Constructive feedback thread for FS22

TheSuBBie

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by TheSuBBie »

That must have been a mod? Claas wasn't added until FS19
Yes it was the FS15_classLexionPack (Michi77) and the cutter vario pack (lookee86_SiiD_SFM (still availabe if you google them) which had the 580 and 600 series machines the extra camera's were very handy and you could select which camera to view by using the buttons 1-5 or turn it them off completely.
The camera set up could be used in any vehicle Tractors/Harvesters etc no of camera's used was adjustable in the various scripts.
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

Kerminator wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:56 pm
ChiefContractor wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:53 pm but still seasonal cycles doesnt mean 12 days in a year. if it was seasonal cycles thered be a minumum of 2 days to allow say new players to complete the task theyre at before the next month
Yes I understand that, but the settings for changing days in the seasons mod can break saves if you change them after the fact. The solution of the lower timescales in Seasonal Cycles is the best alternative to simulate 3, 6 or 9 day seasons while keeping it optimized.

That way players can play as fast or as slow as they want to do whatever tasks it is they want to do.

But again, I'm sure the mod community will expand on this idea and you'll eventually be able to do it more along the lines of what you envision.
Your comment that I have highlighted is untrue - crop progression stages are based on "next day = next growth stage", and this becomes more fine tuned in the Realismus Seasons mod, with more subtleties and distinctions.

Making fixed 3-day seasons will make a mockery of planting planning for seasonal price peaks etc.

Your own comment that you have never really liked playing with Seasons in any of your gamesaves is very enlightening when coupled with your other answers - it makes it feel you are biased against Seasons and Seasonal Cycles from the outset, and raises suspicion that you won't be as supportive of community wishes in this context.

Personally I love the Seasons mod, and I feel that Precision Farming has added the missing element of it, but there is only one gamesave where I use 3-day seasons ... a hard mode start from scratch on No Man's Land where everything is tuned against the player, including using x5 time progression and no bank loans or leasing ... but it has a metric butt-tonne of mods to offer options. In all other gamesaves, I use 6, 9 or even 12 day seasons and spend the boredom hours manually stacking bales or cutting lawns for locals using a sit-on mower. I only sleep at night and rarely.

Please, please, PLEASE revisit the fixed 3-day seasonal cycles and offer options of longer durations, otherwise I suspect many people will turn them off and continue using the Seasons mod - which is a waste of your dev time and resources to include it in the first place, and it might impede sales of FS22.
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard
FastFarming

Post by FastFarming »

TheGazbeard wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:56 pm
ChiefContractor wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 7:53 pm but still seasonal cycles doesnt mean 12 days in a year. if it was seasonal cycles thered be a minumum of 2 days to allow say new players to complete the task theyre at before the next month
Yes I understand that, but the settings for changing days in the seasons mod can break saves if you change them after the fact. The solution of the lower timescales in Seasonal Cycles is the best alternative to simulate 3, 6 or 9 day seasons while keeping it optimized.

That way players can play as fast or as slow as they want to do whatever tasks it is they want to do.

But again, I'm sure the mod community will expand on this idea and you'll eventually be able to do it more along the lines of what you envision.
Your comment that I have highlighted is untrue - crop progression stages are based on "next day = next growth stage", and this becomes more fine tuned in the Realismus Seasons mod, with more subtleties and distinctions.

Making fixed 3-day seasons will make a mockery of planting planning for seasonal price peaks etc.

Your own comment that you have never really liked playing with Seasons in any of your gamesaves is very enlightening when coupled with your other answers - it makes it feel you are biased against Seasons and Seasonal Cycles from the outset, and raises suspicion that you won't be as supportive of community wishes in this context.

Personally I love the Seasons mod, and I feel that Precision Farming has added the missing element of it, but there is only one gamesave where I use 3-day seasons ... a hard mode start from scratch on No Man's Land where everything is tuned against the player, including using x5 time progression and no bank loans or leasing ... but it has a metric butt-tonne of mods to offer options. In all other gamesaves, I use 6, 9 or even 12 day seasons and spend the boredom hours manually stacking bales or cutting lawns for locals using a sit-on mower. I only sleep at night and rarely.

Please, please, PLEASE revisit the fixed 3-day seasonal cycles and offer options of longer durations, otherwise I suspect many people will turn them off and continue using the Seasons mod - which is a waste of your dev time and resources to include it in the first place, and it might impede sales of FS22.
You are dead right here.. This needs to be changed it isn't good enough to say; err the game engine isnt setup correct etc etc.. the community as a whole is against 3 day seasons.. I don't care what it is needed to get a choice of 3,6,9 day seasons to work, its not my problem nor do I care I am the user I don't honestly care that its hard for you to do because why should it's GIANTS job not mine. how but what I find rather odd is how giants don't care either if there ain't a choice in the no. of days per season it will impact on sales like you have said above.

Lastly what I don't find acceptable is giants use modders as a scapegoat.. so any major out standing issues with the game can be passed onto modders to fix.. I find that quite sad anyways that's just my thoughts! You may agree or disagree..
NorModding

Post by NorModding »

Lastly what I don't find acceptable is giants use modders as a scapegoat.. so any major out standing issues with the game can be passed onto modders to fix.. I find that quite sad anyways that's just my thoughts! You may agree or disagree..
Agreed. :biggrin2: :lol:
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

FastFarming wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Thats not the definition of scapegoat. A scapegoat is someone or something used to place blame on, not someone to bail out of a situation.

