculate from sun up to sun down on what might require a AI Helper Menu in the first place let alone what might be done from within this menu.
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

JWE75 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:11 pm Well we do get a lot other new More important things, so no GPS is fine. Never really need it anyway that much. If they get it someday, fine by me and it's their game no competition and I believe they have solid reasons why no GPS....
I think how important GPS is depends on what type of farming you do and on what type of maps.

GPS is highly beneficial for me in the following scenarios:
  • Putting in or enlarging fields
  • Mowing grass on sections of maps where fields don't exist.
  • Spraying the spotty weeds with the current seasons mod
Most of the other scenarios where I use GPS I could have a helper do it get 90% of it done, but the above cannot be performed by a helper. If I did less big field work, didn't use seasons weeds or hay work, then GPS has less impact.
Guil

Post by Guil »

DEERE317 wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 6:37 pm
theSeb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:23 pm At this stage there are already missing gamepad combinations for quite a lot of functions. How do consolers use crab mode for example? Are you guys able to use crab steering, crab left, crab right? None of those functions are bound by default to a controller on the PC. They really need to rethink the control inputs to give players more functionality. Maybe a circular menu that pops out when you hit a button and then you move around and select a function. Loads of games use such a scheme.

I think LB+RB+DP Down is available by default, but I use that for the lower / raise all implements. I use LB + UP to activate guidance steering. I cannot remember what that overwrote.
It’s bound on Pc with XB1 controller, forget the combo though.
According to my inputbindings it's button 6 and button 11
https://support.xbox.com/en-IE/help/har ... .%E2%80%9D this says that's the menu button and right trigger
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Weird. I have an xb1 controller. I deleted inputbindings and all the mods, so that a default file is created. crab steering modes was not bound and neither were the options to crab left, or crab right. Oh well.

Is raise / lower all implements a thing on the console?
Guil

Post by Guil »

Not as far as I'm aware
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

theSeb wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:54 pm Weird. I have an xb1 controller. I deleted inputbindings and all the mods, so that a default file is created. crab steering modes was not bound and neither were the options to crab left, or crab right. Oh well.

Is raise / lower all implements a thing on the console?
The crab steering selection works fine on my PC with a PS4 controller and no the raise /lower all implements is a PC only mod.
Guil

Post by Guil »

It's not a mod, it's just a keybind that you can add to the controller in settings
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Ritchie wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:44 am The crab steering selection works fine on my PC with a PS4 controller and no the raise /lower all implements is a PC only mod.
Yeah, it's not a mod. It probably is PC only and it's not really documented anywhere, but CTRL+V lowers front and rear implements out of the box. It's particularly useful for mowers.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

Ah right, i stand corrected. Will need to check that out in game later.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

Yes, so functionality is already missing on the console version that is on the PC. Therefore the controller scheme needs a complete overhaul, instead of trying to come up with key combos designed around contortionists.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

theSeb wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:57 pm Therefore the controller scheme needs a complete overhaul, instead of trying to come up with key combos designed around contortionists.
^^This right here^^

I play Kerbal Space Program on console and if you think FS has a lot of odd combos... oh boy!!! :lol: It's handled well though. You can choose between controlling with button combinations or radial menus.

Radial menus would be amazing in FS.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Beastbubba

Post by Beastbubba »

Radial menus would solve a few issues with controls on game pads.

But even w/o that it should be simple enough to put a gps config into the menu. That way you could do the setup functions there and only need 1 button to activate while driving...
PC gamer.
muzickmage

Post by muzickmage »

(About consoles key bindings)

I haven't used a console for gaming since the PS2 (which I still have in a box somewhere), i'm not sure how the newer consoles work...... so just to ask.... can't you use a keyboard with the ps4/ps5. The consoles are pretty much mini computers by now, one would think they would have a USB slot for plug-ins.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

muzickmage wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:42 am (About consoles key bindings)

I haven't used a console for gaming since the PS2 (which I still have in a box somewhere), i'm not sure how the newer consoles work...... so just to ask.... can't you use a keyboard with the ps4/ps5. The consoles are pretty much mini computers by now, one would think they would have a USB slot for plug-ins.
Game has to support it. The console has the option just many developers don’t bother to support it.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.