What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

ASOLANDRI

Re: What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Hoffa82 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:28 pm

(Sorry, I actually look forward to the new game, I just cannot fathom how anyone thought 3 days locked was a good idea, and apparently we who like longer seasons length don't deserve beautiful sunsets)

The 3 Day seasons is what turns me off.

Why?

• Because if I have to harvest a crop thats even a day of a harvest season and it rains it gonna die.
  • If its the hay season and its 3 days of rain I can't mow it I'll have to wait until Early to Mid Autumn.

The Conclusion

I really think having seasons locked to 3 day seasons is just... A horrible idea. *thumbsdown* But maybe having to choose the season length by picking 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, and 24 day season and then its permanent therefore you can't change it. :gamer: *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Pretty sure everyone has already discussed this in multiple threads, and it's beating a dead horse

sigh
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

Also, I don’t think it’ll be too long before there’s a mod to allow longer seasons. I don’t like the idea of 3 day seasons any more than anyone else does, but I’m not going to panic. I’ll enjoy it for what it is, and look forward to what modders make.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:26 pm Looking forward to the "wait until it's discounted" crowd being absent from the forum so I don't have to read the whining in every thread.
Whining about people whining. Smart.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Luftkopf wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:32 am Also, I don’t think it’ll be too long before there’s a mod to allow longer seasons. I don’t like the idea of 3 day seasons any more than anyone else does, but I’m not going to panic. I’ll enjoy it for what it is, and look forward to what modders make.
Giants has pretty much confirmed that is what they're expecting, a modder to come along and fix it for them.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:18 pm
MrSquealypig wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:26 pm Looking forward to the "wait until it's discounted" crowd being absent from the forum so I don't have to read the whining in every thread.
Whining about people whining. Smart.
Well, it makes a change from whining the same old same old "GIANTS are so manure " . . . .

(edit: "manure" for "c--p")
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Hoffa82

Post by Hoffa82 »

Yes, I think it's pointless to discuss the 3-day season ting anymore, if the message hasn't come across to Giants by now.. well, I think they're aware what some people think about it.
That said, I'm looking forward for the new game, sounds and gearboxes will be, fo me at least, a game changer.
DMZ Commander

Post by DMZ Commander »

Maybe...just maybe....they compensated the weather system for 3 days seasons and the rain will only last, say 20 min, real time, regardless of the time scale set? I know I changed my gameplay on FS19 to 3 days seasons at x1 scale since the announcement of 3 day seasons in FS22 and haven't had any issues yet
PC Master Race
Phanteks Enthoo Elite
Z590 Godlike
i9 11900k
RTX 3090
64GB Ram
x2 2TB SSD
Oddyssey Neo G9
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Hoffa82 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:55 pm Yes, I think it's pointless to discuss the 3-day season ting anymore, if the message hasn't come across to Giants by now.. well, I think they're aware what some people think about it.
That said, I'm looking forward for the new game, sounds and gearboxes will be, fo me at least, a game changer.
I think you are largely right -- all those, like me, who have already commented on how bad the 3-day season cycles thing is/will be have had their say, but I think new people stating their opinion might still be useful.

I like the new sounds and although it's very much eye-candy, I like the greater variety of player appearance, and I'm hoping/expecting that will feature for hired workers and the like.

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

Dairydeere wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:39 am Pretty sure everyone has already discussed this in multiple threads, and it's beating a dead horse

sigh
new players are just learning about it
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours
Cokey

Post by Cokey »

What im most interested in is the stuff that hasnt been revealed yet. We still have 2 months to go and i think the best stuff hasnt been announced yet. The first reveals were to be honest a bit meh, but as more stuff is unvieled the interest is growing and i dont think theyve played all of their cards yet so to speak.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Cokey wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:29 pm What im most interested in is the stuff that hasnt been revealed yet. We still have 2 months to go and i think the best stuff hasnt been announced yet. The first reveals were to be honest a bit meh, but as more stuff is unvieled the interest is growing and i dont think theyve played all of their cards yet so to speak.
The first few screenshots were indeed very meh. The GamesCom footage even worse. Before then and since there have been some encouraging signs and the latest Fact Sheets look better (grass, flowers, corn, track textures in the Fendt screenshot in particular).

I think the only big unknown are what changes are there to hired helpers? The key normally used for hiring and firing now opens a menu according to the FarmCon footage (helpers were disabled completely for the GamesCom livestreams).

Gears are still unclear. We know they can be automatic or manual and apparently that clutches can be used and stalling is possible, but we don't know how things like manual ranges and gearing work for those not using wheels and pedals.

Other than that I'm not expecting any other big changes but I'm hoping to be surprised.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I think there's still some stuff around animals that we haven't seen yet.

this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

We had a grass treatment impliment added to the game section too, though that could just add a "fertilisation" state.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Pretty much everything has been revealed more or less. Game comes out in less than 2 months now its only polishing and squashing bugs pretty much.