What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

blue_painted

Re: What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Post by blue_painted »

I'm looking forward to something I heard as a throw-away, one sentence answer in the FarmCon Q&A ... "There won't be a mod conversion from FS19 to FS22 as the XML is very similar (unchanged?)" ... so hopefully the important mods will get into FS22 comparatively quickly.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

That does sound likely, but hopefully GIANTS also allow a little leeway and lift the sometimes restrictive 'one mod per model' guideline, so that as well as relatively quick mod conversions modders can also create new models to take advantage of FS22's new features.

Mod conversions are fine if the base model is recent and well done, but their comes a time when you've got to let go of some conversions. There are some based off FS2013 and even FS2011 mods, and it certainly shows.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 12:43 am ( 8-<
Mod conversions are fine if the base model is recent and well done, but their comes a time when you've got to let go of some conversions. There are some based off FS2013 and even FS2011 mods, and it certainly shows.
That's very true, although I was thinking more of functionality mods: QUickCamera, Courseplay, AutoDrive and so on ... and we don't know how many of these will still be needed.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

For me it has to be:

1: Audio/Sounds, the work they've done with proper engine/gearbox sounds, in depth equipment sounds (trailer on farmcon), interior sounds, is just amazing, and will change the game far more than people realise. Sound is a huge immersion and Fs19 has very little of that.

2: GIANTS new, open attitude, listening to feedback and actually implementing ideas from the community, is very welcome, and gone is the [WONT FIX] defensive attitude that Fs19 had at the beginning.

3: Game engine improvements, with things like directX12 support, better use of multi-cores, Occlusion culling, POM, will make for a far better optimized game allowing for more detail and gives us modders huge scope.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

blue_painted wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:38 am That's very true, although I was thinking more of functionality mods: QUickCamera, Courseplay, AutoDrive and so on ... and we don't know how many of these will still be needed.
Oh, they're pretty complex script mods, so we've no idea how much will need changing there until the script documentation is released and modders have the game in their hands. They are unlikely to be easy conversions, but again it depends on how much scripting has changed.

The XML format mentioned were for vehicle and implement conversions, where presumably the I3D and XML files from FS19 still correlate in most areas and will need minimal tweaks. Modders will still need to implement new sounds and a gearing system for vehicles.
GothicKing13

Post by GothicKing13 »

BulletBill wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:23 am For me it has to be:

2: GIANTS new, open attitude, listening to feedback and actually implementing ideas from the community, is very welcome, and gone is the [WONT FIX] defensive attitude that Fs19 had at the beginning.
For me, this line here... is still "to be determined." Although, I will agree that I do love GIANTS Software's new open attitude to the community and they are actually opening up with the fans a bit more now. So, maybe... just maybe that leave from Focus Home is what they needed after all. "BUT... the (WON'T FIX) mentality" that we'll see how their colors truly show once FS22 actually releases. When the bug reports start coming in. I have faith in them, but... I am not letting them off the hook that fast. So much stuff was "WON'T FIX" with FS19. We shall see if they've truly changed come November! :hi:
GOTHICKING13 With every deed, you are sowing a seed. Though the harvest, you may not see.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

GothicKing13 wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 1:25 pm
BulletBill wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:23 am For me it has to be:

For me, this line here... is still "to be determined." Although, I will agree that I do love GIANTS Software's new open attitude to the community and they are actually opening up with the fans a bit more now. So, maybe... just maybe that leave from Focus Home is what they needed after all. "BUT... the (WON'T FIX) mentality" that we'll see how their colors truly show once FS22 actually releases. When the bug reports start coming in. I have faith in them, but... I am not letting them off the hook that fast. So much stuff was "WON'T FIX" with FS19. We shall see if they've truly changed come November! :hi:
Definitely wait and see.

I've done a few [WON'T FIX] myself, but those were mostly/always? because feature A was insisted on, and when I point out that precludes feature B, and then later the bug report is "Feature B missing/not working" that's when I'd do a [WON'T FIX] ... what I really mean is there may be a solid reason behind [WON'T FIX] beyond just bloody-mindeness.

adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

As of currently with mods, I can set an open cattle range anywhere on my map that I own land.

I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that with their new future allowing you to set your fence perimeter exactly how you want it you could set the pen inside after you were done.

