What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

punchi

Re: What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Post by punchi »

njuska11 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am Pretty much everything has been revealed more or less. Game comes out in less than 2 months now its only polishing and squashing bugs pretty much.
So what about the hired helper menu? They just added it for fun right? :D
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

punchi wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:10 am So what about the hired helper menu? They just added it for fun right? :D
Who knows, but if you're expecting a big change to helpers (in terms of how they work) it looks like you're going to be disappointed judging by the short example we've seen so far. It's probably just a means of choosing helpers, trying to emulate consistent employees to a degree.

I'll be quite annoyed if it's the only way to hire a helper though. Sometimes I hire a helper just to line up a row properly, so a quick tap of the 'H' key (on PC), let them drive for a few metres to get the correct angle, then another quick tap to disable them again (kind of like an extremely basic GPS in terms of direction). If I have to go in and out of menus just to do that I won't be happy.

Now that the 'H' key brings up a menu I hope there's a shortcut to quickly hire a helper too (CTRL+H for example).

It's OK on the GIANTS maps where everything in game is perfectly aligned to 45 degrees, so all you need is the compass, but it's more of an issue on modmaps where fields are often not simply NESW and irregular in shape, especially now MTA is part of the base game.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I could be wrong but if they had made a major improvement to the AI then I would have thought that we would have heard about it by now given how it has always been poor in previous versions.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

norfolk farmer wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:52 am I could be wrong but if they had made a major improvement to the AI then I would have thought that we would have heard about it by now given how it has always been poor in previous versions.
It's frustrating itself as "more realistic AI" was one of the few things explicitly mentioned in the announcement of FS22. There's zero evidence of anything different so far.

If GIANTS idea of "more realistic AI" is consistent characters and a long-winded way of using them then they should be questioning themselves.

Don't get me wrong, consistent helpers would be good, as would proper employees and how they engage with the game in and out of the tractors, but their behaviour in the field should be the priority.

They shouldn't drive through hedges, get stuck on fences or other objects, they should leave space for headlands (tool dependant) and actually work headlands themselves, work around obstacles in fields (like telegraph poles, tree islands, felled trees and even equipment left strewn about) and they certainly should never reverse a combine through the crops. All of those ought to be improved before they try to land proper employees on us. It's slightly worrying that the unmentionable game was better in this regard, despite all its issues elsewhere.

I think the only decent AI changes from when I started playing (FS2011) is that they usually don't collide with objects (it still happens though, especially when turning) and that they can now work grass. They really ought to be more advanced by now, steadily improving and with new skills with every game.

They also mentioned richer worlds in the same article though, and what have we got? Deer that spawn out of thin air and aren't confirmed to be in the final game. I suppose the environment sounds should be improved, which will help to a small degree in that regard.

Still, I'll wait and see what is announced, then if necessary add a detailed post about them in the constructive feedback thread.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Yes they announced improved ai but in a presentation video with a small massey baler helper with a combine was still reversing trough the crops in field so who knows what is actually improved here not much as it seems
lonny

Post by lonny »

What I hope to find in the game as a console (Playstation) player:
  • Configuration setting for the dead zone of the analog sticks. For some reason, the vehicle steering is hyper sensitive (even on 50%). In addition with a way too big (not changeable) dead zone, this makes driving in straight lines on a field an annoying thing to do.
  • Using my Logitech G29 wheel, not having to use the break pedal to drive backwards. I can not do that!
  • Also when using a wheel, having a configuration setting for the dead zone of the pedals. With my G29, there is no standing still. A vehicle will always roles backwards very slowly. No racing game has that problem (brake lights would be on), because all racing games have dead zone settings. For good reasons.
lonny

Post by lonny »

this_is_gav wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:38 am I'll be quite annoyed if it's the only way to hire a helper though. Sometimes I hire a helper just to line up a row properly, so a quick tap of the 'H' key (on PC), let them drive for a few metres to get the correct angle, then another quick tap to disable them again (kind of like an extremely basic GPS in terms of direction). If I have to go in and out of menus just to do that I won't be happy.
Since there is no GPS mod for console, I thought only console players are doing this! Afterwards staring at the compass with its white, often not readable font, because auto-steer is a feature, that will be invented in a future far, far away. :frown:
Bryan83

Post by Bryan83 »

Something I've noticed is missing, I don't see any mention of Bourgault moving over to '22. Anybody have any info on that?
Join us on the FS Community Trader. As featured on MrSealyP's Lukahs Island let's play.

