FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Simon738

Re: FS 22 is too colorful. Change my mind.

Post by Simon738 »

Mobias wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:32 pm
So the question really is why can OxygenDavid get FS-19 looking so great with just a bit of fine tuning and Giants, with all their resources, can't?
Totally agree - Giants should be ahead of Oxy not the other way around. Having just watched the most recent livestream I’m even more disappointed - only reason I’m getting FS22 now is Calmsden.

Why does a game/simulation like this now require independent modders and map builders to make their game look and function far better than they themselves can make it!? Backward….
Xbox Series X
G920 Wheel
700 hrs Calmsden Farm
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

I’ve mentioned having options for a plethora of play styles before. Be it equipment, fuel usage, warning signs. Honestly more options for more play styles is always a good thing. But then when custom maps roll in and those settings then mess with maps, then what. I guess map makers could specify what settings to use for what maps. Who knows.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Mobias wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:32 pm What I find quite interesting is if Giants said here's the first screen shots of Farming Simulator 22 check them out. And showed you these shots....

.....I can guarantee you that pretty much everyone would be 'wow, it looks so great! What an improvement over FS-19.'

Except of course these aren't new screen shots of FS-22. They're screen shots of OxygenDavid's upcoming Calmsden Farm map.
So the question really is why can OxygenDavid get FS-19 looking so great with just a bit of fine tuning and Giants, with all their resources, can't?

Its a bit of a mystery. I know Calmsden Farm has a custom static sky box. Which personally I think looks way better than the Simpsons cartoon skybox FS-22 has. I'd much much rather have a great looking static sky box than a bad and overly stylised dynamic one.

That aside though, since we're talking about colour saturation here. OxygenDavid gets really lovely looking soft naturalistic colours. I presume someone somewhere at Giants actively doesn't want the sim to look like this. All I can say is they're making a huge artistic misjudgement.
Damn everytime i look at thos pics i wish fs22 would and should look from the start. I know its possible but GIANTS dont want the game look more natural for reasons unknown...
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

I don't get the reasoning that the majority of players prefer cartoon saturation levels to more natural ones.

You have players who don't care about the graphics at all.. and players who do.

If GIANTS were to change the graphics colour tone for the game to a more natural, realistic one it can only be a good thing.

Because then your now appealing to the players who want those graphics, and the players who say they don't care about graphics will still play it regardless. That's a win win to me.

I've yet to see anyone request cartoonish style graphics for the game either.

Surely GIANTS want there game to look stylish, and refined. Not cheap and cartoonish.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Giants never cared for their playerbase. Most of the players are kids and they will buy the game regardless of new functions or graphics...it's not their money and they don't care.

They don't need mature players who wait until a discount to buy and selectively buy DLCs. Usually PC players. They want to sell as much console versions as possible. Everything they do is to bring more functions to console version.

Consoles make everything worse and should be seperated from the PC version in my opinion.

Every function is dumbed down as if the players base is a bunch of retards. And the graphics are made cartoonish to attract kids.

It's all about the money folks...they don't want to improve and make the playerbase happy, they want money!
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Up until the gameplay was shown I had liked much of what had been mentioned about the changes coming apart from the 3 day seasons. Since seeing what the game will potentially look like I am very disappointed in how it currently looks.
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

BulletBill wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:40 am I don't get the reasoning that the majority of players prefer cartoon saturation levels to more natural ones.

You have players who don't care about the graphics at all.. and players who do.

If GIANTS were to change the graphics colour tone for the game to a more natural, realistic one it can only be a good thing.

Because then your now appealing to the players who want those graphics, and the players who say they don't care about graphics will still play it regardless. That's a win win to me.

I've yet to see anyone request cartoonish style graphics for the game either.

Surely GIANTS want there game to look stylish, and refined. Not cheap and cartoonish.
I posted this in the announcements section, but I think it's worth repeating it here
theSeb wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 pm The textures look super weird, especially on the yellow Ponsse machines. It's like they are too flat or lack lighting/ reflections?

Also, what happened to the shadows?
I don't believe that the majority of players prefers this look. I suspect that people at Giants who make the decisions prefer the look. Clearly the look is easily changeable and the engine allows for this in a relatively simple manner for some good results, as demonstrated by mods and maps, so the simplest explanation is the one that fits.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

h3rich wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 am Giants never cared for their playerbase. Most of the players are kids and they will buy the game regardless of new functions or graphics...it's not their money and they don't care.

