Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

GothicKing13

Re: Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

Post by GothicKing13 »

Wait... I just thought about something. I know, I know... bad, I have a headache now. But....... they gave cake productions.....

Where is the Ice Cream? They are doing seasons..... My farmer can't celebrate his birthday every year without CAKE & ICE CREAM.

They also forgot... Pie.
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
b101uk

Re: Giants better make row crop tires and slow moving vehicle signs and option on every machine

Post by b101uk »

by the same token row-crop duals are in general decline in NA, as there is a steady shift more towards the European etc type single tyres and low sidewall (LSW) >1000+ width tyres.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

^not really. Aside from a few youtubers that have been “sponsored” by Scott Sloan and company.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

b101uk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:15 am by the same token row-tcrop duals are in general decline in NA, as there is a steady shift more towards the European etc type single tyres and low sidewall (LSW) >1000+ width tyres.

Haha, there not declining people just see how things go other places because of the Internet and assume it’s gospel, plus they have been running wider tires on tractors since I was a little kid on dairy’s all around me, row crops still are by far the most common thing you will see hell even row crop tracks are blowing up all over, you ever stopped to think why there aren’t fenders on a lot of NA tractors? Also those super wide tires are super….. expensive I would much rather have a set of duals that can sit on a rim until they rot the 90% of the year I don’t need them, and to be honest the only agricultural application I have ever saw those tires you listed on something in use was a payloader that was loading straw onto semis and I get around quite a bit for work and do a bit of custom hauling on the side.
Last edited by Mwal on Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:05 am, edited 3 times in total.
DirectCedar

Post by DirectCedar »

b101uk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:15 am by the same token row-crop duals are in general decline in NA, as there is a steady shift more towards the European etc type single tyres and low sidewall (LSW) >1000+ width tyres.
Hmmmmmm I'm going to have to say it really doesn't look that way when you walk around most parts of North America and look at tractors.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:01 am
b101uk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:15 am by the same token row-tcrop duals are in general decline in NA, as there is a steady shift more towards the European etc type single tyres and low sidewall (LSW) >1000+ width tyres.

Haha, there not declining people just see how things go other places because of the Internet and assume it’s gospel, plus they have been running wider tires on tractors since I was a little kid on dairy’s all around me, row crops still are by far the most common thing you will see hell even row crop tracks are blowing up all over, you ever stopped to think why there aren’t fenders on a lot of NA tractors? Also those super wide tires are super….. expensive I would much rather have a set of duals that can sit on a rim until they rot the 90% of the year I don’t need them, and to be honest the only agricultural application I have ever saw those tires you listed on something in use was a payloader that was loading straw onto semis and I get around quite a bit for work and do a bit of custom hauling on the side.
IF more and more farmers each year who are buying a tractor are deciding not to go with row-crop duels but some other wheel equipment, then by extension that is a decline row-crop duels, this is what tractor manufactures are reporting as a general trend.

now Billy Joe Jim Bob III Jr, a stuck in their ways arable farmer who is buying their first new tractor in 15 years for main-line field work is probably still going to buy a row-crop duels equipped tractor, because that is what he knows and he doesn't like change.

on the other hand more progressive farmers who have an interest in reducing ground compaction tend to have a different view, now sure LSW are expensive (but they are more edge case than 750 to 900 rears), but so are wages, fuel, wearing metal and time if you have to make extra passes over your thousands of acres sooner every few years to combat compaction, when you consider a 900 rear tyre generally compacts ground less than a pair of row-crop duels, while an LSW generally compacts less than row-crop triples, while dual 900 less than row-crop quads in terms of MFWD tractors.
fenixguy

Post by fenixguy »

b101uk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:15 am by the same token row-crop duals are in general decline in NA, as there is a steady shift more towards the European etc type single tyres and low sidewall (LSW) >1000+ width tyres.
1000+ width tires should be an option just like row-crop duals. But they are not, unless a modder adds them. Which is the whole point of this thread.

