Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Mobias

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by Mobias »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm

Positives:
  • The colour tone and lighting of the French map looks a million times better than GamesCom. Saturation and vibrancy on the vehicles especially is much more pleasant and less jarring.
Totally agree. I immediately thought there was a marked improvement. It looks so much nicer now. I hope the feedback elsewhere is positive to this and its kept like that.
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

I'd like to see two things added to FS22:
- GPS (so I can use it on console)
- improved workers that can ride by themselves from a to b, like in AutoDrive/Courseplay (so the boring stuff, like riding from the shop to the farm, farm to field, etc. can be done by a worker)

FYI: I play on PC and PS5
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

Not sure if already mentioned but having recently had a game crash and lost 4 hours or so of progress I'd like to see an autosave that kicks in automatically not when you happen too look at the menu. I'm sure we had this in 17 but I can't remember if it was basegame or a mod?
theSeb

Post by theSeb »

There was a mod that would autosave during gameplay. I can't remember exactly which mod was doing it, because it had all sorts of functionality.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the game automatically save the game every 15 min by default unless its changed by the player and all saved games are available in the savegameBackup folder in the FarmingSimulator2019 folder unfortunately only accessible in that folder.
Would be nice if the function to use these backups was available from the Career menu.
Last edited by TheSuBBie on Fri Sep 17, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TobiHH

Post by TobiHH »

Nope, the autosave is not really an autosave. It will only be saved (after 15minutes in game), if you open the ESC-menu.
If you don`t open it for 3 hours and game crashes, the 3 hours are gone...
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

An option for it would be nice but im guessing it’s not standard because if you get close to the slot count on console you’re going to end up with the same stutter you get when initially opening the menu and it saves except live in gameplay. If they do add the option it would be nice to see some longer times included like a half hour
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

I was thinking, but given the different historical agricultural vehicles of this chapter. It is strange to me to find them in the shop. Why not make a second-hand dealer on the map? For example, the 7810, it would be nice not to have it in the shop like new, but from the dealer, used, with a lower purchase cost, but with a higher maintenance cost. Just like the Deutz presented today.
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Mirk93 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:46 pm I was thinking, but given the different historical agricultural vehicles of this chapter. It is strange to me to find them in the shop. Why not make a second-hand dealer on the map? For example, the 7810, it would be nice not to have it in the shop like new, but from the dealer, used, with a lower purchase cost, but with a higher maintenance cost. Just like the Deutz presented today.
How about barn finds like some games have, where you see an old tractor at another farm, buy it from the farmer, and get it running. That'd be a nice little side job.
Last edited by FarmBoss on Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ValhallSN95

Post by ValhallSN95 »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:13 pm How about bard finds like some games have, where you see an old tractor at another farm, buy it from the farmer, and get it running. That'd be a nice little side job.
I would personally love barn finds.
Chris Birdsong Wolfforth, TX
Grew up running a 4430 on my granddads farm

Xbox Series X / Xbox Series X / Xbox Series S
FS22 7,545hrs FS19 10,965hrs
FS17 (XB1) 7,910hrs FS17 (PC) 1,297hrs
FS15 7,620hrs FS13 7,877hrs
Mirk93

Post by Mirk93 »

FarmBoss wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:13 pm
How about bard finds like some games have, where you see an old tractor at another farm, buy it from the farmer, and get it running. That'd be a nice little side job.
I thought about it too, you mean a dozen hidden barn, where you can find vintage tractors, which you can then restore for a small fee. As on Forza Horizon, I like these things, but it is a personal taste, while the thrift shop with dated tractors is easier to enter.
hun3

Post by hun3 »

BulletBill wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 12:38 pm A few constructive feedback points:

(This is taken from a Player, Modder and real life Farmer aspect/pov.)

Graphics

I know visual aspects can often be user specific, but in general my experience in the 10 years of Modding and Playing Farm Sim has shown me the vast majority of players appreciate natural, realistic, blended visuals for the game.
The current trend for overblown saturation as seen in Fs22, is really unappealing. I don't remember seeing countless topics and posts asking for cartoon style graphics, yet that is what you've decided to give us.
Telling us this can be adjusted per map environment is not a suitable fix as the colour control is global, where as different aspects need to be adjusted separately.

Issues: In Fs19 the skies were always washed out and had no colour, you "fixed" this in Fs22 by upping the saturation level, which now has vehicles and equipment so over saturated they look awful, ugly even. All the hard work modelling such great 3D models is spoiled by the game itself.
The game is about farming, and the countryside, yet the environments look very un-natural, it makes the game look cheap and something you would see on mobile, and that is a shame as it detracts so much of your hard work.

