FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

ultimate34

FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Post by ultimate34 »

FS 22 looks much more plastic and colorful than FS 19. Although I'm sure that overally in terms of graphics everything looks better (textures, models, parallax occlusion, and so on), yet it seems less realistic than FS 19, because it's more "plastic-looking".
A huge visual upgrade in FS 19 was a big step in this franchise, and because of this change in more colorful lightning, FS 22 looks like a step back.

Diving into the comments section under a recent trailer shows that I am not the only one sharing this concern :confusednew:
lawm

Re: FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Post by lawm »

Come on if you're going to post a question like that at least put in the work and do it right. I'm not holding your hand next time.....your welcome. Lol

Gormett

Post by Gormett »

Which one of these colours is oversaturated to you ? Please choose one /sarc.
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Where did you get the bottom screenshot?
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

trogladitez wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:56 pm Where did you get the bottom screenshot?
There were a few short videos released to ambassadors. I won't link to the ones I've seen as it's unlisted so I'm not sure if they're meant to be public (yet).

They're not great. Just a 30 second video grab by the looks of it. I think the only thing they show that hasn't been shown already is a combine on the hired helper (which as I've said elsewhere is still reversing through crops at the end of a row).
Gormett

Post by Gormett »

trogladitez wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:56 pm Where did you get the bottom screenshot?
Reddit FS22 Megathread
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

Ah, I see. At least in the baling video the field texture is closer to the colour of a real one after harvest although the windrows still look a bit daft being so light in comparison. Crop, field and windrow should be the same colour Giants, get with the program.
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

trogladitez wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:40 pm Ah, I see. At least in the baling video the field texture is closer to the colour of a real one after harvest although the windrows still look a bit daft being so light in comparison. Crop, field and windrow should be the same colour Giants, get with the program.
DIsagree. Standing crop will often look a different color than the windrow and or the stubble. Everything reflects light/color differently. For example, if you drill a new crop into wheat stubble, one pass will look bright and golden and the next pass will look dark
Playing on PC and PS4
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

Drmattymd wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:22 pm
trogladitez wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:40 pm Ah, I see. At least in the baling video the field texture is closer to the colour of a real one after harvest although the windrows still look a bit daft being so light in comparison. Crop, field and windrow should be the same colour Giants, get with the program.
DIsagree. Standing crop will often look a different color than the windrow and or the stubble. Everything reflects light/color differently. For example, if you drill a new crop into wheat stubble, one pass will look bright and golden and the next pass will look dark
Not to mention the dust and similar that comes off a standing crop, which also affects how it looks.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Gormett wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:36 pm Which one of these colours is oversaturated to you ? Please choose one /sarc.
Bottom one especially, baler and tractor look like toys due to almost being fluorescent.
Field doesn’t look bad though.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Luftkopf

Post by Luftkopf »

I'm sure nVidia is the same, but ATI drivers let you adjust colours per game. Just desaturate it a little bit. Or a lot, if you have something against colour. Done.
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I agree with the the original poster. From that video on Thursday, this game looks like the high contrast setting on windows 98. The lighting as well as the colors, make the shortcomings of the environment on maps way more noticable. On 17 I never really noticed when the trees would disappear off in the distance. It became way more noticable on 19, really ruining a lot of maps for me. And now for 22 it looks like they are making it way worse. Seriously, change my mind.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Luftkopf wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:24 am I'm sure nVidia is the same, but ATI drivers let you adjust colours per game. Just desaturate it a little bit. Or a lot, if you have something against colour. Done.
That only solves the problem for half the players
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

Mwal wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 4:02 am
Luftkopf wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:24 am I'm sure nVidia is the same, but ATI drivers let you adjust colours per game. Just desaturate it a little bit. Or a lot, if you have something against colour. Done.
That only solves the problem for half the players
Or really only half the platforms (assuming Mac can mess with graphics) as I believe console may be the majority of sales making it less than half.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

This is a slight bias with a focus on PC gaming, but on PC, we have the ability to add shaders. Assuming 22 doesn't have too much difference from 19 on the backend, we will be able to use similar shader setups to what are available in 19. Yes, there is a lot of saturation in some places, along with the equipment feeling plastic, but it's a simulator, and I feel the features are more important than the visuals. If you want realistic graphics, drive to the nearest rural area :zunge:
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!