The effect of weather on vehicles in FS22

faruk9154

The effect of weather on vehicles in FS22

Post by faruk9154 »

Will there be snow accumulation and rain drops on the upon vehicles? :confusednew:
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
GothicKing13

Re: The effect of weather on vehicles in FS22

Post by GothicKing13 »

I like this question, they made the windscreen wipers work in FS19... I do hope they put something behind them this time around. It looks so awkward with them going back and fourth on a dry window, be nice to have the body of the vehicle to be wet as well.

Another question I have... is are they separating "Maintenance/Paint" this time around as well. I hope they have it set the way Realismus did with Seasons19. Where we could "repair" the vehicle... but, at the same time. We kept our scratches. So the equipment and vehicles actually looked older and, well... used. :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
SimpleFarmer

Post by SimpleFarmer »

Good topic, I have envisioned the raindrops and water out of Forza that splash on the window :) I prefer rainy days in FS19 over sunny, and really like to see the improvements to how rain is handled being talked about in the next game.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

But there is no official answer. :/
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 pm But there is no official answer. :/
Given you posted the thread nearly two hours after GIANTS usually clock off around Europe, it's not surprising you've not had an answer, if they even want to reply at all.

Thus far we've seen rain from inside a cab (sound video I think, demonstrating cab and wiper sounds) and there was no visual effect of rain on the windscreen. It would be nice, but I'd imagine the vast majority play from the imaginary floating camera outside the cab, so it's unlikely it will be a priority.

File alongside IC, VR and force feedback.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:33 pm
faruk9154 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:10 pm But there is no official answer. :/
Given you posted the thread nearly two hours after GIANTS usually clock off around Europe, it's not surprising you've not had an answer, if they even want to reply at all.

Thus far we've seen rain from inside a cab (sound video I think, demonstrating cab and wiper sounds) and there was no visual effect of rain on the windscreen. It would be nice, but I'd imagine the vast majority play from the imaginary floating camera outside the cab, so it's unlikely it will be a priority.

File alongside IC, VR and force feedback.
Don't the Giants already see these notifications on the forum?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

They can log on when they want just like any other member (as Stegei did on Sunday to post in the MTA thread), but if you've spent all day working on Farming Simulator I doubt you want to go home and discuss Farming Simulator.

Still, I wouldn't expect a reply either way. Companies don't like discussing features that are in or out of games and certainly not 4 months away from release unless the feature is essentially finished. It's something GIANTS did with FS19 and it came back to bite them on that occasion.
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:51 pm They can log on when they want just like any other member (as Stegei did on Sunday to post in the MTA thread), but if you've spent all day working on Farming Simulator I doubt you want to go home and discuss Farming Simulator.

Still, I wouldn't expect a reply either way. Companies don't like discussing features that are in or out of games and certainly not 4 months away from release unless the feature is essentially finished. It's something GIANTS did with FS19 and it came back to bite them on that occasion.
How do you know it won't? You made the definitive diagnosis by looking at the gameplay videos. But you don't know the Giants plan.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:10 pm
How do you know it won't? You made the definitive diagnosis by looking at the gameplay videos. But you don't know the Giants plan.
What do you mean? :confusednew: