Chellington valley map broken

SecretfarmerGal

Chellington valley map broken

Post by SecretfarmerGal »

ive just started trying to play chellington Valley and have realised that fertilizing is all messed up you cannot fertlizie your fields and fertilizing contracts dont work. Doing a search it seems this map breaking issue has been present since january how come this hasnt been fixed and also why is this map still available with a huge game breaking bug in it... unless of course there is a magical solution im not aware of ( toggling or playing with ground states doesn't fix it i ploughed it ,limed it and planted it and its still broken)
helper A

Re: Chellington valley map broken

Post by helper A »

Xbox One user. I have a little over 110 hours on my game save, been able to do fertilizer contracts as well as fertilize my own fields. I haven't encountered any problems so far. Maybe it's possible could the set up you are trying to use? Sometimes equipment doesn't work like it should and can cause headaches.
Since '13
SecretfarmerGal

No im using same equipment i always use , like i said this problem was reported on this forum back in January and oxys advise was to refresh field states although most people said this didn't fix it
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

odd, I have just started playing this map (4 days ago) using seasons and precision farming, and I have had no problems fertilising fields, and fertilizing contracts work fine.

the only problem I have found is in the NE corner of field 16 is an invisible bounding volume 2m x 3m x 1m set in from the field corner ~5m.

that said I am not using mazeplus or any straw mods etc.

maybe you should start the map with just near zero mods?

e.g. a contract i just did
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
SecretfarmerGal

OK i will explain what happens
fields are showing as fully fertilised on the map but when on the field its shows as 0 but you cant fertilise it, you dont get the darker shade and it not registering as fertilised.
contracts you can take but they finish immediately saying fertilised when on the map they are but on the field they are not and you haven't done anything.

after reading the other post and having a think and looking at what ive done it seems to be adding lime that's the issue, 90% of the fields need lime and if you lime them they shoot to fully fertilised
ive tried NOT liming them and simply fertilising them and it seems to work so its possible the people who have had no issues are not liming im having a guess the root of the issue if something odd with the precision farming layer ( im not using precision farming)
although fertilising contracts on fields with a fertiliser state on already still instantly finish fields with no fertiliser state seem to be ok
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

ok I have managed to reproduce your problem, by starting the map with NO other mods.

fields that needed lime and firt that you didn't lime you could fertilise.
fields as per the above that you limed you could then not fertilise, as the lime took the fertiliser level to maximum, and the only part of said fields you could add firt was the bits you had deliberately missed putting lime on.

one thing I didn't test was if a complete field cycle (if planting, harvest and ploughing then re-establishing crop changed anything).

i do note on the download page it says
Custom soil.grle and extra fruits xml (precision farming dlc)
so I would say it is reliant on the precision farming dlc being active but it has not been set as being a required mod to get the map working correctly as intended.

so if you want to play the map maybe activate the precision farming dlc and get the Claas Crop Sensor off the mod hub just to streamline doing your own fields initially.
(https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019)
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

b101uk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:51 am so if you want to play the map maybe activate the precision farming dlc and get the Claas Crop Sensor off the mod hub just to streamline doing your own fields initially.
(https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019)
A handy mod that one especially if you are on pc as you can use it with courseplay on a fieldwork course to scan the fields for you, the only thing you have to do is turn it on before starting the courseplay driver on his way.
SecretfarmerGal

b101uk wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:51 am ok I have managed to reproduce your problem, by starting the map with NO other mods.

fields that needed lime and firt that you didn't lime you could fertilise.
fields as per the above that you limed you could then not fertilise, as the lime took the fertiliser level to maximum, and the only part of said fields you could add firt was the bits you had deliberately missed putting lime on.

That's right what ive since found out is that you can play the map ok if you DO NOT use lime in anyway.
i dont really like precision farming so have never used it i have heard that people with precision farming had this issue too but i have never tested that. i think simply Oxy has messed around with the layers so much ( this was one of first maps to have precision farming maps) i just think its broken somewhere it just sad he wont/cant fix it
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

yes just turn lime requirement off, some parts of the UK you seldom have to lime anyway, due to the underlaying limestone, chalk and calcite.

for example Chellington sits between Harrold and Felmersham, and is near the river Ouse, and is known for surface outcroppings of Oolite limestones, and is a common building material for old stone houses in that area, also Cornbrash limestone outcroppings.

so you can quite easily justify not liming the ground.
SecretfarmerGal

Well After playing for a while now ive given up the map has been dicked around with far to much to be enjoyable

All animal feeds have been messed with i agree probbaly more realistic but this is a game and limited time to provide each animal with 5 different foods each

chickens wont even reach 100%

gates open wrong way and block entrances

the layer issue i originally posted and now it wants to plough after each harvest ive had to turn ploughing off too

reset point being in the middle of a sheep field

No Digestate at Biogas plant

there were more though ive forgotten some of them

please Oxygen David ...dont make another map like this its a mess or at least fix the issues it does have
Kimpak

Post by Kimpak »

Chellington is one of my favorite maps. The fert contract issue can be caused by using a multiple contracts mod. Plow the fields before fertilizing them and it usually fixes the other issue.