Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

fenixguy

Re: Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

Post by fenixguy »

I'd also like to see these progressive farmers spray 12+ inch corn with some LSWs on their sprayer tractor. Does that help with yeild?

This whole topic is a joke because anytime someone (like myself) brings up the crazy idea that tractors in a farming game should have customization options besides "wide tires" and "wide tires with weights" it gets met with:

-"But in my area, we have front 3 points, so every tractor ever made should have them"
-"Progressive farmers use LSWs and those who don't are troglodyte Boomers"
-"console bad, spend a month's salary on a video game machine like a responsible adult"
-"America bad! Everybody knows the EU has way more farmland, thus, everyone should model their farm after a 20 hectare dairy farm in _____shirevillepark"
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
chedly_farms

Re: Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

Post by chedly_farms »

DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:41 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:32 pm
garyst wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:25 pm Row crop tires are definitely here to stay in my area since majority of the crops are planted on top of bedded up rows. Using lsw tires would just run over the tops of the rows and destroy your beds. Only see them used on combines as it doesn't matter if the combines run over the tops of the rows because the fields will be re bedded up in the fall or spring before planting.
So what your saying is that, as farmers become more progressive, and implement more "no-til" strategies to be better for the environment, row crop tires actually are more important for that role?
Where did he mention no till? Bedding crops is practical the total opposite of no till.
Basically it’s dragging 2 moldboard plows bottoms facing each other (not exactly but rough idea) at a fixed width to build up a hill/berm which is then planted into. (Kind of like potato planting) and you have to run narrow tires down the valley between them or they’ll be smushed down.
No till and conventional planting may or may not care about row cropduals for planting as pinch rows (rows along the tires) suffer similarly or worse than being ran over (by wide tires/tracks) (or may be better, it’s pretty murky)
And singles/duals handle mud better than duals/triples respectively.
After this, I'm returning you to my blocked list. He didn't mention "no-til" I did. A lot of dudes have their GPS set up so that their tractors follow the exact path all the time to avoid compaction over the rows they plant. I'm just simply adding to his post, about progressive strategies.

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:53 pm I'd also like to see these progressive farmers spray 12+ inch corn with some LSWs on their sprayer tractor. Does that help with yeild?

This whole topic is a joke because anytime someone (like myself) brings up the crazy idea that tractors in a farming game should have customization options besides "wide tires" and "wide tires with weights" it gets met with:

-"But in my area, we have front 3 points, so every tractor ever made should have them"
-"console bad, spend a month's salary on a video game machine like a responsible adult"
-"America bad! Everybody knows the EU has way more farmland, thus, everyone should model their farm after a 20 hectare dairy farm in _____shirevillepark"
Agreed. In the other thread where this topic originated from, my suggestion was not to make row crop the only option, but just to add them as an option in the first place. And I'm not talking about the skinny potato tires and rims that Giants already has on a lot of base game tractors. Giants has a North American rep (that they appointed a month or two ago) for a reason. If they want to connect more with the North American market, I'm offering feedback. If they don't want that feedback, then get rid of the North American rep.
Last edited by chedly_farms on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
garyst

Post by garyst »

garyst wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:25 pm Row crop tires are definitely here to stay in my area since majority of the crops are planted on top of bedded up rows. Using lsw tires would just run over the tops of the rows and destroy your beds. Only see them used on combines as it doesn't matter if the combines run over the tops of the rows because the fields will be re bedded up in the fall or spring before planting.
So what your saying is that, as farmers become more progressive, and implement more "no-til" strategies to be better for the environment, row crop tires actually are more important for that role?
Like what deere317 said. The crops here are planted on top of the rows so not to destroy the rows itself when seedbedding and planting the farmers here still all use row crop tires to fit between the rows without smashing the tops of the beds. I will include a couple pics to show what I mean. Don't really see no-til where I am from. A few farmers tried it for a little while but went back to their old practices. With the amount of rain we get here it just takes too much herbicide to keep the weed pressure down when doing no-til, plus planting the crops on beds help keep the roots of the crops out of standing water when we get a big rain and the water more evenly distributed in the field not just all draining to the low spots. The first picture is the tractor building the rows and the other of him leveling off the tops with a du-all seedbed finisher. The beds will be about 4 to 5 inches tall after they are leveled off.

Last edited by garyst on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomazKo96

Post by TomazKo96 »

fenixguy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:53 pm I'd also like to see these progressive farmers spray 12+ inch corn with some LSWs on their sprayer tractor. Does that help with yeild?

Last time I checed Giants is still Europan company ... so naturally they will base machines and their configs on this region.
I understand you guys have high expectations, but you can only go so far... There could be people demanding South American options and signs, and Austrailan, Japanese, Indian, Russian etc.
All these configrations take time. I would love more than anything if that could happen, but lets be realistic.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TomazKo96 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Last time I checed Giants is still Europan company ... so naturally they will base machines and their configs on this region.
I understand you guys have high expectations, but you can only go so far... There could be people demanding South American options and signs, and Austrailan, Japanese, Indian, Russian etc.
All these configrations take time. I would love more than anything if that could happen, but lets be realistic.
Three years since the last game enough time?