Fixes: First off, there needs to either be independent colour control of the sky, the natural environment and the vehicle and equipment, if your not bothered about changing the default values yourself.

Or you could alter the default values so that they are balanced and have a far more natural look, making the game look refined and well made.

Issues: I'm glad to see some improvements to the dynamic sky and lighting in Fs22. (More distance clouds, that don't suddenly disappear on the horizon.)
However the cloud layer still seems to flat compared to real life.
The recent footage we saw of the night time sky was dreadful. Daytime sky with a dark filter and a Moon that shone like Sun? Really! Please don't listen to morons who complain the night is too dark. That is a scientific fact they have to deal with.

Fixes: The cloud layer needs far more height than it has currently, and more variety.
The transition of light needs to be far better just before sunrise and after sunset. The ambient light goes way too dark once the sun is no longer above the horizon.
There needs to be a variety of colour for the Sunrises and Sunsets, a variable colour grading value range in a separate sky environment xml would cover this.
The night sky should be dark, with stars and Moon that although visible is not as bright as the sun with a far more diffused light on the ground.

Issues: The tree and bush textures need massively reducing in the saturation and brightness, just because you want people to know they are in a different Season doesn't mean you need to shove it in there face so badly.

Fixes: Up close tree leaves still have reasonable saturation(but should be way less than they are presently), but the futher away (tree LODS) the colour should lose saturation and be darker. Which is why in RL a distance tree line looks much darker and has none of the actual colour it has up close.

Issues: With regards foliage and particularly crops, I don't know where you get your reference material from, but you really need to send your foliage artists out to actual working farms at various stages through the year to see first-hand just how they look in the real world. Some of the crops still look far removed from the real world crop through the various growth stages.

Fixes: For example the current pics of Fs22 show orange wheat/barley which is so over saturated it looks really wrong.
Generally on most Wheat and Barley crop varieties the colour is very muted, pale beige when ready to harvest.
Wheat has a slight tinge towards the red colour spectrum.
Barley on the other hand generally has a slightly more yellowish tint.
However these colours only show at harvest on the lower part of the stalks, stubble, and straw swath, as the grain heads themselves are pale and very low on colour saturation.

You have for years always made these same plants very yellow/green in colour instead of the darker more blue-ish/green they actually are during the smaller growth stages.

Crop stubble is one area you have badly wrong on most crops. As a RL farmer this is such a glaring issue it's impossible to ignore and one that could be fixed with some adjustment to the textures and foliage xml coding.

(If you would like more detail on this area I can happily provide reference material and more detailed feedback as I have a fair bit of experience with how your foliageLayers work and can be adjusted as well as plenty of real world experience.)

Conclusion: In all my years of making mods and in particular maps, all the feedback from those has shown that the majority of people enjoy the environment being natural and realistic as possible within the games limitations.
Up to Fs17 the graphics were dated, but had for the most part a nice reasonable balance. Ever since Fs19 and again now into Fs22 the balance has gone, and although some aspects visually look great it has come at the expense of others, please bring back that balance.
For me Farm Sim is about creating realistic, beautiful real world environments for people to enjoy and get lost in the immersion of that environment.
My God Bill I couldn't said this better. And this is why right now I'm still playing FS 17 The Western Shore. I'm going to say something here that probably will get me crucified. Would this game be better if the console version didn't exist? Just wondering...
ctb123

Post by ctb123 »

The game might very well be better if console considerations didn't need to be made, but on the other hand, I've read console sales are by far the biggest portion of sales. It's possible FS wouldn't exist at all without console sales.
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ctb123 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pm The game might very well be better if console considerations didn't need to be made, but on the other hand, I've read console sales are by far the biggest portion of sales. It's possible FS wouldn't exist at all without console sales.
Or would’ve turned out like Cows and Crops, another dead farming game.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.
Kamiko

Post by Kamiko »

ctb123 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:54 pm The game might very well be better if console considerations didn't need to be made, but on the other hand, I've read console sales are by far the biggest portion of sales. It's possible FS wouldn't exist at all without console sales.
my laptop is way too weak for games, console is my only option - and I only ever tried FS, because I got it for "free" (PS+) :mrgreen:

now I'm interested in FS22
Ravenport - 152 hours (platinum trophy)
Bajeczna - 17 hours