Constructive feedback thread for FS22

chedly_farms

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by chedly_farms »

norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:01 am
this_is_gav wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:04 pm

If a moderator could clear up the mess I would appreciate it.
Moderator, seems a while since we had one of those on a consistent basis....
I'd like your vote! I'm running for Giants Moderator 2022.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
Riven326

Post by Riven326 »

chedly_farms wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:52 pm
norfolk farmer wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:01 am
this_is_gav wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:04 pm

If a moderator could clear up the mess I would appreciate it.
Moderator, seems a while since we had one of those on a consistent basis....
I'd like your vote! I'm running for Giants Moderator 2022.
Decided to enter the realm of politics, eh?

Eische

Post by Eische »

TheGazbeard wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm Do German farmers use GPS in the fields?
If so, do they have access to it on both sides of the old Iron Curtain or does the USA still block the signals for it east of Berlin?

Answers to those questions "might" explain why GPS is not a native feature in FS19.

;)
For sure we do. At least it is getting more and more popular. Especially contractors and larger farms using it.
Europe has its own system called Galileo. It is running, but not yet fully complete. Russia has its own System called Glonass.
Both systems are usually supported on modern GPS receivers.
Playing on PC - Win10
Ryzen 3600
RX 5500XT
16GB Ram
How to post log file
How to upload pictures
Please report bugs for FS22 using the bugtracker
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

TheGazbeard wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:49 pm
njuska11 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 pm
Exactly. I cant play with big machines without gps its simply cumbersome. And fs22 isnt able to implement this feature for reasons uknown. Is it unreasonable to expect gps a 30year old tech to finaly appear in base game after more than 10 years of fs series existance? Gps is just one of the examples. So yeah game is still lacking basic stuff...
Do German farmers use GPS in the fields?
If so, do they have access to it on both sides of the old Iron Curtain or does the USA still block the signals for it east of Berlin?

Answers to those questions "might" explain why GPS is not a native feature in FS19.

;)
People are getting used to the usual excuses. Blaming the USA for Giants not adding GSP to their game is new. :lol:
Florish

Post by Florish »

I am struggeling to decide wether to pre order or not (Ps5), somehow i am a bit scared that for example shifting gears will be not available for Consoles (what would the button combination be? ), so i mean that now things are presented but could possibly not be available on consoles when released.... or is that a stupid thought ?

Next to that i really really hope that Steering wheel support on consoles will be fixed, so that we are able to adjust strenght of the spring etc. , it is not possible to steer with on hand on FS19 because the wheel constantly goes back to center and steers quite heavy.... is there any info on that possibly ?
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
Loss

Post by Loss »

Florish wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am ...so that we are able to adjust strenght of the spring etc. , it is not possible to steer with on hand on FS19 because the wheel constantly goes back to center and steers quite heavy.... is there any info on that possibly ?
You can try to unplug the power from the steering wheel. I think the "strenght of the spring" doesn't work, only with USB.
Onkel Mo

Post by Onkel Mo »

Florish wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am I am struggeling to decide wether to pre order or not (Ps5), somehow i am a bit scared that for example shifting gears will be not available for Consoles (what would the button combination be? ), so i mean that now things are presented but could possibly not be available on consoles when released.... or is that a stupid thought ?
As you're asking this way, it's a stupid thought.
Listeran said at Gamescom that the gameplay will be the same on all platforms. So manual shifting will be on all platforms. :hi:
faruk9154

Post by faruk9154 »

george.earlslight wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:06 pm
SnoopBok wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm On the official page of AMD under upcoming Games, FS22 is listed: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/rad ... resolution
Nice catch! This could also be related to next gen consoles where Giants would need to optimize for the AMD APUs.
Thankfully, I'll be able to use FidelityFx on my NVidia card, even though I'd prefer to have DLSS available.
How will you use FidelityFx on Nvidia?
:hi: :!: Simulation of the King :!: :hi:
Florish

Post by Florish »

Onkel Mo wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:33 pm
Florish wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:37 am I am struggeling to decide wether to pre order or not (Ps5), somehow i am a bit scared that for example shifting gears will be not available for Consoles (what would the button combination be? ), so i mean that now things are presented but could possibly not be available on consoles when released.... or is that a stupid thought ?
As you're asking this way, it's a stupid thought.
Listeran said at Gamescom that the gameplay will be the same on all platforms. So manual shifting will be on all platforms. :hi:
Ah Thanks! wasnt aware of that! i have been quite outside the FS train latetly, since i have my PS5 i havent played FS19 because i dont want PS4 games on my PS5 :ubergeek: :ubergeek: annnnndd i have a digital and my FS19 is disc haha.

