Constructive feedback thread for FS22

FarmBoss

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by FarmBoss »

h3rich wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:39 pm
Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:24 pm Essentially hired helpers can be treated as GPS. You make the turn, turn on his helper then wait until the other end and take over to turn again.
What are you talking about? The GPS is GPS and a hired helper is a hired helper (one missing from the game and the other completely unfinished and unusable). That kind of thinking is keeping the game in the state it's in...
That's the kind of stuff Giants developers loves to see, their fanboys making ridiculous excuses and workarounds for them.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Back on topic please. Take your moaning and casual chat elsewhere.

If a moderator could clear up the mess I would appreciate it.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Why? Is this not constructive feedback?

We moan about a feature and they have to construct it. :)
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

h3rich wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:39 pm What are you talking about? The GPS is GPS and a hired helper is a hired helper (one missing from the game and the other completely unfinished and unusable). That kind of thinking is keeping the game in the state it's in...
Good job you know they are different words. Tell me how you run GPS irl and how it is very different than you could hired helpers like I describe above. Also I rather have whopster create the mod than giants, especially considering how they seem to mess up seasons.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
h3rich

Post by h3rich »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 5:48 pm
h3rich wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:39 pm What are you talking about? The GPS is GPS and a hired helper is a hired helper (one missing from the game and the other completely unfinished and unusable). That kind of thinking is keeping the game in the state it's in...
Good job you know they are different words. Tell me how you run GPS irl and how it is very different than you could hired helpers like I describe above. Also I rather have whopster create the mod than giants, especially considering how they seem to mess up seasons.
How about you take a look at how the GPS mod for FS works? Yeah same as hired help...So we don't need the GPS mod? That's why its one of most used mods and most requested feature?

It's not who makes what...the game is basically copy paste since FS13.
Illinois Farmer

Post by Illinois Farmer »

So you can't tell me, so you don't know, exactly. Even the mod, you create ab lines, pick your width, that can be saved. Just going on the basics, you start on the end turn on GPS, let it drive for you, then get to the end and turn the equipment and turn it on again. Same thing can be down with the workers. Also i never said we didn't need it, hence reading. I rather have whopster make the mod than have it in base game. If you think the game is still the same as fs13, you need help. As past interactions with you have told me, there is no point in responding to you anymore after this.
Last edited by Illinois Farmer on Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Mobias

Post by Mobias »

Has anything been said about upgrades to the vehicle and implement physics with FS22? There was a noticeable improvement with FS19 over FS17. I think a lot of people learnt to live without the MR mod with FS19. I wonder if there will be a further move towards heavier and weightier physics with FS22? Or will it be left untouched from FS19?
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mobias wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 8:52 pm Has anything been said about upgrades to the vehicle and implement physics with FS22? There was a noticeable improvement with FS19 over FS17. I think a lot of people learnt to live without the MR mod with FS19. I wonder if there will be a further move towards heavier and weightier physics with FS22? Or will it be left untouched from FS19?
Pallets do not seem to have much improvement based on the footage we've seen, however that was from a month or two ago. They have shown weights in the fact sheets on how much trailers are designed to carry, so I think some people are hopeful we will see improved physics based off those. There was also a trailer fill limit option located in the settings menu which has been linked to the trailer weights
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
Mwal

Post by Mwal »

Let’s get back to constructive feedback. Root crops, they have kinda felt like the red headed step child in 19 until the Grimme dlc. Both crops have a pretty small lineup of base game equipment. Some sort of production chain type additions might be the ticket to making them a more entertaining crop type to work with. Maybe taking a look at some of the washing/sorting processes that are common with potatoes specifically. To stay on the production chain topic another thing that might help make the tie back to farming would be new by-products that could be fed to animals. An example would be wet cake or wet distillers from an ethanol plant. This would also add some simple extra features to animal husbandry as well and would also be a more farm style play through friendly production chain.
Recently we saw the new character creator which for me at least is an exciting feature, wandering around in the winter without a coat always seems strange and outfit selection for the season you’re in adds immersion in my opinion, even if you only see yourself in the tractor. The only thing I would add to this is the ability to have a few preset outfits to be able to quickly change to. Fumbling through things for simple changes can be frustrating. This brings me to my last critique, FS menus. For those of us who farm on a larger than average scale some of the menus in 19 are cumbersome and are really more of a button mash mini game than a user friendly purchase screen. Sorting systems or a search function at some of the windows (when selling in the garage especially) and the ability to purchase animals in greater numbers than one are a few examples. On a positive note some of the recent screens have looked better as well as the fact sheets and the from the looks of it you have taken some feedback to heart which is extremely promising in my opinion.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Mwal wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:06 pm Let’s get back to constructive feedback. Root crops, they have kinda felt like the red headed step child in 19 until the Grimme dlc. Both crops have a pretty small lineup of base game equipment. Some sort of production chain type additions might be the ticket to making them a more entertaining crop type to work with. Maybe taking a look at some of the washing/sorting processes that are common with potatoes specifically. To stay on the production chain topic another thing that might help make the tie back to farming would be new by-products that could be fed to animals. An example would be wet cake or wet distillers from an ethanol plant.
We've seen an icon next to potatoes and sugarbeets that looks like chopped/processed sugar beets. Seeing as Giants has not released specifics on the animal feeding system, I have the same thoughts. Would be awesome to feed cows more than just straw, hay, and silage.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
SnoopBok

Post by SnoopBok »

george.earlslight wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:11 pm Unrelated to gameplay, I'd like to see NVidia DLSS and AMD Fidelity FX available.
On the official page of AMD under upcoming Games, FS22 is listed: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/rad ... resolution

So Fidelity FX will be supported, however I think it's remarkable Giants hasn't said anything officially about it as far as I now. I really like to know more about it. Will it be only supported for pc or for consoles too? And which consoles?

It's a technique that can boost performance with marginal loss of quality, potentially it can cause the game to run 60 fps constantly :biggrin2:
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

SnoopBok wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 7:46 pm On the official page of AMD under upcoming Games, FS22 is listed: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/rad ... resolution
Nice catch! This could also be related to next gen consoles where Giants would need to optimize for the AMD APUs.
Thankfully, I'll be able to use FidelityFx on my NVidia card, even though I'd prefer to have DLSS available.
ehhole

Post by ehhole »

I enjoy the game, and hope it keeps improving.
I would like them to fix the issue of objects, like trees, buildings and even birds appearing from thin air right in front of me. There are times when trees that are farther away popup before trees that are much closer.
It would be a good idea if they made sure our vehicle was fully stopped before being able to refuel, and stop refueling when we start to move.
It is odd that I can pick up animal mess with a shovel in reverse. Their workmanship is very questionable. Their testing is just as bad.
norfolk farmer

Post by norfolk farmer »

this_is_gav wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:04 pm

If a moderator could clear up the mess I would appreciate it.
Moderator, seems a while since we had one of those on a consistent basis....
TheGazbeard

Post by TheGazbeard »

njuska11 wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 1:20 pm
Exactly. I cant play with big machines without gps its simply cumbersome. And fs22 isnt able to implement this feature for reasons uknown. Is it unreasonable to expect gps a 30year old tech to finaly appear in base game after more than 10 years of fs series existance? Gps is just one of the examples. So yeah game is still lacking basic stuff...
Do German farmers use GPS in the fields?
If so, do they have access to it on both sides of the old Iron Curtain or does the USA still block the signals for it east of Berlin?

Answers to those questions "might" explain why GPS is not a native feature in FS19.

;)
My FarmSim farms on YouTube - Gazbeard
My FarmSim farms on Twitch - TheGazbeard