Just sayin
Playing on PC and PS4
FarmerDan72

Post by FarmerDan72 »

Drmattymd wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 11:31 pm
FastFarming wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:45 pm

Thats not the definition of scapegoat. A scapegoat is someone or something used to place blame on, not someone to bail out of a situation.

Just sayin
You're right, that didn't make much sense, but I would like to see goats in the game.
PS4
Drmattymd

Post by Drmattymd »

My suggestion would be to have multiple buy points. Not a one stop shop for everything. Should be a minimum of an equipment dealer and a feed & seed store. I try to set up my saves this way now but I have to keep resetting the spawn point with the store deliveries mod
Playing on PC and PS4
cwhense

Post by cwhense »

One thing I would like to see in future versions is different seed for the crop types, wheat seed is different then corn seed, different volumes, weights and costs. It would bring a little more realism to FS vs just generic seed bags.
Kerminator
GIANTS Software | Community Coordinator

Post by Kerminator »

TheGazbeard wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:56 pm

To say I would be biased towards my own opinions is way off base, and I would argue is going off of the OP's intention of constructive feedback.
aka Kermit | Community Coordinator | FSL Caster
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

Give them a break, they're giving you cake.
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

I think you guys should take this to another thread OP specifically asked for your constructive criticism and that’s it
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

I haven't read anything in this thread besides the original post and the few recent posts, so I may look out of context, but it seems the thread already derailed :lol:

1) I'd like to see less saturation and brightness with the graphics. There are some good improvements so far that I've seen from 19 to 22, but the trees and crops especially could use some more shadows. Essentially, the shadows could be more pronounced.
2) Better stubble: From what we've been allowed to see from FS22 so far, the stubble is very very thin on some crops, especially the sorghum. It almost looks like someone notilled a crop in. Another crop is corn, where the stalks look thin and there is no grass or crop residue between the stalks. In a real corn harvest, you have to dig to see the soil beneath all the harvested crop material ejected from the harvester or squashed by a chopper
3) Improved physics: Not sure how this should be done since I am not a game developer, but the physics need to be addressed if they are like what FS19 has. I understand that pallets and bales are a touchy subject, and those are fine for the most part unless an employee superglues your pallet forks. However, vehicles in general feel like plastic toys being driven around in the map. This is the main reason I use a fill type mass adjustment mod on all my savegames, because I want to actually feel like I'm pulling something. Hopefully the gearbox implementation can help with this some.

I could probably think of some more, but these are the main ones I would like to see addressed.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
monkeysparrow 2

Post by monkeysparrow 2 »

What always disappoints me is not only the actual ground being totally flat, as in no proper bumps in the fields but also the totally unrealistic farm tracks that are mirror smooth with no ruts.

I get bored quickly of this, I actively seek out maps that have rutted tracks, we get it that even in the dev time Giants have used they still chose to use their own engine, but at least try and make that engine produce a landscape that presents a bit of realism.
blue_painted

Post by blue_painted »

monkeysparrow 2 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 11:00 pm What always disappoints me is not only the actual ground being totally flat, as in no proper bumps in the fields but also the totally unrealistic farm tracks that are mirror smooth with no ruts.

I get bored quickly of this, I actively seek out maps that have rutted tracks, we get it that even in the dev time Giants have used they still chose to use their own engine, but at least try and make that engine produce a landscape that presents a bit of realism.
The engine can do bumpy tracks quite nicely, it's something I tend to do to maps before starting a saveGame on them. In GE, you very gently lower a few likely spots, at the junctions of tracks, in gateways, under trees etc. and maybe raise a few other places.
Playing new "Beest" Intel i7-11700F with GeForce GTX 3060 and XBOX controller
also £600 laptop - AMD Ryzen 5600H with GeForce GTX 3050 XBOX controller

Dairydeere's A Guide to Finding Farming Simulator Mods - Please give this a read and help spread awareness for respectful mod downloads
SimulatorGAMES

Post by SimulatorGAMES »

Hello,

Here are the possible points of improvement for the future.

> We could see on the photos of presentation of Berthoud that weeds grow everywhere in the field as on FS19.
Why didn't you make them grow randomly like rocks? On FS 19 it is the seasons mod corrected this.

> I hope that the straw deposited on the ground when we harvest will be different depending on the crops.
It's strange to have wheat straw when you grind corn.
The Chopped straw on FS17 Webalizer looked really good with 3D straw that overlapped with the crop stubble (FoliageMultiLayer).
We could do direct-seed and so much else ...
https://farming-simulator.com/mod.php?mod_id=56564
I imagine the fact that the straw is a 2D texture saves resources, and makes the thing console compatible.

> I had mentioned a shadow problem on FS19 compared to FS17, I believe it was corrected on FS22.
viewtopic.php?f=998&t=161642&p=1261180#p1261180

> And there are obviously these 3 days per season, it will be very complicated for "serious" players who play "roleplay". There will be so much more to do in the fields like
pick up the stones, run the factories, but we won't be able to do all that since we will have to be in the fields for the crops.
We could use the worker (H) to help us, but there are players who play without, and then he is still just as bad, he rolls in the crops:
https://youtu.be/AvQgJfNlchI?t=247

To conclude it's sad to say but very often when moders create things like choppedstraw, the season mod,
and that Giant Software adds it as a base to the following games, it does not work as well as before....

For the moment we don't have the game in our hands, we say things like that in photos and short videos, we don't necessarily realize the work accomplished by the team, we hope to be heard anyway, moders are important for the game. 3 years between games seems good for player and dev.

Bye Hugo