Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Illinois Farmer

Re: Constructive feedback thread for FS22

Post by Illinois Farmer »

Irl weeds would grow every where in the field if left untreated. The reason you only see some in spots is those spots are missed, crop was planted, so weeds had a spot to go, or didn't spray enough.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
george.earlslight

Post by george.earlslight »

Unrelated to gameplay, I'd like to see NVidia DLSS and AMD Fidelity FX available.
SimulatorGAMES

Post by SimulatorGAMES »

Illinois Farmer wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:02 pm Irl weeds would grow every where in the field if left untreated. The reason you only see some in spots is those spots are missed, crop was planted, so weeds had a spot to go, or didn't spray enough.
Maybe in your place, I find it hard to believe it, but towards our place when sowing wheat we do not sow weeds that would grow everywhere at the same time. IRL they grow in zones 1m2 2m3 or more depending on factors such as the soil, the proximity of a hedge, a tree, water ... We do not ask that it be as complex but just random.
Illinois Farmer

That's because wheat covers most of ground in tight rows. There isn't a lot of room for weeds to grow. Hence why I said untreated. We plant wheat late fall, weeds don't grow in the winter, by spring the wheat covers the ground so weeds can't grow. Also I was talking more for corn and beans. Therefore, since every area is different it is hard to compensate everyone.
1300 acre farm, finish out just about 10,000 hogs a year, 200 cattle, and xbox one and pc user.
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Row crops have wider spacing, which allows for wheat growth. The season of growth also decides whether weeds can grow or not. Hence the reason that some crops would have more weeds than others. Like Illinois Farmer said, it's hard to make everyone happy
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
chedly_farms

Post by chedly_farms »

We got soybean fields around me that I feel are nothing but weeds.
Currently Playing on XBoxOne : Elm Creek

-----> And "Thank You Modders" for your contributions <----
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

I see the same as chedly, but in eastern Ontario Canada. How do farmers sort that out when it comes time to harvest and sell?
Illinois Farmer

Get docked on price if there is too much weed seed. Also the weeds probably hurt the overall yield as well.
TheSuBBie

Post by TheSuBBie »

by Kerminator
But again, I'm sure the mod community will expand on this idea and you'll eventually be able to do it more along the lines of what you envision."
Does this mean modders will have access to ALL the necessary documentation to fulfil these extra tasks and not have to wait around and sometimes guess the way Giants have (or not ) done something.

Or does the keyword in the above quote "eventually " mean 18 months down the line
FarmBoss

Post by FarmBoss »

TheSuBBie wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 pm
by Kerminator
But again, I'm sure the mod community will expand on this idea and you'll eventually be able to do it more along the lines of what you envision."
Does this mean modders will have access to ALL the necessary documentation to fulfil these extra tasks and not have to wait around and sometimes guess the way Giants have (or not ) done something.

Or does the keyword in the above quote "eventually " mean 18 months down the line
I'm willing to bet that Giants is quietly hard at work changing the season cycle length due to all the constructive feedback so far.
Of course, I bet and lost regarding the addition of stones in fields.
FIVE

Post by FIVE »

I hope/wish for, a better single-layer experience.
What I love about the multiplayer, is that the farm really comes til live. Other farmers drive around, and do field work, carting etc.

But when I play in single player, I have to do everything myself, unless I hire a helper, which only can do field work.
Why is the helper not programmed to drive around by himself, and do carting, or feeding my animals, or whatever needs to be done!?

It feels kind of boring being the only one on a farm... :confusednew:
Last edited by FIVE on Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
this_is_gav

Post by this_is_gav »

Based on the screenshots in today's Crossplay article.

Positives:
  • The colour tone and lighting of the French map looks a million times better than GamesCom. Saturation and vibrancy on the vehicles especially is much more pleasant and less jarring.
  • Trees are darker generally too; much better. Could still do with more shadow definition (or just darken them more) on distance trees especially.
  • The field left after cut grass is much better than in previous screenshots, but could still do with having a bit more of a yellow tint.
  • I like the different tyre track effects in the background on the silaging screenshot. Is that a weight impression or just different tracks for different tyres?

Negative:
  • The windrows are still small and lacking volume
Dairydeere

Post by Dairydeere »

Well said gav. In addition to all those things, I like that Giants somewhat "broke" the multiplayer barrier by adding crossplay. Obviously it's restricted to ModHub mods, but I think it's pretty cool nonetheless.
Dairy farmer, college student, part-time modder, always looking to drive a tractor

Discord Server
Facebook page

Where should you download mods from? Try this! - A Guide to Respectful Downloads and Original Mods

Driving up a wall because my brain turned off the gravity

Happy farming!
trogladitez

Post by trogladitez »

this_is_gav wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 3:34 pm Based on the screenshots in today's Crossplay article.

Positives:
  • The colour tone and lighting of the French map looks a million times better than GamesCom. Saturation and vibrancy on the vehicles especially is much more pleasant and less jarring.
  • Trees are darker generally too; much better. Could still do with more shadow definition (or just darken them more) on distance trees especially.
  • The field left after cut grass is much better than in previous screenshots, but could still do with having a bit more of a yellow tint.
  • I like the different tyre track effects in the background on the silaging screenshot. Is that a weight impression or just different tracks for different tyres?

Negative:
  • The windrows are still small and lacking volume
Completely agree. Hopefully a modder can yellow that cut grass a bit more because as you said, there's still too much bright green involved. It does baffle me why they don't just make it the correct colour though.
tommo83

Post by tommo83 »

the recent Bon silage video released looks better to me regarding the colours and saturation. Im sold for this version now, they've lured me in with the new sounds. next version they will need to lure me in with pea harvesting equipment :D