TomazKo96

Post by TomazKo96 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm
You might take in to consideration the size of the company, manpower, all the other features and new things they need to work on. Also with every new FS we get loads and loads of tractors and machines.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

TomazKo96 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:39 pm
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:35 pm
You might take in to consideration the size of the company, manpower, all the other features and new things they need to work on. Also with every new FS we get loads and loads of tractors and machines.
So basically, just let the modders do it. That’s fine. But then allow 5 different versions of Fendt 700 series on the ModHub. Don’t tell Jullian F. Modding that his NA spec version won’t be tested because we already have three Euro versions. That’s all I’m saying.

fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TomazKo96 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:30 pm Last time I checed Giants is still Europan company ... so naturally they will base machines and their configs on this region.
If Giants adds a map based in Australia, Japan, India, or Russia then yeah, it would be nice to include vehicle configurations that make sense in that particular area.

Modders have been cranking out South American and Soviet-era mods like crazy for the last three years. For some reason, US-spec mods have been rolling out slower (although generally higher quality, imo). But my point is, these could have been options from day one.

Does it really take that much larger of a company to add a tire option to a tractor that's already modeled? :hmm:
Last edited by fenixguy on Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

It would be good if the vehicle options were comprehensive: I personally think row-crop wheels are one of the ugliest things you can do to a tractor, but since there are so often functionally pointless choices of tyre manufacturer it seem to be an easy thing to do, along with NA, AU, EU and Anywhere Else warning placards and so on. I would like to see front-loader options on every tractor, up to about MF7700 size at least, and narrow crop-safe tyres, because that makes functional changes.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

This is some of the dumbest stuff I have read in a long time. Row crops aren't going away anytime soon. This progressive farmers will change they minds again in 5 years. In the argument of row crop create more compaction, that's not entirely true, it depends on the weight of everything. Yes, wide tires will spread it out, but there will still be great compaction with all the weight being driven on the ground. You could definitely see it this year with the dry weather. Row crops create functionality a lot here in the states with the different row crops.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
TomazKo96

Post by TomazKo96 »

So Giants confirmed there wont be rowcrop configuratios or what is all that fuss about actually ?
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

The fuss is that Giants won't implement these features into the base game. Then when a modder comes around with these features on a Fendt 700, Giants won't test it because they already allowed 3 versions of a Fendt that are pratically identical. I'm okay with having multiple versions of the same mod. However, don't say no to a mod that comes along to cater to the other side of the world. All this even after they hired an embassador for North America claiming they want to have better communication with the NA fanbase.

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:20 pm
DEERE317 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:41 pm

Where did he mention no till? Bedding crops is practical the total opposite of no till.
Basically it’s dragging 2 moldboard plows bottoms facing each other (not exactly but rough idea) at a fixed width to build up a hill/berm which is then planted into. (Kind of like potato planting) and you have to run narrow tires down the valley between them or they’ll be smushed down.
No till and conventional planting may or may not care about row cropduals for planting as pinch rows (rows along the tires) suffer similarly or worse than being ran over (by wide tires/tracks) (or may be better, it’s pretty murky)
And singles/duals handle mud better than duals/triples respectively.
After this, I'm returning you to my blocked list. He didn't mention "no-til" I did. A lot of dudes have their GPS set up so that their tractors follow the exact path all the time to avoid compaction over the rows they plant. I'm just simply adding to his post, about progressive strategies.
So I’m the 1diot because you mentioned stuff that wasn’t even in what you quoted? He didn’t mention no till, more progressive farmers, or progressive farming strategies, just that in his area they bed crops and have to run row crop duals? To many barley pops Ched?

Or are you just joking (terribly) and I (and probably everyone else) missed it?
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

TomazKo96 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:37 pm So Giants confirmed there wont be rowcrop configuratios or what is all that fuss about actually ?
chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:51 pm The fuss is that Giants won't implement these features into the base game.
To be fair, we don't know that yet about 22. The screenshot of the 9R seemed to be US-spec and didn't have a rear 3-point. That's *maybe* a good sign. Or they could've just pulled a Chad Giants' move and the 9R won't have a 3-point as an option. :lol:

The problem/fuss is when this topic is brought up, the OP is met with "just be happy with what you have". There's a certain highly-regarded community member that has belly-ached about FS19 since it released and how they refuse to play it and all because it wasn't up to their standards (that's a fair point, everyone has their preferences). However, this same community member jokes about people wanting to get rid of the EU warning signs on their tractors. One would require a complete game overhaul, the other would require a toggle in the shop menu.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I thought it was said that Giants wasn't going to implement these features. I misread. That is my bad. However the rest of what I said is still relevant.