Please forgive me, I am but a lowly console player (XB1)
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Bryan83 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:37 pm Something I've noticed is missing, I don't see any mention of Bourgault moving over to '22. Anybody have any info on that?
I haven't even notice it yet. But it might come as a mod I suppose... :confusednew:
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
xClawx28

Post by xClawx28 »

They still have a lot of equipment and bands they have not show or told us about. we will only know everything that coming to the game the Friday before the release it.
FS 13 PC. FS17 Xbox. FS19 PC. FS22 PC
I'm xClaw Modding.
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

njuska11 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 am Pretty much everything has been revealed more or less. Game comes out in less than 2 months now its only polishing and squashing bugs pretty much.
So now we've found out we're getting multiple ground states that need to be treated differently. Thats another new feature. I personally am quite excited about that.
deerefarm

Post by deerefarm »

You're right for Giants all there is left to do is polishing and squashing bugs. But you're wrong on the "everything has been revealed" side. Since your post there have been several new things announced. The rocking and rolling fact sheet that shows us, mulching, Stone picking (which we knew about) rolling rocks, and other benefits of rolling a field. New field textures a methane tractor and a few high end forestry machines that weren't in the previous game.
I suspect Giants has a few more surprises up their sleeves. Most companies save the best till last, but I have no idea what it could be.

As for AI helpers I really hope they have improved them and they do indeed work more efficiently. I mainly "solo" play and like big farms. So there are quite a few maps I haven't tried due to the field layout's in 19. Right now I'm on Welker farms and the field layouts are perfect for helps (98% of the time) and as such I can have helpers both harvesting and planting.
Have been playing FS since FS 2011 came out and still going strong. *thumbsup*
Check out Dairy Air Farms https://www.youtube.com/c/DairyAirFarms
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

deerefarm wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:39 am As for AI helpers I really hope they have improved them and they do indeed work more efficiently. I mainly "solo" play and like big farms. So there are quite a few maps I haven't tried due to the field layout's in 19. Right now I'm on Welker farms and the field layouts are perfect for helps (98% of the time) and as such I can have helpers both harvesting and planting.
They've been silent about the AI helper and specifically mentioned that they would not make any comments about it during the presentation.
Hopefully we'll get to see it in action before release on a preview video.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

george.earlslight wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:42 am They've been silent about the AI helper and specifically mentioned that they would not make any comments about it during the presentation.
I'm slightly worried about the hired helpers. If they'd improved in any meaningful way I'd have thought they would have shown it off by now (even just leaving a hint in the background somewhere). Instead all we've seen is a combine reversing through crops exactly like they do in FS19, in which case that announcement article is a downright misleading lie.

I've also said recently that I don't want the hired helpers to be nerfed to being behind a menu. That works if they're intelligent and can do things like headlands first, but if they've been moved them behind a menu just so we can keep consistent helpers it is a backwards step from a gameplay perspective, unless another hotkey can start and stop them quickly like before. Gameplay must come before roleplay.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

this_is_gav wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:50 am I'm slightly worried about the hired helpers. If they'd improved in any meaningful way I'd have thought they would have shown it off by now (even just leaving a hint in the background somewhere). Instead all we've seen is a combine reversing through crops exactly like they do in FS19, in which case that announcement article is a downright misleading lie.

I've also said recently that I don't want the hired helpers to be nerfed to being behind a menu. That works if they're intelligent and can do things like headlands first, but if they've been moved them behind a menu just so we can keep consistent helpers it is a backwards step from a gameplay perspective, unless another hotkey can start and stop them quickly like before. Gameplay must come before roleplay.
I'm also worried that we'll get a half-finished system like what the terrain tool was on FS19 debut.
Didn't want to be negative in this post, but it seems I'm not the only skeptical person.