Course Play

Krusty08

Course Play

Post by Krusty08 »

Is anybody else having trouble with course play crashing there game ???
empato

Re: Course Play

Post by empato »

No...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Nope
Dixie Farmer

Post by Dixie Farmer »

When starting a new map it does sometimes, I start a new map without it first then reload with it on, also, I don’t let it auto detect the fields. I believe it makes the loading screen game longer.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Dixie Farmer wrote: Thu Aug 05, 2021 2:30 pm When starting a new map it does sometimes, I start a new map without it first then reload with it on, also, I don’t let it auto detect the fields. I believe it makes the loading screen game longer.
Not sure how it’s crashing your games but if you click the prompt window for courseplay or other mods before the one for the game prompt it will freeze your character from moving
Dagrump

Post by Dagrump »

I have the same problem starting a new map with courseplay in the mod file with the game freezing. My solution is to delete courseplay from the mod file then start the game with the new map. Next I do do a game save, shutdown, reinsert courseplay in the mod file and the restart the new map with the gamesave with courseplay active. My course play is generally set to scan all fields on start-up and as I recall I get a prompt before the game is fully started from courseplay asking if I want to scan fields so I do have to click a mod before the game continues on to start. It had been a while since I started a new map so my answer may be to disable courseplay in set-up from scanning fields on start-up. As suggested by Mwal I would not have to interrupt the starting responding to a prompt.

When I get bored with the maps I am playing I usually download 2 or 3 new ones to look at so I can do a game save for each of them before reinstalling my courseplay
Farming with a Dell PC on Maps:
FS17: Loan Oaks Farm and Western Shore
FS19: Upper Mississippi River Valley, Bucks County, Pa, Huron County Michigan
FS22 Back Roads County, Stone Valley 22, Green Valley Nebraska and Huron County Michigan
ThatCanadianGuy

Post by ThatCanadianGuy »

Don't automatically scan fields.

Haven't had any issues with it since I turned that off.
Former real life farmer of lentils, mustard, and wheat on the Canadian prairies.