But i am hopping on the train again towards release for FS22 haha!
Digital farmer from the Netherlands
- FS17/19 on PS4
- FS22 on PS5
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

faruk9154 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:22 pm How will you use FidelityFx on Nvidia?
It works on any hardware (well, within reason); AMD, Nvidia and presumably Intel when they release their cards. Xbox X/S and PS5 too.

Given GIANTS outlined some other performance details in their announcement for FS22 I'm surprised they haven't confirmed whether FidelityFX is enabled. The AMD list clearly shows FS22 as supporting it.

Given DLSS was available before the FS22 announcement I think we can assume it won't be implemented in FS22 otherwise it would have been in that announcement post. FS has been an Nvidia-supported game as long as I've been playing (all games since FS2011 had an Nvidia logo on startup on PC, and appalling performance on AMD cards), but without DLSS I doubt that is still the case for FS22.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

I like the look of all the new ground textures shown today which along with several other things makes me look forward to what's coming, the only big negative I still have is the 3 day seasons I really hope this gets addressed.
njuska11

Post by njuska11 »

Just saw the post its the best feature yet il be damned thx giants for this one im forever thankful that this has been implemented. Proper ground textures for each tools including ridgers rollers and direct drills. Im very very happy about this
ASOLANDRI

Post by ASOLANDRI »

Florish wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:52 am i dont want PS4 games on my PS5 :ubergeek: :ubergeek: annnnndd i have a digital and my FS19 is disc haha.

I was about to say that the PS5 was backwards compatible with PS4 games.. :lol:
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:06 pm the only big negative I still have is the 3 day seasons I really hope this gets addressed.
Yeah imagine if I get rain with a crop thats a day of harvest season. Basically I use 21 Day Seasons (3 weeks I think)
Greetings, from Central Texas! :hi:

Back to the digital farm with the new 65" TCL 4K HDR TV. PS5 *thumbsup*

Map/Playtime:
Griffin, Indiana 22: 103 Hours
Edgewater, SK: 79 Hours
Ohio Richlands: 78 Hours
Alma, Missouri: 50 Hours
Elmcreek: 32 Hours
Big Flats, Texas: 20 Hours
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

I like the look of the new textures and the new operations -- not as far as it could go, but definitely a step in the right direction.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
DEERE317

Post by DEERE317 »

ASOLANDRI wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:26 pm
Florish wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:52 am i dont want PS4 games on my PS5 :ubergeek: :ubergeek: annnnndd i have a digital and my FS19 is disc haha.

I was about to say that the PS5 was backwards compatible with PS4 games.. :lol:
norfolk farmer wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:06 pm the only big negative I still have is the 3 day seasons I really hope this gets addressed.
Yeah imagine if I get rain with a crop thats a day of harvest season. Basically I use 21 Day Seasons (3 weeks I think)
And that’s assuming that GIANTS will implement crop moisture like Seasons mod, there’s a decent chance they don’t, and then it’s much less of an issue from a straight practicality perspective, ignoring the feel of time passing.
FS15 & FS19 Platinum Edition PC (and War Thunder, Gaijin is way worse than GIANTS ever has been accused of being)
FS Comunity Trader: https://fs19communitytrader.freeforums.net/
Desktop: i5-9400f, RTX 2060, 8gb RAM, 256gb SSD.
Laptop: Pentium Silver N5000, UHD605, 4gb RAM, 1tb HDD.
Deere, Fendt, Claas, and sometimes the rest of Agco.