Again, that's an assumption. And going off another assumption that a mod maker will bring an open pasture mod to FS22.
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
adammac5858

Post by adammac5858 »

this_is_gav wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:45 pm
adammac5858 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:38 pm I have to agree with the fences. Being able to click and drag to set up my fence perimeter and place gates to make my own cattle pin is amazing.
That appears not to be the case. Animal pens were listed separately in one of the blog entries, suggesting they are still pre-determined and that you can't make your own custom ones in game, which if true is a missed opportunity.
I totally meant to quote you so you'd be notified, my bad Gav!

PS-It is GIANTS job to pop my bubble, not yours :wink3: :lol:
FS17 on PS4
FS19 on Xbox Series X.
Xbox: Macdizzle58
Also logging some hours in Flight Simulator
Modders: THANK. YOU.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

I am completely looking forward to the improved AI -
- pedestrians that look both ways and wait for traffic to pass before crossing the road
- drivers that stop correctly at junctions and give way / yield correctly
- a check box in Settings for "drive on right / drive on left" adjustments for on-map traffic
- drivers that pull to the side of the road when a large wide load is coming towards them in a narrow lane
[/dream]

I'm also looking forward to a moderated mod hub where mod authors MUST provide all info lines in the description on modhub (e.g. price, road speed, working speed, capacity, hp required, attachments required (weights etc), daily maintenance cost for buildings, full ingest list and revenues table (for BGAs), etc. You know - all the info you want to know before installing the mod (including slot counts for the console players, or download size for PC players).

I'm also looking forward to fence and wall mods not having stupid high large factory mortage payments as daily maintenance for each fence or wall piece. I saw one recently - 2-metre wood fence £1000 to buy and £75 daily maintenance o.O Also saw simple concrete wall sileage bunker £150,000 to place with £180 daily maintenance. That's UK Pounds Sterling, not Japanese Yen ffs! Ever wonder why mods get low ratings and low download numbers?
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
Guil

Post by Guil »

TheGazbeard wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:51 am
I'm also looking forward to fence and wall mods not having stupid high large factory mortage payments as daily maintenance for each fence or wall piece. I saw one recently - 2-metre wood fence £1000 to buy and £75 daily maintenance o.O Also saw simple concrete wall sileage bunker £150,000 to place with £180 daily maintenance. That's UK Pounds Sterling, not Japanese Yen ffs! Ever wonder why mods get low ratings and low download numbers?
To be fair those figures are still tiny given that you can make a huge amount of money in game, even with just the bunker. Feeding a BGA that processes 50k silage per day. Even one hard it would still be a minimun of about 300 per 1k
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

this_is_gav
That appears not to be the case. Animal pens were listed separately in one of the blog entries, suggesting they are still pre-determined and that you can't make your own custom ones in game, which if true is a missed opportunity.
On the subject of custom animal area's,

If you go back to FS17 to create an animal area you had to paint the area in GE (method can still be used in FS19) on to an info layer which was saved as a grle file (basically a multilayer image)

So with the advent of the terraforming and painting now available ingame why can't the same method be used for animal area's.

i.e. Select animal type, paint area to be used when complete activate by a specific input binding.

You would also have to have the ability to delete the area and recreate should you wish to change the location
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I'm looking forward to it not being FS19, and hoping it draws me in like FS17 did. *thumbsup*
DurazellpcGaming

Post by DurazellpcGaming »

Really excited for the improved graphics of the characters and terrain. Might have looked to closely, appeared they were holding a cell phone. That would be a cool addition for sure. Be able to leave messages to those offline in Multiplayer about work to be done or what you have done while they were gone.
Hope that there is GPS implemented by Giants itself. If not, the mod works great either way. So much to look forward to.

1) Would love to see GPS in new expansion

2) Like to see more landscaping options that are more detail oriented.

3) Love to see some building pieces. Such as for barns, houses and the like. Make your farm feel more like its yours.

4) A bit more of a customizable UI would be great. Add or remove details if wanted. Also, ability to change color of UI info.

5) Pray that Giants keeps listening to community and their Modders. The modders are a great big part of this Community.

So much we are all awaiting and excited to see.
MrSquealypig

Post by MrSquealypig »

electric telehandler