Crop/Fruit prices adjust

Yoshubi

Crop/Fruit prices adjust

Post by Yoshubi »

Hey quys just a quick question. I'm playing on the New Ravensburg map with a lot of GC production mods, I just found out as im playing i can sell salt for over 3,000 per ltr, however, some productions that require salt are selling for about 1,500 per ltr making it kinda pointless. Is there any way to adjust the prices of commodities some how so i can balance my playthrough a bit better?
kahfs

Re: Crop/Fruit prices adjust

Post by kahfs »

One way is to look in the fillTypes.xml file of the map you play. Maybe you can adjust the fundamental price there. However, it is also possible to adjust the priceScale factor in the sellPoints.xml file. The name of the file may be slightly different. But this is where the map maker sets the price leves of a given sellpoint. So milk may be sold at a higher price at one sell point than another sellpoint. Finally it is possible that the price is scaled inside a specific sellpoint mod.

In all cases it is fairly simple to make the adjustments. Just unzip the mod into a temporary folder. Edit the file with notepad or notepad++. Save the edited file. Rezip the mod and place the new zip file in your mod folder. By doing so, you change the date of the file, and FS may suggest that there is an update to the map or mod, but in reallity there is not.
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)
Yoshubi

Post by Yoshubi »

Thanks for the reply, Ive checked the sell points on the map but the fill type isnt showing on the sell points, probably because salt is added in another mod elsewhere. I've looked in the mod folder (Salt factory mod) but cant see anything that would change the value of the commodity
Yoshubi

Post by Yoshubi »

Ok i've figured it out by some trial and error, First download a mod called 'Pricefixing'
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?l ... tle=fs2019

Then in your documents folder, find the mod settings xml
C:\Users\xxxx\Documents\My Games\Farmingsimulator2019\modsSettings

Open it up and you'll see this.....

<priceFixing>
<change file="~/example_mod/mod_item.xml" price="1000000"/>

</PriceFixing>

Just add the lines of filltype you want to change the price for, so it looks something like this

PriceFixing>
<change file="~/example_mod/mod_item.xml" price="1000000"/>

<change_filltype id="salt" price="0.347000"/>
<change_filltype id="pizza" price="2.347000"/>
<change_filltype id="clothes" price="2.000000"/>
<change_filltype id="canned" price="1.999000"/>
</PriceFixing>

Save the file and run the game (ensure the mod is active in the mod selection screen) Play around with the numbers to get the desired result
kahfs

Post by kahfs »

Yoshubi wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 7:59 pm Thanks for the reply, Ive checked the sell points on the map but the fill type isnt showing on the sell points, probably because salt is added in another mod elsewhere. I've looked in the mod folder (Salt factory mod) but cant see anything that would change the value of the commodity
The files I were refering to are inside the zip file of the map. F. ex. in the map Chellington Valley, there is a folder called Sellpoints. In that folder, you will find a lot of xml files. Some witht he name sellingStationPortNN.xml where NN is a number from 01 to 24.

Inside these files you will find lines like these:

<sellingStation stationName="MS1" appearsOnPDA="true" storageRadius="0" litersForFullPriceDrop="100000" fullPriceRecoverHours="48">
<unloadTrigger exactFillRootNode="0|0|0|0|0" baleTriggerNode="0|0|0|0|1" />
<fillType name="wheat" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="barley" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="canola" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="sunflower" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="soybean" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="maize" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="potato" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="sugarBeet" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="sugarCane" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="oat" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false" />
<fillType name="rye" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="millet" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="triticale" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="carrot" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="onion" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="spelt" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>
<fillType name="field_grass" priceScale="1" supportsGreatDemand="true" disablePriceDrop="false"/>

</sellingStation>

I play with my own mod, so I always edit the priceScale to equal 1 on all maps I play. But you can scale prices as you see fit.

.../Kaj-Åge
K. Henneberg/ArmChairFarming. Author of RealLifeNumbers (FS19, FS22)