LSWs make sense in certain applications, tracks make sense in certain applications, row-crop duals make sense in certain applications... That's why they're all offered as options.
FS22 is the best one yet. Fight me!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

b101uk wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:33 am
IF more and more farmers each year who are buying a tractor are deciding not to go with row-crop duels but some other wheel equipment, then by extension that is a decline row-crop duels, this is what tractor manufactures are reporting as a general trend.

now Billy Joe Jim Bob III Jr, a stuck in their ways arable farmer who is buying their first new tractor in 15 years for main-line field work is probably still going to buy a row-crop duels equipped tractor, because that is what he knows and he doesn't like change.

on the other hand more progressive farmers who have an interest in reducing ground compaction tend to have a different view, now sure LSW are expensive (but they are more edge case than 750 to 900 rears), but so are wages, fuel, wearing metal and time if you have to make extra passes over your thousands of acres sooner every few years to combat compaction, when you consider a 900 rear tyre generally compacts ground less than a pair of row-crop duels, while an LSW generally compacts less than row-crop triples, while dual 900 less than row-crop quads in terms of MFWD tractors.
I’m sure glad the grand council of progressive tractor owners makes those reports to you so you enlighten us with with that information. I’m just not going to waste my time with with someone who based there argument off “then by extension”.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

Mwal wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:03 pm I’m sure glad the grand council of progressive tractor owners makes those reports to you so you enlighten us with with that information. I’m just not going to waste my time with with someone who based there argument off “then by extension”.
I am basing my argument on the growing trend that tractor etc and tyre/wheel manufactures are reporting based on the options people are picking buying new tractors and the growth seen amongst farmers ordering wider tyres and wheels for their existing equipment.

just are there is a trend of farmers who have in the past purchased 400HP to 500HP 4WD and who are not thinking about upgrading their working widths any time soon picking the top end MFWD tractors over 4WD in that power category, as they offer a more versatile solution for year round use, this is simply because it has only been the past few years that ~440HP to ~520HP MFWD have been around.

tell me, who is more likely to try change amongst farmers, someone who is more progressive in their thinking on farming, or someone who is more traditionalist in their thinking on farming, I would wager the former more so than the latter.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Would @DiaryDeere like to give a view into his area of Washington? I remember him mentioning Metric singles and duals being almost exclusively used.
And from my viewing (BTP, Farmhand Mike) metric singles are pretty common on machines being bought/used for dairy/hay and forage. Flotation in a narrow width and no need to straddle row crops.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I'm pretty sure row crop tires are not getting phased out in the next ten years, so I think it's safe to say Giant's included them as an option is not a dumb idea. :rolleyesnew:

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:15 pm I'm pretty sure row crop tires are not getting phased out in the next ten years, so I think it's safe to say Giant's included them as an option is not a dumb idea. :rolleyesnew:
Probably never will as long as “wide” rows are getting used to plant crops.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
garyst

Post by garyst »

Row crop tires are definitely here to stay in my area since majority of the crops are planted on top of bedded up rows. Using lsw tires would just run over the tops of the rows and destroy your beds. Only see them used on combines as it doesn't matter if the combines run over the tops of the rows because the fields will be re bedded up in the fall or spring before planting.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

garyst wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:25 pm Row crop tires are definitely here to stay in my area since majority of the crops are planted on top of bedded up rows. Using lsw tires would just run over the tops of the rows and destroy your beds. Only see them used on combines as it doesn't matter if the combines run over the tops of the rows because the fields will be re bedded up in the fall or spring before planting.
So what your saying is that, as farmers become more progressive, and implement more "no-til" strategies to be better for the environment, row crop tires actually are more important for that role?

DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

chedly_farms wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:32 pm
garyst wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:25 pm Row crop tires are definitely here to stay in my area since majority of the crops are planted on top of bedded up rows. Using lsw tires would just run over the tops of the rows and destroy your beds. Only see them used on combines as it doesn't matter if the combines run over the tops of the rows because the fields will be re bedded up in the fall or spring before planting.
So what your saying is that, as farmers become more progressive, and implement more "no-til" strategies to be better for the environment, row crop tires actually are more important for that role?
Where did he mention no till? Bedding crops is practical the total opposite of no till.
Basically it’s dragging 2 moldboard plows bottoms facing each other (not exactly but rough idea) at a fixed width to build up a hill/berm which is then planted into. (Kind of like potato planting) and you have to run narrow tires down the valley between them or they’ll be smushed down.
No till and conventional planting may or may not care about row cropduals for planting as pinch rows (rows along the tires) suffer similarly or worse than being ran over (by wide tires/tracks) (or may be better, it’s pretty murky)
And singles/duals handle mud better than duals/triples respectively.