What is best piece of equipment to load log trailers. Thanks
Manfi

Re: ? For the loggers

Post by Manfi »

Auto-Load :mrgreen:
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Yeah pretty much this^, and if you can’t or don’t want to a loader with as wide of grapple forks as you can find. Or get a set of joysticks🤷‍♂️
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

If you are looking to do it manually, then FDR's Tigercat 880 and a Fixed Clam Picker (grapple) is the way to go. It has an added benefit of having a strap in the grapple to avoid log shift while loading.
b101uk

Post by b101uk »

if you are doing it small scale with a tractor and loader, then the muck grab (fork with grapple) tends to work better than the dedicated log grab for the tractor front loaders, the same is true for telehandler with the manure fork.

also the Tajfun EGV 80 AHK skidding winch (https://www.farming-simulator.com/mod.p ... tle=fs2019) which is useful for bringing trees to a common area rather than having to take your trailer to uneven places that make loading harder.
plays FS15/FS17/FS19/FS22 on PC
:zunge:
RED_Smith

Post by RED_Smith »

You didn't say what scale of operations you were running.

Auto load all levels, but expensive for the low budget.

Low budget end. I would install the IT Runner 26.23 pack. In that pack is the Palfinger Q17? This is the crane off the base forestry wheeler truck. $1,700 is cheap. Runs off a PTO, so you can hook it to the back of the tractor. You can use the Bale container with wood config on the IT Runner HKL trailer. Trailer base is a bit expensive $49K but tops are cheap at less than $10K each. When using this config, I find it easier to unload the top from the trailer but not unhook (less sliding) while you load it. I will also buy a box trailer top, the one that has double doors on one end, and leave it on the ground with the doors open near the work site. I put all the small tops that you can pick up by hand in it. This trailer is the best I've found for this. You can walk into it to drop off the pieces, no throwing them over your head, or over the trailer, trying to load it. You get paid more by selling them than chipping them.

Medium level, the MAN TGX forestry wheeler truck (base game) will work. Grapple will only hold 1-2 logs. It will take approximately 25 logs per load with good stacking. So approximately 6 loads to pay for itself.

High end I would use the Tigercat 880 with Fixed Clam Picker.

I would also recommend the Trex stump grinder.

This video by Farmer Klein, does a length to price comparison on a base game map. You can watch it if you want, but at least FF to 12:00 and review the spreadsheet results. Remember this is on a base map, other maps may differ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD1jxZEQZ4s
bossmanslim

Post by bossmanslim »

If you're doing just a little bit, the dev tools or lumberjack mod super strength is good enough.

If you're doing more, autoload trailers

If all you really want to do is remove tress, get one of the tree destroying mods and reimburse yourself for the $$$ if you feel the need.

I've done it all kinds of ways (tractors, front end loaders, FDR mods, etc.) and the log to loader interaction physics are so bad that it's just not worth the effort to even try.
enigmqtik

Post by enigmqtik »

Depends on your setup

Using two joysticks (TM16000) I can load logs with almost anything except the logfork for frontloaders, as logs slides "a bit".
Be gentle with the cranes, don't close them too hard or you'll enjoy the magic FS physics.

On FDR maps, wood is heavier and a bit easier to handle.
Take your time and practice, is the only good advice someone told me, oh and it works pretty well. You need to pass the frustration peek and here you go. Enjoy logging :)
AMD R9 5900x (@4.9GHz) + NHD15, 32GB DDR4 G.SKill Ripjaws 3600 CL16, Gigabyte Aorus Master 3070 OC, nVme 980Pro 1To, Seasonic 850Gold in a Corsair 900D.
T500RS, CSPV3, TH8A +SKRS Shifter, 2x T16000M.FCS, DelanClip IR tracker, SimDashBoard, Sony Bravia 42"
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

enigmqtik wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 2:36 pm Depends on your setup

Using two joysticks (TM16000) I can load logs with almost anything except the logfork for frontloaders, as logs slides "a bit".
Be gentle with the cranes, don't close them too hard or you'll enjoy the magic FS physics.

On FDR maps, wood is heavier and a bit easier to handle.
Take your time and practice, is the only good advice someone told me, oh and it works pretty well. You need to pass the frustration peek and here you go. Enjoy logging :)
“time and practice”
It’d add patience in there to.
And that also goes for pallets and bales, just take your time and it’ll eventually get there.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.