FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Ekan

Re: FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Post by Ekan »

I always found any FS game abit to colorful, but fixed that with settings in Nvidia. Im sure theres other ways to lower the colors if you dont own a geforce.
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

Ekan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 am I always found any FS game abit to colorful, but fixed that with settings in Nvidia. Im sure theres other ways to lower the colors if you dont own a geforce.
Interested to know what you did? Never been able to adjust it to feel more realistic.

Can you show us your setting if you don't mind?
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I recently started a game with no mods to try to troubleshoot a conflict, and I had forgotten I have edited my Seasons mod to change the lighting and colours, so I was surprised at how flat the colours are in vanilla. Then I got curious, and downloaded a fresh copy of Seasons, and fired up one of my farms, and was surprised at how washed out everything looked. I was happy to go back to my edited copy.

All of that is to say that, pending fine tuning, I will probably prefer FS22 to vanilla FS19.

Edit: for the curious, this is what I used: https://www.nexusmods.com/farmingsimulator19/mods/148
Ekan

Post by Ekan »

Miketeg wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:32 pm
Ekan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:18 am I always found any FS game abit to colorful, but fixed that with settings in Nvidia. Im sure theres other ways to lower the colors if you dont own a geforce.
Interested to know what you did? Never been able to adjust it to feel more realistic.

Can you show us your setting if you don't mind?
screen/Adjust colorsetting / Digital vibrance

Changes colors of your whole system, I dont mind tho as I think everything is to colorful :)
FS since 2012 :hi:
"Immersive farmplay & detail fanatic"

PC: :gamer:
Acer "28" NItro XVO (4k)
Geforce RTX 3070
i7-8700k 5ghz (OC) (3.70ghz)
HyperX fury 32gb RAM
M.2 970 evoPlus (500gb)
M.2 MP500 (150gb)
ROG strix Z370-F
EVGA 750w psu, Corsair cooling & chassi
MagicBoy

Post by MagicBoy »

There's also post-processing shaders (called Freestyle) as part of GeForce Experience. Slight hit of a couple FPS maybe.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/ne ... e-article/
hun3

Post by hun3 »

This is from Snowrunner

I'm not a technical artist but how hard to make the game look like that from a company as large as Giants?

iwan073

Post by iwan073 »

hun3 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 8:12 pm This is from Snowrunner

I'm not a technical artist but how hard to make the game look like that from a company as large as Giants?

How hard is it for a big company that makes Minecraft, to make Minecraft look like that?
Ignorance is bliss
NorModding

Post by NorModding »

iwan073 wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:02 pm

How hard is it for a big company that makes Minecraft, to make Minecraft look like that?
This is like having a long discussion about the colours of a chessboard where everyone is observing the same big elephant in the room but from different angles. :lol:

Yes, we all have each one individual and quite unique experiences of colours and light in daily life as well as in video games. So I don't know what the big deal here is? FS19 is very gamma heavy, that's for sure. It's like I have to use sunglasses. But at least GIANTS added a couple of XMLs for mod maps...where you can adjust these. I hope those are still included in FS22. If not...well..then we have all these fancy filtering apps like ReShade, NVIDIA and so on.

So this is just a matter of choice.

If you don't like the lighting and colours of a game, apply some filters or adjust your settings for the monitor/Tv, or play with the colorGradig XMLs or environment.XML for the map you are using. Or download some mods that can provide a different lighting/colour experience. :this:
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

If you didn't notice this game was published by Focus Home Interactive which also published Farming Simulators *thumbsup*
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:28 am

If you didn't notice this game was published by Focus Home Interactive which also published Farming Simulators *thumbsup*
Did publish. GIANTS is self publishing now. And that means little in terms of games working with each other as studios are different. Of course I probably totally missed your meaning…
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Saber Interactive (Snowrunner development company) - 470 employees

Giants Software - 65 employees

:confusednew:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Dairydeere wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:35 am

Saber Interactive (Snowrunner development company) - 470 employees

Giants Software - 65 employees

:confusednew:
Its pretty possible that Saber interactive is around 7 times more than the employees of the GIANTS Software.
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

NorModding wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 11:01 pm If you don't like the lighting and colours of a game, apply some filters or adjust your settings for the monitor/Tv, or play with the colorGradig XMLs or environment.XML for the map you are using. Or download some mods that can provide a different lighting/colour experience. :this:
Like I've said though, console players have no control over that. They're completely at the mercy of whatever GIANTS choose or, if they're slightly more lucky, what a mapper chooses.
Ritchie

Post by Ritchie »

What a mapper chooses can be worse at times, in my experience. The shadows become impossible to work in as they are too dark in a lot of maps that have had their lighting "improved".
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

I think a lot of it is down to different monitor and screens too. I've got two monitors and a TV hooked up to my PC and all three of them look different, even though they're all calibrated. When you start looking at cheap monitors and TVs they even worse (especially those with TN panels).

That's why I feel it's important GIANTS offer some degree of user flexibility or the ability for modders to create their own profiles which players can choose from in-game, rather than being bound by what someone feels looks better on their screen.