Request to Giants

Rwfrazerjr

Request to Giants

Post by Rwfrazerjr »

Just a request when FS22 comes out, I know for console players that slot count will be improved but I have a request regarding the slot count and modhub. Could you please include the slot count somewhere in the description. This would save a lot of install/uninstall time. To some extent, you can judge the slot count based on the download size. However, I can give multiple instances of mods I've downloaded that were under 10mb with what seemed to be a relatively high slot count. Then on the other hand, there have been some things I've downloaded in the 30+ mb range, fully expecting to see a slot count of 25-35 and it turns out being less than 20. An example of the first has been especially true when it comes to things like trucks, tractors, harvesters, etc. Somehow somebody was able to keep the file size moderately small but then you turn around and have a large amount of animation (which I've not been a modder for this game but have for multiple racing games so I understand the basics). Poly count is going to cause the slot count to increase but there are ways of getting around some of that.

I don't want to get off topic, so when new mods come out; someone like Mr. SealyP does a review and it looks good I want to see if it will work for me. Actually naming him was a bad example since he's actually one of the YouTube mod reviewers that does try to tell us this information. So, yes, having that info is as important as file size. Unfortunately the slot count plays a big role on one of the maps in particular. If it's above 35, I typically don't use it. One of the biggest reason I have no JD equip on my farms. (Honestly I'm a JCB guy anyway having been a trainer for them on construction equipment, lol). I don't think I have but MAYBE three or four mods that have a slot count even close to my limit.

On a side note but still related. One of my favorite maps to use has been the good ole Westbridge Hills FS15 convert. The main reason is because it's a good base map. Prior to starting I will start out with nothing but go and setup the map to play like I want. I've done it three times where I will find an area and create a good section for forestry. In my latest I took the giant field in the north east of the map and turned it into a giant park with hills that connect to the outter perimeter, a giant lake and swamp like area, couple of deer stands and even a bridge. While I'm driving all over I have a number of pieces of equip running with a worker in them but will block their path. This will put the hours on them to wear them out.

I don't his though BECAUSE the slot count for the base map is nice and low. I have a lot of points to play with and a map that is much more than what it started as. Takes a little bit of role playing and need to use the "tax signs" to deduct money when I want to by a plot of land to clear cut. Still worth it in the end.
Feirmeoir Eireannach

Re: Request to Giants

Post by Feirmeoir Eireannach »

Sorry to bust you're bubble, slot count may not be any different than 19.
Aholz89

Post by Aholz89 »

Interesting subject. They know the limits on consoles as they explained on Farmcon, but will they utilize the specs on the version for newer consoles or will they have a "console" version and "pc" version.

Focusing on consoles (since I have just re-entered PC gaming world.)

When FS19 came out, there was only the PS4/XB1 version on consoles.

Now with FS22 there is PS4/XB1 and these newer mythical consoles called PS5 and XBSX(XBSS). Would the FS22 version for the newer consoles be optimized for them, or will they basically have the same version as the previous consoles?
Came here for information, stayed for the entertainment.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Aholz89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 pm Interesting subject. They know the limits on consoles as they explained on Farmcon, but will they utilize the specs on the version for newer consoles or will they have a "console" version and "pc" version.

Now with FS22 there is PS4/XB1 and these newer mythical consoles called PS5 and XBSX(XBSS). Would the FS22 version for the newer consoles be optimized for them, or will they basically have the same version as the previous consoles?
Different graphics settings and so forth, along with the “normal” console optimization.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Aholz89 wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:43 pm Interesting subject. They know the limits on consoles as they explained on Farmcon, but will they utilize the specs on the version for newer consoles or will they have a "console" version and "pc" version.

Depends on whether the Ps5/Xbox series are native versions or just backwards compatibility. If it's the latter then there won't be much difference unfortunately, especially on Ps5.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

trogladitez wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:19 pm

Depends on whether the Ps5/Xbox series are native versions or just backwards compatibility. If it's the latter then there won't be much difference unfortunately, especially on Ps5.
I believe they’re native as I believe both have indicators of being made for the new series in their respective stores.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
ehhole

Post by ehhole »

slot count on mod hub would be excellent lets hope they see this