What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Riven326

Re: What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Post by Riven326 »

Nothing until it's out long enough to get some high quality mods.
iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

TheGazbeard wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:51 am I am completely looking forward to the improved AI -
Don’t expect too much of that.

Before FS19 released they also said AI workers were improved…

Maybe their noses were better shaped, but they still work like they’re drunk.
Like plowing the field next to the one you assigned them too.
Or leaving parts untouched
Ignorance is bliss
Simon738

Post by Simon738 »

Oxys Calmsden using parallax and the new tractor physics/sounds
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

What I'm looking forward to, or is even absolutely necessary (for me personally) is a mod to change seasons length to more than 3 days, since Giants seemingly can't figure that out for them selves.
If the options are to play without seasons changing, or every season being a endless day, then wake me up when FS25 or whatever is announced.

(Sorry, I actually look forward to the new game, I just cannot fathom how anyone thought 3 days locked was a good idea, and apparently we who like longer seasons length don't deserve beautiful sunsets)

But the sounds will probably be nice!
Last edited by Hoffa82 on Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ChiefContractor

Post by ChiefContractor »

Hoffa82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:28 pm What I'm looking forward to, or is even absolutely necessary (for me personally) is a mod to change seasons length to more than 3 days, since Giants seemingly can't figure that out for them selves.
If the options are to play without seasons changing, or every season being a endless day, then wake me up when FS25 or whatever is announced.
well said
Hello! I'm a PC gamer now! Care to join my server for Realistic and Fun Farming simulator 19 multiplayer?
If so, click here -> https://discord.gg/KnEzWm32tF
GodfleshNL

Post by GodfleshNL »

Paralax shading is nothing "new" and "groundbreaking" like GAINTS want you too believe.

Skyrim had paralax shading mods too ...and that game is 10 YEARS OLD.

People shouldn't be too exited for FS22...not a lot of truly new stuff there really.
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

Not sure who would do this Giants or Map Modders or both, but farms to let rather than buy and become a tenant farmer would be a new angle, also other farmers look after there own land but we never see them working, to see random machines working would add a lot more realism to the game. they won't be in the FS22, but in the future updates they might be there.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

blackiecat wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 9:06 am Not sure who would do this Giants or Map Modders or both, but farms to let rather than buy and become a tenant farmer would be a new angle, also other farmers look after there own land but we never see them working, to see random machines working would add a lot more realism to the game. they won't be in the FS22, but in the future updates they might be there.
I think the problem with that is how would they get there. For example, I can't see there being a way to allow AI farmers to drive a combine and header to a field, open a gate, detach the trailer, manoeuvre to attach the header and then start harvesting. It's all probably doable, but making it look realistic while working with tight mod maps would be a mammoth task. I think it's probably fair to say that dev time could be better spent.

It would be more likely that such a feature would require equipment to spawn in the field (like the missions in FS17), but that creates as many problems with tight mod maps, with equipment often needing to spawn well inside the field. That's why many realistic mod maps in FS17 only had a few fields which were set up for missions.

The other issue is that the most poly-heavy things in the game are 1) tractors/combines and 2) implements. If you had AI workers in other fields then you'd have to allow slot allocations for them. That and the processing power needed for helpers (potentially dozens of them at any one point).
blackiecat

Post by blackiecat »

I suppose a easier idea would be to just place a few different machines in the fields to look a though they where doing something and if you bought the field they would go, the tenant farmer idea would be possible with a option to buy if you made enough money.
Deora

Post by Deora »

I'm really looking forward to the Krampe Halfpipe tipper/dumptrailer. Normally these are used for the transport of sand and gravel. Not for crops. Perhaps intended for the rock picker. Or that there will be something else to do with earthmoving.
FS19 and FS22 on PS4
Jagtractor

Post by Jagtractor »

one word. Versatile!
my time has come.
PC and PS4 Pro
been playing on pc lately.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

The new build mode, grapes, productions, and all the other backend features they're putting in. I'm also curious to see how production are scripted
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
aussepom

Post by aussepom »

hi I would like to see a return to the F17 breading where when your animals bread the produces off spring then you take them to market. a return of trixie tri tractor. A better follow me,
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

aussepom wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 4:10 pm hi I would like to see a return to the F17 breading where when your animals bread the produces off spring then you take them to market. a return of trixie tri tractor. A better follow me,
I don't recall bread in FS17, but there is a bakery to make bread in FS22 production chains, I think.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Simon738 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:35 pm Oxys Calmsden using parallax and the new tractor physics/sounds
Same here. Apart from the pom textures. I don't know why giants big them up so much they've been around in other games for years and probably won't even feature in the last gen console ports. Same thing with multi terrain angle.