They don't need mature players who wait until a discount to buy and selectively buy DLCs. Usually PC players. They want to sell as much console versions as possible. Everything they do is to bring more functions to console version.

Consoles make everything worse and should be seperated from the PC version in my opinion.

Every function is dumbed down as if the players base is a bunch of retards. And the graphics are made cartoonish to attract kids.

It's all about the money folks...they don't want to improve and make the playerbase happy, they want money!
Since they added gearboxes and proper sounds now i dont think they are trying to cater to kids only. I think its more of a perception problem. They can easily change this but i dont see it happening. Atleast us on pc will be able to fix this sooner or later but the folks on consoles wont be so lucky
BulletBill

Post by BulletBill »

theSeb wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:56 am I posted this in the announcements section, but I think it's worth repeating it here
theSeb wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 5:43 pm The textures look super weird, especially on the yellow Ponsse machines. It's like they are too flat or lack lighting/ reflections?

Also, what happened to the shadows?
I don't believe that the majority of players prefers this look. I suspect that people at Giants who make the decisions prefer the look. Clearly the look is easily changeable and the engine allows for this in a relatively simple manner for some good results, as demonstrated by mods and maps, so the simplest explanation is the one that fits.
In that case I would ask whoever it is in charge of this at GIANTS.... why... please, why did you choose this style... surely there must be some reasoning behind it. :lol:

At the moment it just means loads of more work for modders to adjust the textures on the trees and foliage, then also to find a nice balance with the colorGrading, which again is awkward as it affects both, sky, ground and equipment colours meaning you can't have vibrant skies without over saturated machinery and vice versa.
Join the "Frontier Design" Discord: https://discord.gg/7P8ePvU
Eische

Post by Eische »

Again:

It was mentioned by Lisertan in an interview along GamesCon:
Lighting/colors shown in the GamesCon game version are not final. Adjusting those is one of the last steps in development.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I’m one of those players who doesn’t get all bent out of shape about graphics. That said some of these screenshots are even on the annoyingly bright side for me. Some of the machines in the screens look like they took there inspiration from a bag of skittles
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Eische wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm Again:

Lighting/colors shown in the GamesCon game version are not final. Adjusting those is one of the last steps in development.
Well we will see how much it will change in couple of months. My money is on not changed at all beacuse when you are marketing and showcasing the game you actually want it to make look better than actualy it will be when it releases and every major game does this these days (kind of false marketing but ok) so by that logic does not make sense
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I still have hope, thinking back to when FS19 was released with that awful "lookup up-sun" effect (I forget what its called) that basically blotted everything out and the pixel-saturation that gave white sparkles on sharp edges, those annoyances seem to have gone.

I'm in the "as long as it's not awful" group for graphics, I'd much rather have dev effort spent improving the physics and adding more layers of farming gameplay but it's personal: the "function over form" debate always is, so what is "not awful" for me probably is for some.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Eische wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 1:18 pm Again:

Thats good to know. They should really study what OxygenDavid has done with Calmsden farm and aim for something like that. All the tones should be soft and naturalistic I think. A bit of stylisation is fine but don't go over the top with the punchy colours.

As BulletBill says it will be way easier for map modders if they don't have dial things back themsleves. If things were nice looking right out of the box it would clearly make a big difference for everyone.
h3rich wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:53 am

Giants do care about their product. Clearly a ton of work goes into it and they do want to please their player base. Maybe their sensibilities don't always quite tie in with the die hard players of FS though.

Making a great game and making lots of money aren't mutually exclusive. Just ask a studio like Rockstar (and others). More often than not making a great game equals making lots of money from it.
Miketeg

Post by Miketeg »

It's not that they don't care, Fs22 is the proof that they care and they want to please as much as they can.

The problem seems that they can't decide which path they are using...Arcade, or Realism. From the name, answer is easy, from the player base, is not that obvious.

I agreed that those colors tones are way off and are more on the Arcade side. I would prefer by far to have something less reflective!
Has been dairy farmer - From Quebec, Canada
French is my first language, please excuse my English :-)