What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

bojanh66

Re: What are people looking forward to the most in the new game?

Post by bojanh66 »

I am curious about two things : game performance when having multiple workers and machineries in tight farm yard and Courseplay.
I know they said game will be "optimized" for multi core/thread CPU, but i doubt it.
Also, is there any word from Courseplay team, will they continue updating it for FS22 ?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

bojanh66 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am I am curious about two things : game performance when having multiple workers and machineries in tight farm yard and Courseplay.
I know they said game will be "optimized" for multi core/thread CPU, but i doubt it.
Also, is there any word from Courseplay team, will they continue updating it for FS22 ?
They're still actively updating CoursePlay on GitHub so I'd be surprised if they didn't intend to carry it over into FS22. Whether they can or how much work is involved is another matter. It might depend on when the LUA documentation is released and whether things like fields are set up differently (given there are now more rounded fields), but I doubt there are too many obstacles with it, outwardly at least, being a relatively small evolution of FS19.

We'll not know how much better the multi-thread optimisation is until we can get it on our own systems. Don't expect an 8 core CPU to fully distribute across 16 threads or anything though - it's will still likely use 4 cores max like most non-AAA games, but hopefully able juggle workloads better - the fact the minimum specifications list 4-core CPUs (rather than 2-core for FS19) suggests that some work has been done in this regard rather than it just being marketing spiel though.

I didn't have any complaints about performance of helpers in FS17 or 19 though, even on a now 12 year old CPU. There were some optimisation issues with better hardware though so I hope they've addressed them (big FPS drops with increased graphics settings, despite neither any CPU cores nor GPU being anywhere near 100% usage).
Florish

Post by Florish »

To be honest, for now i am most excited for the al the BETTER sounds than FS19, soo both vehicles and equipment.

I do hope the 1455XL (and maybe a 1255) will be available (mod ?) for FS22 console, cant wait to rumble through the revs and gears with that in the field !!!!!!

next to that, i hope that seatcam is a standard option or standard within every tractor (or to toggle off and on in the menu etc.) , its way better than seeing the seat bounce, but you stay at the same place haha

O and second, proper steeringwheel support for consoles :gamer:
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
FarmingSimFrankly

Post by FarmingSimFrankly »

Like everyone else, I do hope the workers get better. Course play is an amazing feature, but the game should be workable without it.

I'd like to see even the small things improved e.g. always driving with the lights off in the dark. Some of those smaller things wouldn't exactly take a monstrous dev ops operation to churn out.